U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 12:00 PM

686 posts, read 1,476,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Yes I have seen Sharpton do this. In Los Angeles blacks who lived in neighborhoods for years are being moved out of them by illegals, competing for work and places to live. It's shameful.

There not illegals in reality cali and much of the south west belongs to mexico, Their just taking back old territory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 12:02 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,117,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adirondackguy123 View Post
There not illegals in reality cali and much of the south west belongs to mexico, Their just taking back old territory.
You can't take back what you fought over and lost, signed a treaty, and were also paid money for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsden_Purchase

Old 09-07-2010, 12:03 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,948,309 times
Quote:
Give it a rest already. that pig won't fly.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
You can't take back what you fought over and lost, signed a treaty, and were also paid money for.

Gadsden Purchase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yeah well there not going anywhere, they'll just keep coming.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:39 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Yeah well there not going anywhere, they'll just keep coming.
Bet me! They aren't going to keep coming for much longer.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:41 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Oh, another reconquista on board. How charming!

Old 09-07-2010, 02:48 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
What I find most interesting is how some in the black community have aligned their struggle (primarily with regard to discrimination) with the illegal immigrant. I have seen many blacks marching in support of illegals and also who are against SB1070 and I often wonder why knowing about how they discriminate against black people in Mexico and in other Latin cultures in central and south America.
I have encountered blacks who are shockingly oblivious to the issue of illegal immigration. They had no knowledge of its detriment to this country, or blacks in particular. Of course it doesn’t help having the likes of Al and Jesse advocating for illegal aliens. Sadly, their apologists are loyal to a fault, and automatically assume if they’re involved, it must be a just cause.

A few weeks ago, I had a discussion with a black male friend. He was appalled when I told him I support SB 1070, and asked how I could support racism and racial profiling. We had a lengthy discussion which culminated with his support for SB 1070. Many simply need to be enlightened.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Oh, another reconquista on board. How charming!
No i'm not a reconquista, what's happening now is the same thing that happened when europeans came to the new world, They took over the country when People already lived here and now the same thing is happening but the only difference is Mexicans aren't killing off white people in large numbers like the europeans did to the Natives.

And many of these mexican and central americans are mainly of Native descent, but the U.S. calls them hispanic.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:57 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,784,302 times
One of my best friends (black) of 35 years, who recently died, traveled with me to many places. In Mexico he would get catcalls and people calling him Michael Jackson, asking if he wanted to buy drugs, etc. When going to a restaurant or bar, many times the server would ask me (white) what he wanted to order instead of asking him..

Old 09-07-2010, 02:58 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Some do because they still resent whitey for the racism of the past. Aligning themselves with illegal aliens who are also of an ethnic minority group they feel it is payback to whitey for times past. With the influx of illegal aliens who are mostly from Mexico they know that the anglo-white race in this country will be diluted and they think that is a good thing. If that ever happens they will regret it because that is when these Mestizos will no longer have any use for them and they will see what the new racism looks like and they will be the brunt of it.

I don't think most blacks are aligning themselves with illegal aliens. Benicar and SoEdible are good examples of that. It is mostly the black race baiter leaders like Jackson and Al Sharpton that are doing it. Most blacks resent the comparison of illegal aliens to the civil rights movement and rightly so.
While I am sure there are some who share that sentiment, I do not believe it is representative of the feelings of most black Americans. As I mentioned in my response to LuckyGem, it’s more an issue of ignorance of the facts, as opposed to disdain for whites, or a sense of retribution for past injustices.

I have always felt that Hispanic advocacy groups are only using blacks to garner support for illegal aliens and amnesty. If they ever accomplish their goals, they will throw their black supporters under the bus in record speed.

They probably don’t realize that Janet Murguia and her minions at La Raza are actually quite anti-black. I wonder what they would think if they knew she petitioned Congress for a moratorium on immigrants from Africa. If they think Jim Crow was bad, they certainly don’t want ethnocentric Hispanics like Janet to ever control this country. Blacks wouldn’t be sitting at the back of the bus. They wouldn’t even be allowed ON the bus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration