Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 11:06 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,323,978 times

Advertisements

Wow... just wow. What a complete moron...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 11:06 PM

516 posts, read 373,688 times
I call BS on the OP's post. Not a chance that happened in LA but it's good for the lefties to feign outrage and continue their histrionics here.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:07 PM

767 posts, read 486,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
I call BS on the OP's post. Not a chance that happened in LA.
I call BS on your post. LA has over 7 million people, and there isn't a chance that one person out of 7 million would act this way????

Old 09-08-2010, 11:13 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,801,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Those states have other requirements that still would require citizenship or legal residency. WA for example requires your social security card;

WA State Licensing: Proof of identity - driver license

Utah does require proof of residency;

Utah Department of Public Safety

So does New Mexico;

Utah Department of Public Safety
I LIVE in WA - trust me- illegals CAN get licences here and in UT and NM - if you don't believe me just check the Dreamies portal website.........

Old 09-08-2010, 11:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,776,394 times
I'm having a hard time connecting the dots between this story, supposedly happened in California, and the Gov of Arizona.

We have a disconnect.

I guess we would have to hear the other side. You know how these he said, she said stories go.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:14 PM

44,983 posts, read 26,132,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
I call BS on your post. LA has over 7 million people, and there isn't a chance that one person out of 7 million would act this way????
good point, hardly makes the case for such feigned outrage by the o.p.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:16 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,488,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
So my wonderful husband, Dane_In_LA, just got home from work and told me he had a terrible day that started with him being rear-ended on the way into the office this morning. For the moment, he's fine, but she hit him hard enough that things went flying in the car (CDs off the seat and such), so he's going to have to look out for stiffness to possibly settle in.

But I digress. He and the woman who hit him get out of their respective vehicles and exchange insurance information, though she initially refused to actually show him her driver license and insurance card, but just wanted to hand him a piece of paper with whatever information she wrote on it, which, for all he knew may have been inaccurate. He was more than polite to her (the man has no temper -- even I can't get him riled up ).

But as he spoke, she noticed that he has an accent, so she asked him where he was from and he told her he was from Denmark. And that's when things go completely off the rails.

"I'd like to see your Green Card,"
she said.

What?

The?

FLICK???

Just where in the bloody hell does she think she is, Nazi Germany? Or perhaps Arizona, since that's the kind of attitude that hate-filled laws like Jan Brewer enacts engenders in society.

Screw her and the horse she rode in on. "I'd like to see your Green Card." As if.

If that story actually happened, I'm on the other lady's side. I think YOU'RE the one overreacting and personally I think more drivers should be suspicious of other drivers being illegal... especially in California.

Sorry, but I really have no sympathy for you.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
good point, hardly makes the case for such feigned outrage by the o.p.
Some lady accused her husband of being here illegally and you call it feigned outrage??

Old 09-08-2010, 11:17 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,625,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
Show me the federal law which allows this
Quote:
The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) (8 U.S.C. §§1101 et seq.) currently
provides limited avenues for state enforcement of both its civil and criminal
provisions. The legislative proposals that have been introduced, however, would
appear to expand the role of state and local law enforcement agencies in the civil
regulatory aspects of immigration law (i.e., identifying and detaining deportable
aliens for purposes of removal). Adding the enforcement of civil immigration law
to the role of state and local law enforcement could, in essence, involve the agencies
in a seemingly unfamiliar mission. This potential expansion has prompted many to
examine the legal authority by which state and local law enforcement agencies may
enforce immigration law, particularly the civil enforcement measures.
This report examines the role of state and local law enforcement in enforcing
immigration law. The discussion is limited to the role of state and local law
enforcement in the investigation, arrest, and detention of all immigration violators.
The report does not discuss the prosecution, adjudication, or removal of aliens who
violate the law.
from this site;

http://trac.syr.edu/immigration/library/P48.pdf

Old 09-08-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
Yawn. In other words, nothing. Case closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration