U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-12-2010, 07:04 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times
Reputation: 2661

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Now for the real truth. This article from the Las Vegas Review Journal today.

ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION : Poll: Nevadans believe tougher laws would improve economy

Nevadans oppose newborn citizenship


A new poll shows a majority of Nevadans believe undocumented workers are taking jobs away from U.S. citizens.
The survey, commissioned by the Las Vegas Review-Journal and 8NewsNow, also shows that almost half of Nevadans believe the state's economy would be better without illegal workers.


ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION : Poll: Nevadans believe tougher laws would improve economy - News - ReviewJournal.com
Well yeah. Everything would be better if we did not have 10 million illegals.

Is that not self evident? But so what? If you polled Nevada citizens half would be willing to wish really, really hard so the illegals will go poof!

YOu think it will work?

 
Old 09-12-2010, 08:07 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Well yeah. Everything would be better if we did not have 10 million illegals.

Is that not self evident? But so what? If you polled Nevada citizens half would be willing to wish really, really hard so the illegals will go poof!

YOu think it will work?
I posted this because you claimed there was a poll in the Review Journal today that claimed that illegal immigration is way down on the Nevadan's list of problems to be addressed. I couldn't find that poll. I provided a link to what I found in the Review today now you provide a link to your so-called poll in there today.

Now you are admitting that we would be better off without illegals but throughout this forum you have been singing their praises? Tough when you have to eat crow, isn't it?
 
Old 09-12-2010, 08:33 PM
 
Location: Native Floridian, USA
4,896 posts, read 5,864,783 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Is that "Best Black Friend"? Did you mean "BFF"?
I was so taken by the post, I wasn't thinking....besides, I dont really know the texting abbreviations....actually, that is pretty funny. It could mean that and respectfully so but what a thing to do......
 
Old 09-12-2010, 09:23 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I posted this because you claimed there was a poll in the Review Journal today that claimed that illegal immigration is way down on the Nevadan's list of problems to be addressed. I couldn't find that poll. I provided a link to what I found in the Review today now you provide a link to your so-called poll in there today.

Now you are admitting that we would be better off without illegals but throughout this forum you have been singing their praises? Tough when you have to eat crow, isn't it?
Tough hunt Review Journal First article.

First page.

THE BIG STORY: Poll: Reid, Angle still neck and neck - News - ReviewJournal.com


Half way down on the left.

I should have known you would find it too hard.

And the other thing you folk never never do is listen.

Virtually the first thing I say is that I have no use for illegal immigration. It shouid never have happened. It is inexcusable.

But none of you ever hear that. It is amazing...you all obviously have tin ears tuned to a different drummer.

I would also point out the primary screw up on illegal immigration was made by Reagan - who really blew it and Bush who made sure no one else got a chance to fix it.

Proper response is never vote for a Repub...the party of the illegal immigrants.
 
Old 09-13-2010, 07:39 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Tough hunt Review Journal First article.

First page.

THE BIG STORY: Poll: Reid, Angle still neck and neck - News - ReviewJournal.com


Half way down on the left.

I should have known you would find it too hard.

And the other thing you folk never never do is listen.

Virtually the first thing I say is that I have no use for illegal immigration. It shouid never have happened. It is inexcusable.

But none of you ever hear that. It is amazing...you all obviously have tin ears tuned to a different drummer.

I would also point out the primary screw up on illegal immigration was made by Reagan - who really blew it and Bush who made sure no one else got a chance to fix it.

Proper response is never vote for a Repub...the party of the illegal immigrants.
No need to insinuate that I couldn't find it because I am too stupid to do so. It is a tiny little window on a page that is about Reid and Angle. It would be hard for anyone to find it unless they have the Review Journal right in front of them but then we are used to your snide remarks.

Note that immigration came in as number three on the poll. Of course the economy is going to be the overwhelming concern since we have millions of Americans out of work. That doesn't surprise me.

Yes, this illegal immigration mess started with Reagan. He granted amnesty to about 3 million illegal aliens. Just goes to show you how wrong amnesty is since now we have at least quadruple that number. Bush was also an advocate of amnesty. I don't think any of us has denied that but both parties are guilty of encouraging illegal immigration. Kennedy was a big advocate of amnesty. What has Obama done except to promise amnesty/CIR also?

If you have no use for illegal immigration then you certainly wouldn't advocate for another amnesty/CIR. You would stand up for the rule of law and be on the side of involuntary deportations at least. Our economy would rebound with their exit from this country in a short time. In the long run we would be much better off in so many ways and send a message to those who think they can violate our borders with impunity that we won't stand for it anymore.

Last edited by chicagonut; 09-13-2010 at 08:23 AM..
 
Old 09-13-2010, 09:14 AM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No need to insinuate that I couldn't find it because I am too stupid to do so. It is a tiny little window on a page that is about Reid and Angle. It would be hard for anyone to find it unless they have the Review Journal right in front of them but then we are used to your snide remarks.

Note that immigration came in as number three on the poll. Of course the economy is going to be the overwhelming concern since we have millions of Americans out of work. That doesn't surprise me.
You started the snide remark stuff with your clever little remark that it did not exist. Next time ask. The ratio is 72 to 5. That is called negligible. Sorry about that

Quote:
Yes, this illegal immigration mess started with Reagan. He granted amnesty to about 3 million illegal aliens. Just goes to show you how wrong amnesty is since now we have at least quadruple that number. Bush was also an advocate of amnesty. I don't think any of us has denied that but both parties are guilty of encouraging illegal immigration. Kennedy was a big advocate of amnesty. What has Obama done except to promise amnesty/CIR also?

If you have no use for illegal immigration then you certainly wouldn't advocate for another amnesty/CIR. You would stand up for the rule of law and be on the side of involuntary deportations at least. Our economy would rebound with their exit from this country in a short time. In the long run we would be much better off in so many ways and send a message to those who think they can violate our borders with impunity that we won't stand for it anymore.
YOu are uttely lacking in a contact with reality. Some form of amnesty would be good simply to start solving the problem. Your approach goes no where and leaves us with the status quo. That says we live with it as it is for at least the next years. And then if the right gains full control and acts we would spend ten years trying to expel them, scrtewing up the economy completely and likely fail. Why do you people feel these need to take a suicide path?
 
Old 09-13-2010, 09:36 AM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,385,436 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You started the snide remark stuff with your clever little remark that it did not exist. Next time ask. The ratio is 72 to 5. That is called negligible. Sorry about that



YOu are uttely lacking in a contact with reality. Some form of amnesty would be good simply to start solving the problem. Your approach goes no where and leaves us with the status quo. That says we live with it as it is for at least the next years. And then if the right gains full control and acts we would spend ten years trying to expel them, scrtewing up the economy completely and likely fail. Why do you people feel these need to take a suicide path?
Amnesty? For people who jumped the line and broke the law? Why? Look what happened the last time Reagan offered amnesty. Millions of low skilled Mexican migrants jumped the border in hopes that the United States would offer another one.

The economy would be much better off if we tightened the screws on illegal migrants and pushed them to go home where they belong. Most illegal migrants have no job skills, cannot command a decent wage and need to be propped up with social services in order to remain in America. There's no reason to continue to let them get away with it.

Our economy would be better off if they were not in it.
 
Old 09-13-2010, 10:34 AM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Reputation: 453
K, ORIGINAL Topic.

No, America is not stupid whoever in this mess of a thread deciphers it to be so. News sway due to monetary support, oh yes! America knows that too! This thread can be construed as a sway or informative, I see another avenue for arguing, something that banes well within this subject.

EVERYONE KNOWS THE TRUTH.

Vote for your conscience and then...America SPEAKS.
 
Old 09-13-2010, 11:44 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You started the snide remark stuff with your clever little remark that it did not exist. Next time ask. The ratio is 72 to 5. That is called negligible. Sorry about that



YOu are uttely lacking in a contact with reality. Some form of amnesty would be good simply to start solving the problem. Your approach goes no where and leaves us with the status quo. That says we live with it as it is for at least the next years. And then if the right gains full control and acts we would spend ten years trying to expel them, scrtewing up the economy completely and likely fail. Why do you people feel these need to take a suicide path?
I never made any snide remarks that it didn't exist. I just said that I couldn't find it. I asked you to post a link to the poll and I in turn posted a link that showed that Nevadans are of the belief that illegal immigration is bad for them. I would advise you the next time you post stats on polls in here that you provide a link to them rather than us having to ask for it an search for it on our own.

How are involuntary deportations akin to the status quo? How is removing all incentives to remain here and continuiing to come here, the status quo? The suicide path would be allowing them to remain here and not securing our borders from further illegal entry.

Screwing up our economy? Are you kidding me? They are helping to screw up our economy by being here.
 
Old 09-13-2010, 12:18 PM
 
Location: Martinsville, NJ
6,159 posts, read 10,893,123 times
Reputation: 3939
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
YOu are uttely lacking in a contact with reality. Some form of amnesty would be good simply to start solving the problem.
So wait. You point out that Reagan screwed up, created the problem we have today, by granting amnesty to 2 million illegals. And then you say that we should grant amnesty now to an additional - what is it, 16 million- illegals? Did we learn nothing?

What was Einstein said about doing the same thing over and expecting a different result?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top