U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-10-2010, 08:26 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,293,898 times
Reputation: 6451

Advertisements

Totally disagree with your asumptions, not the same thing at all. Most Americans know the difference with being in Our COUNTRY ILLEGALLY, and living in this Country legally. What is the confusion None at all. Legal immigrants versus Illegally, no confusion on my part how bout you!

 
Old 09-10-2010, 09:21 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Throughout this world, “American” denotes citizen of the United States. This rhetoric only exemplifies the sheer desperation of pro-illegals. Lord only knows what they’ll try next.
This the pro-illegal's attempt at erasing the border between the U.S. and Mexico by referring to Mexicans as Americans also. A continent and a country are two different things.
 
Old 09-10-2010, 10:05 AM
 
216 posts, read 198,653 times
Reputation: 88
This is so wrong, most middle class americans know friends and family that went thur the legal means to come to the usa.That's why we respect those that came to improve not just their own lives but are welcome assets to our communities.
 
Old 09-10-2010, 10:10 AM
 
Location: Texas
2,847 posts, read 1,851,520 times
Reputation: 1741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
I disagree with your posted premise. Most Americans DO NOT see legal immigrants and illegal aliens as the same. Most Americans are smart enough to see the difference, & to appreciate those who go through the process dictated by our laws. You are correct in that supporters of and apologists for illegal immigrants TRY to make the two groups seem equal, and to demonize anyone opposed to illegals as anti-immigration racist xenophobes, but I think most Americans are smart enough to know the difference, even if they don't know the details of the legal immigration process.
Further, I believe the issue MOST Americans are unsure of is how to deal with the current illegal population. While rounding them all up & deporting them SOUNDS like a great idea, most people see the difficulty of that solution. At the same time, I think most do not support any sort of amnesty, which would basically be a reward for those who have managed to break our laws & defy our policies and live here illegally.


correct
 
Old 09-10-2010, 01:15 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,498,817 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So what that Mexico is on an American continent? They are still a seperate country from the U.S. The point is that illegal aliens are not U.S. countrymen and the citizens of the U.S. are not Mexican nationals anymore than a German has any right to enter England illegally just because they share the same continent.
YOu lose on that one. Any German has a right to freely enter England and work there. There is no customs or immigration between countries. Simllar nowadays to American states.
 
Old 09-10-2010, 01:29 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,498,817 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
correct
We seem determined to assert that the illegal aliens chose to enter illegally. They in fact have no choice. Any lower socio-economic class Mexican has the same chance as the snow ball in hell of getting legal permission to immigrate to the US legally. So it is illegal or not at all.

That is not to justify the act by the way. We are in no way required to be the dumping place for Mexican or other poor. We have a right to standards as to who we admit.

I would think the US population is solidly against mass deportation. They may well be against mass amnesty as well. So we end up with the existing stand off - which probably provides the worst outcome possible.

AZ is really quite interesting. As you listen it appears they are in an illegal immigration crisis. But if you check the facts it turns out that illegal immigration is down, crime is down. The border cities appear in no great turmoil...that is reserved for Maricopa County and Phoenix which are well removed from the border. So they appear to be in turmoil over a problem that is far less than it was years ago and is getting better.

Does that not make one suspicious of what the real motivation is?
 
Old 09-10-2010, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,950,538 times
Reputation: 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
We seem determined to assert that the illegal aliens chose to enter illegally. They in fact have no choice. Any lower socio-economic class Mexican has the same chance as the snow ball in hell of getting legal permission to immigrate to the US legally. So it is illegal or not at all.

In your OWN words - they HAVE a choice - NOT to come here illegally - period, but also according to you if they are denied a way to enter legally then that only gives them ONE choice - to come here illegally.........good grief - what part of NO do they/you fail to comprehend?

MANY applicants for legal immigration are denied every single year.
 
Old 09-10-2010, 03:24 PM
 
Location: Texas
2,847 posts, read 1,851,520 times
Reputation: 1741
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
We seem determined to assert that the illegal aliens chose to enter illegally. They in fact have no choice. Any lower socio-economic class Mexican has the same chance as the snow ball in hell of getting legal permission to immigrate to the US legally. So it is illegal or not at all.

Comment makes no sense, entering is simply illegal without the proper documents. Laws of sovereignty.





AZ is really quite interesting. As you listen it appears they are in an illegal immigration crisis. But if you check the facts it turns out that illegal immigration is down, crime is down. The border cities appear in no great turmoil...that is reserved for Maricopa County and Phoenix which are well removed from the border.


Simple really, illegals go where they can find work, blend in, therefore, larger city.

I can only guess you live no where near the border.
 
Old 09-10-2010, 04:12 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
YOu lose on that one. Any German has a right to freely enter England and work there. There is no customs or immigration between countries. Simllar nowadays to American states.
I wasn't aware that Germans don't require any paperwork at all to enter, take up residence and work in England. However, most countries do require such paperwork and permission from their governments.

Our country is made up of 50 states all under the jurisdiction of the U.S. government. A foreigner cannot enter any of our states or our country without permission from our government. You lose on that one.
 
Old 09-10-2010, 04:20 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
We seem determined to assert that the illegal aliens chose to enter illegally. They in fact have no choice. Any lower socio-economic class Mexican has the same chance as the snow ball in hell of getting legal permission to immigrate to the US legally. So it is illegal or not at all.

That is not to justify the act by the way. We are in no way required to be the dumping place for Mexican or other poor. We have a right to standards as to who we admit.

I would think the US population is solidly against mass deportation. They may well be against mass amnesty as well. So we end up with the existing stand off - which probably provides the worst outcome possible.

AZ is really quite interesting. As you listen it appears they are in an illegal immigration crisis. But if you check the facts it turns out that illegal immigration is down, crime is down. The border cities appear in no great turmoil...that is reserved for Maricopa County and Phoenix which are well removed from the border. So they appear to be in turmoil over a problem that is far less than it was years ago and is getting better.

Does that not make one suspicious of what the real motivation is?
We all have choices whether to do something or not. I can choose to rob a bank or I can choose not to.

Since an illegal alien has the choice of crossing our border illegally or not coming at all then they have to abide by our immigration laws which is to not come at all.

I think most Americans are for voluntary deportation by removing all incentives to remain here. However, until that happens we have to deport them as we find them. Amnesty would be the worst choice we could make because it will only encourage more to come here in larger numbers than we are getting now and we would end up legalizing millions of low wage earners who will be welfare dependant. We need the jobs they are holding also.

Arizona still has a half million illegal aliens whether entry is down or not. That is unacceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top