U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-08-2010, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,854,828 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by inturbide1981 View Post
thats why I admired of the majoritys way of thinking
they screamed to the four winds they came here legally
well lets pretend this country was justice and the law govern justly for everybody PRETEND...
would have blacks having a say so, would they had permitted more legals to depress their wages?

my answer is no, blacks were not represented in no governmental influence to prevent such attrocities to the black worker

and I am not talking slavery time I am talking from
1901-1950

now the majority is asking for mercy when they have a gorilla challeger down its belly which is a latin america willing to come without the majoritys says so.


again arizona is pretending , all america is pretending, the hispanics are coming and nothing is stopping them, even without illegals anymore their population is already increasing by natural domestic growth to be dominant in americas landscape.

so go out and vote november 2nd to stop the unstoppable,
We are all aware of the history of this country. Fortunately, we have progressed, and the injustices so prevalent during past eras are no longer legally or morally acceptable. Letís move on, and debate this issue in the year 2010.

Furthermore, please donít try to justify illegal immigration by exploiting the plight of black Americans. I could be mistaken, but I donít believe you give a fat kitty about the injustices perpetrated against blacks. If you did, you would realize the deleterious impact of illegal immigration on low-wage blacks today, and you would not condone illegal immigration.

A just cause can be defended on the basis of its own merit. I challenge you to defend illegal immigration without invoking the past. If you canít, perhaps you should rethink your stance.

 
Old 09-08-2010, 11:24 AM
 
Location: texas
155 posts, read 146,556 times
Reputation: 23
I am not changing my stance, yes were a nation of laws but let's not talk about the legal of authority like u were more entitled, a lot of the situation is because of demand of labor that the economy has contracted doesn't mean that demand was not there before. Go back and read about the bracero program in the 1940, 1950, 1960s u said it urself this is a nation of laws if employers brake them and go on without punishment they would keep doing the same, so if the illegals Come and see that we go by the laws on some and ignore others, so the problem was never was here prior to illegals
And about the thread I am glad u see the past as the past but to me and the rest of the world, u and ur ancestors cannot claimed u came here legally, and about telling u that the corruption was here before illegals just makes my point even clearer
 
Old 09-08-2010, 11:43 AM
 
Location: texas
155 posts, read 146,556 times
Reputation: 23
And I again its good that u know the injustices created in the past so when its 2100 and hispanics are 60% and there economical problems our politicians can scapegoat the prior illegals
 
Old 09-08-2010, 11:57 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,854,828 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by inturbide1981 View Post
I am not changing my stance, yes were a nation of laws but let's not talk about the legal of authority like u were more entitled, a lot of the situation is because of demand of labor that the economy has contracted doesn't mean that demand was not there before. Go back and read about the bracero program in the 1940, 1950, 1960s u said it urself this is a nation of laws if employers brake them and go on without punishment they would keep doing the same, so if the illegals Come and see that we go by the laws on some and ignore others, so the problem was never was here prior to illegals
And about the thread I am glad u see the past as the past but to me and the rest of the world, u and ur ancestors cannot claimed u came here legally, and about telling u that the corruption was here before illegals just makes my point even clearer
Quote:
Originally Posted by inturbide1981 View Post
And I again its good that u know the injustices created in the past so when its 2100 and hispanics are 60% and there economical problems our politicians can scapegoat the prior illegals
Obviously, you canít defend illegal immigration. But then, there is no defense for the indefensible. Let us know when you have a cogent argument. Later.
 
Old 09-08-2010, 12:30 PM
 
Location: texas
155 posts, read 146,556 times
Reputation: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Obviously, you can’t defend illegal immigration. But then, there is no defense for the indefensible. Let us know when you have a cogent argument. Later.
Bracero Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

defend it? defend it from what from YOU,

I dont event think youll read and if youll read is for ur agenda and your agenda is living the moment like it has always been.

1930's they brought them they deport them.

then during world war 2, they started to bring more

"The Bracero Program was initially prompted by a demand for manual labor during World War II, and begun with the U.S. government bringing in a few hundred experienced Mexican agricultural laborers to harvest sugar beets in the Stockton, California area. The program soon spread to cover most of the United States and provided workers for the agriculture labor market[1]).
(with the notable exception was Texas, who initially opted out of the program in preference of an "open border" policy, and were denied braceros by the Mexican government until 1947 due to perceived mistreatment of Mexican laborers"

texas its employers like normal greedy individuals that they were wanted easy access something mexico denied...MEXICO DENIED.

Scholars of this school suggest that the decision to hire Mexicans through the Bracero Program or via extra-legal contractors depended mostly on which seemed more suitable to needs of agribusiness employers, attributing the expansion of the Bracero Program in the late 50s to the relaxation of enforcement of regulations on Bracero wages, housing, and food charges.[7]

they did not want to go and ask mexicos permission to bring authorised workers just because they did not want to meet the basics requirements of wages, housing and food charges...AGAIN GREEDY.

THEN THEY DEPORT THEM AGAIN...IN 1954

mexico tried and the corruption of bribing workers to come was not mexicos fight to win, how could they?

so going back YOU CAN ASSSURE ME THAT if 11 million are deported
that same corruption would not bring them back? when the economy does pick up? if you say no that we would do better.

I laugh at your childish assumption, greed has not been exterminated since the beginning , so I have history on my side saying that
no you cant prevent it.

modern illegals. subsidies regarding corn in the united states dump corn into mexico ruining poor farmers incomes, why does america subsidies corn I don know, second why all the maquiladores were built at the border? did they not know that workers follow work? I can assure you that if those factories were made in southern mexico the problem would not be as much.

everything is systimatically matipulated to be the way it is
 
Old 09-08-2010, 12:41 PM
 
Location: John & Ken-ville
13,692 posts, read 15,183,834 times
Reputation: 9493
You know the USA used to ADVERTISE for IMMIGRANTS to come here back in the 1800s.

Before Ellis Island and then after ....That's why there was a boom in immigration they started coming here in waves thru Ellis Island.
 
Old 09-08-2010, 12:52 PM
 
216 posts, read 199,153 times
Reputation: 88
what dribble,
ever heard of guest worker program ?
did you ever hear of assimilation?
These ill breed fence hoppers are the plight of our country, they stayed unwelcome now we want them out. demonstrating over it will only harden us and the legal immigrants no matter from if they came from 1930 to 2010 are sick of it.
Pretty bad when you walk through the park and a non english speaking drunk tries to attach you with a knife. I surely hope you don't think that these so desperate people would spare you based on your being hispanic? Lets face facts your agenda smacks of the La Raza brain washing, once you get a clue that all these groups that care so much for equality do it in the name of the big biz.
Or else they would be down in mexico spending every penny to make it the great place.
Requesta? no amount of debate will change whats happening, we see it as an invite to war.
Americana the sleeping giant, is awake now.
 
Old 09-08-2010, 02:31 PM
 
Location: texas
155 posts, read 146,556 times
Reputation: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by InThemiddleToo View Post
what dribble,
ever heard of guest worker program ?
did you ever hear of assimilation?
These ill breed fence hoppers are the plight of our country, they stayed unwelcome now we want them out. demonstrating over it will only harden us and the legal immigrants no matter from if they came from 1930 to 2010 are sick of it.
Pretty bad when you walk through the park and a non english speaking drunk tries to attach you with a knife. I surely hope you don't think that these so desperate people would spare you based on your being hispanic? Lets face facts your agenda smacks of the La Raza brain washing, once you get a clue that all these groups that care so much for equality do it in the name of the big biz.
Or else they would be down in mexico spending every penny to make it the great place.
Requesta? no amount of debate will change whats happening, we see it as an invite to war.
Americana the sleeping giant, is awake now.

What are you going to do bomb them nuclearly? who cares then if war is what it takes to replace the true illegals to get out then so be it, and trust me
latin america together is unlimited in numbers is that what u want?
i betch you, just like americans watch and profit from wars
china, russia would be doing the same

either you assimilate or north america is going to be a big kosovo
and as your talking arizonas hispanic population have increase
7 to 1 babies
so u let me know when this so war is going to start

the chamber of commerce, president, everybody is in it....
 
Old 09-08-2010, 02:42 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,186,440 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by inturbide1981 View Post
I am not changing my stance, yes were a nation of laws but let's not talk about the legal of authority like u were more entitled, a lot of the situation is because of demand of labor that the economy has contracted doesn't mean that demand was not there before. Go back and read about the bracero program in the 1940, 1950, 1960s u said it urself this is a nation of laws if employers brake them and go on without punishment they would keep doing the same, so if the illegals Come and see that we go by the laws on some and ignore others, so the problem was never was here prior to illegals
And about the thread I am glad u see the past as the past but to me and the rest of the world, u and ur ancestors cannot claimed u came here legally, and about telling u that the corruption was here before illegals just makes my point even clearer
Because of the outrage of Americans the employers are starting to be punished. Just because the employers are breaking the law doesn't give the illegals the right to take advantage of it. Employers only make up a small part of our population. Most of the rest of America expects our laws to be respected and do abide by them.

You're right, I didn't come here legally, I was BORN here. I never was an immigrant but my ancestors were and they came within the immigration laws in place at the time.

You're so-called points are completely unclear to me and I imagine the same for most of us in this forum.
 
Old 09-08-2010, 02:45 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,186,440 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by inturbide1981 View Post
What are you going to do bomb them nuclearly? who cares then if war is what it takes to replace the true illegals to get out then so be it, and trust me
latin america together is unlimited in numbers is that what u want?
i betch you, just like americans watch and profit from wars
china, russia would be doing the same

either you assimilate or north america is going to be a big kosovo
and as your talking arizonas hispanic population have increase
7 to 1 babies
so u let me know when this so war is going to start

the chamber of commerce, president, everybody is in it....
True illegals? Straight out of the Chicano Nationalist handbook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top