U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 04:17 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,152,308 times

Advertisements

If you enter the USA on a visa and overstay your visa you're here illegally.

If you enter the USA with NO documentation you can't call yourself an Immigrant because IMMIGRANTS acquire the proper clearance to enter A SOVEREIGN NATION LEGALLY.

If you enter the USA illegally have 5 kids to stay here and collect welfare you're STILL HERE ILLEGALLY.

What don't you understand about that?

Old 09-09-2010, 05:10 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,972,991 times
Quote:
Most Americans see illegal aliens and legal immigrants as the same thing!
As usual this OP deals in exaggeration.......it's patently untrue that MOST Americans cannot distinguish bewteen legal immigrants and alien illegal invaders..........

Old 09-09-2010, 06:08 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hideandseekforever View Post
Maybe that is the case for non-Latinos, but many Americans of Latin American descent are now are being a target of discrimination and racism for policies and practices that they have nothing to do with. My family and I have nothing to do with corrupt American politicians or the fact that American businesses feel entitled to cheap labor. We have NOTHING to do with the incompetence of the American government when it comes to illegal immigration. My parents paid thousands of dollars and went through some incredible hoops to be here, and I have family members in the military who have passed away in the Iraq war, and that means nothing to most Americans. The fact that my skin is brown and that I have a Spanish surname sure has hell does. Spokespeople for "La Raza" no more speak for me than Rush Limbaugh speaks for all white people. This whole illegal immigration thing has honestly turned me very bitter about this country. What is the point of even trying to assimilate when nothing will appease these people? Everyone in my family speaks English, my father was a physics doctorate, I have engineers and business owners in my family, but nope. ALL most Americans see is the fact that I'm "Hispanic." They would much rather attack the random brown person on the street than attack their own politicians who enable their mess. So what's the point? On to the nihilism.
Welcome to the world of stereotypes. Due to unabated Hispanic illegal immigration, coupled with the deliberate conflation of legal and illegal, you are now beginning to experience what I, as a black woman, have endured for years.

You must learn, as I have, to understand the dynamics of stereotype formation. Your dilemma will continue as long as our country is plagued by millions of Hispanic illegal aliens. Likewise, as long as images of ignorant rappers, booty/breast-shaking women, Ebonics-speaking, uncouth blacks are plentiful, I will continue to be prejudged. That’s just the way it is.

Even some Hispanics admit they are now questioning the legality of other Hispanics. Right or wrong, it’s simply human nature. Look at the bright side -- if we resolve our illegal immigration problem, you will be free from suspicion. Perhaps your “bitterness” should be directed toward illegal immigration, rather than your country.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:19 PM

32,933 posts, read 30,173,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Welcome to the world of stereotypes. Due to unabated Hispanic illegal immigration, coupled with the deliberate conflation of legal and illegal, you are now beginning to experience what I, as a black woman, have endured for years.

You must learn, as I have, to understand the dynamics of stereotype formation. Your dilemma will continue as long as our country is plagued by millions of Hispanic illegal aliens. Likewise, as long as images of ignorant rappers, booty/breast-shaking women, Ebonics-speaking, uncouth blacks are plentiful, I will continue to be prejudged. That’s just the way it is.

Even some Hispanics admit they are now questioning the legality of other Hispanics. Right or wrong, it’s simply human nature. Look at the bright side -- if we resolve our illegal immigration problem, you will be free from suspicion. Perhaps your “bitterness” should be directed toward illegal immigration, rather than your country.
I drive my BMW to work and I get labeled as some snob. I drive my lifted truck to go hunting and I'm looked at as a redneck. I'm neither of the two and they are just cars.

Hispanic Americans need to change their attitude toward how they are supporting other Latinos here illegally. Until that is done it's going to be a divide and it will be a rough ride. I feel sorry for anyone feeling discrimination due illegal behavior and criminals.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:02 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InThemiddleToo View Post
This is like the other end of what white looking folks get, being called racist for wanting ill legal immigration enforced. All americans suffer for this.
Excellent comparison. I get tired of being stereotyped as a racist and a xenophobe for standing up for the rule of law and desiring our immigration laws to be enforced. It is usually white people that are the butt end of these nasty labels over illegal immigration. They immediately assume that minorities are united for the opposite when that simply isn't true as is evidenced in this forum.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I drive my BMW to work and I get labeled as some snob. I drive my lifted truck to go hunting and I'm looked at as a redneck. I'm neither of the two and they are just cars.

Hispanic Americans need to change their attitude toward how they are supporting other Latinos here illegally. Until that is done it's going to be a divide and it will be a rough ride. I feel sorry for anyone feeling discrimination due illegal behavior and criminals.
We all prejudge. When I think of prejudices, I am always reminded of the husband of a former coworker. A massive snow storm caught us by surprise while at work. At the time, I drove a Corvette and knew it wouldn’t be ideal for driving under those conditions, so a coworker who lived in my general area offered me a ride. Her husband came to get us in his pickup truck, and when I saw him I immediately thought, “Oh sh**, this man is a stone redneck. He is not going to be happy about this.” Actually, he resembled Kenny Rogers.

Anyway, to make a long story short, not only did he drive me home, but he walked me to my door, and then invited me to join them on the weekend to attend a mud wrestling contest at a rural bar. I was somewhat reluctant, but I went. Needless to say, I was the only black person there, and they all looked very stereotypically redneck. I was never so surprised at the hospitality I received. They were all so friendly. We stayed for hours after the contest, eating and drinking and listening to country music. A couple of strangers even bought me drinks. I had a ball. That was the beginning of many great times I shared with them.

I agree. It is way past time for Hispanics to stand up and be counted as opposing illegal immigration. Their overwhelming support for illegal aliens is only compounding the problem.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:38 PM

684 posts, read 1,257,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outcast View Post
The media and various liberal groups have done a great job at confusing the public about immigration. Basically everyone who is new to this country who was not born in America is called an immmigrant. If you are against illegal aliens invading our country you are called anti immigrant. People who support illegal immigration just called them undocumented and say they just came for a better life. We are constantly reminded that we are all immigrants unless we are 100% Indian.

I also find that most Americans do not understand the process one goes through to become a legal immigrant. They tell me that the current "undocumented" should just simply report to the US Embassy and get the necessary papers and they will magically become legal. (They think becoming an American is cheap and easy and nearly everyone can do so easily, just fill out a few forms!)

What would the average American think about immigration if they really knew all the facts and were able to review the issue with intellectual vigor?
Most illegal aliens and legal aliens are American.

Mexico is an American country.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:46 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,972,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post

Pffffffffffft - same ol' same ol' - come up with something NEW fgs

Old 09-10-2010, 09:08 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post

So what that Mexico is on an American continent? They are still a seperate country from the U.S. The point is that illegal aliens are not U.S. countrymen and the citizens of the U.S. are not Mexican nationals anymore than a German has any right to enter England illegally just because they share the same continent.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So what that Mexico is on an American continent? They are still a seperate country from the U.S. The point is that illegal aliens are not U.S. countrymen and the citizens of the U.S. are not Mexican nationals anymore than a German has any right to enter England illegally just because they share the same continent.
Throughout this world, “American” denotes citizen of the United States. This rhetoric only exemplifies the sheer desperation of pro-illegals. Lord only knows what they’ll try next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or