U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 08:27 AM

37 posts, read 33,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The judge's ruling will be overturned, since she really didn't base it on anything.
She based it on the Constitution, perhaps you've heard of such a document. I made a $100 bet with my uncle that the ruling will stand. I'm more than happy to take on any more suckers. I'll be spending that $100 at a Mexican restaurant.

Quote:
If you have a driver with no ID, no license, can't speak English, can't identify himself.....you don't have a problem with that?
I do have a problem with people driving without a license. Whether they are English speaking or not is irrelevant.

Quote:
First of all, ALL foreign residents here legally MUST carry their "green card". Second, I didn't know it was LEGAL to drive a car without a license and insurance.
American citizens are not, which is why the judge struck it down. You can be arrested for driving without a license, you can't be arrested for failing to provide citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 08:41 AM

10,543 posts, read 11,680,657 times
Your husband was rear-ended by Jan Brewer? I would have expected that to be on he news. I'm also a little confused because I thought Brewer anti-Latino, but she asked a Dane for a Green Card?

Old 09-09-2010, 08:50 AM

37 posts, read 33,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
During a traffic stop you provide your DL to the police. In Arizona that is sufficient proof of legal residence in that state.

The struck down provision ruled that police could not build reasonable suspicion that someone is in the country illegally and use that to require ID.
If the person is unable to provide a valid DL, the police can not build reasonable suspicion that someone is in the country illegally. Sounds like you contradicted yourself.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:27 AM

48,519 posts, read 81,013,914 times
I thnik that the Op should look at just why such people think such things. Its couldn't be the million breaking the laws everyday could it/ Seems she has taken one incident and let it influence her view of another which is the same thing the wowmen did with her husband. She listen to her husbands story and concldes that the Artizona govenor is a Nazi form the womans action. Lucky by the same standards the woman didn't thnik her husband was a cartel drug lord or MS 13 member.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:07 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,313,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I'm off to make my lovely husband dinner. Tawk among yourselves.
LOL...don't forget to burp 'em when he's done...

Old 09-09-2010, 10:50 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win lose or draw View Post
If the person is unable to provide a valid DL, the police can not build reasonable suspicion that someone is in the country illegally. Sounds like you contradicted yourself.
And just why can't the police build "reasonable" suspicion that someone is not in the country illegally if they can't produce a DL, state I.D. or green card? In particular during a traffic violation stop a legal person would have at least a DL.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:53 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win lose or draw View Post
She based it on the Constitution, perhaps you've heard of such a document. I made a $100 bet with my uncle that the ruling will stand. I'm more than happy to take on any more suckers. I'll be spending that $100 at a Mexican restaurant.

I do have a problem with people driving without a license. Whether they are English speaking or not is irrelevant.

American citizens are not, which is why the judge struck it down. You can be arrested for driving without a license, you can't be arrested for failing to provide citizenship.
But the AZ law doesn't state you have to prove citizenship. Only that you carry a valid I.D. such as your DL, state I.D. or green card. Those things in themselves prove one's legality in this country and will suffice.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:54 AM

1,377 posts, read 2,194,624 times
Isn't is possible that she said so in jest?

Old 09-09-2010, 11:39 AM

1,891 posts, read 2,178,918 times
LOL!

I wish there were more people like her.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:41 AM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
I don't see wtf this thread has to do with Illegal Immigration frankly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration