U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2010, 05:49 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,182,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Paul Copeland, 56, a Vietnam veteran, was sentenced to prison time and two years probation in federal court last week for selling a gun to an undocumented alien, Hipolito Aviles, at the Texas Gun Show in Austin in January.

But Aviles wasn't the man who handed Copeland the money for the gun. That man was Leonel Huerta Sr., who presented as identification the valid Texas driver's license he had obtained before his visa expired in 2007.
FOXNews.com - Gun Dealer Gets Prison for Selling to Illegal Immigrant; Illegal 'Middle Man' Not Charged

How could a gun dealer check for immigrant status when he has no ability to? The wrongdoer presented a valid DL obtained before his visa expired. Now he's stuck serving jail time for something that was out of his reach.

Illegal aliens are gaming the system and sticking it to Americans! We must take action NOW!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 08:02 AM

16,886 posts, read 12,559,880 times
thats the batf for you, just another bunch of federal criminals that try to act like they are important.

they should all be thrown in jail for violation of the peoples Constitutional rights.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:15 AM

6,611 posts, read 10,965,652 times
I hope he's appealing - it sounds like this guy needs a better lawyer.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:49 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,146,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I hope he's appealing - it sounds like this guy needs a better lawyer.
If the gun dealer were an illegal alien he would stand a better chance of walking away. Shoot, he would be able to walk away! Special treatment for the illegal thugs!

Next time I get pulled over for speeding I'm going to say, "me no speak engish me no citizen".

Old 09-11-2010, 09:55 PM

61 posts, read 58,589 times
Interesting.... the straw purchaser issue aside, The "dealer" does not hold an FFL license. and with not holding a FFL he is not required to complete a form 4473 and under Austins Sanctuary City Policy he cannot ask the buyer about his immigration status and can only go by a legal form of identification. And in this case a valid Texas drivers license was shown.

I believe this poor "Dealer" is being used as an example by the BATF and local authorities to shut down gun shows and sales

Feds, Cops Attempt to Shut Down Legal Gun Sales in Austin, Texas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or