Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 09:10 PM

155 posts, read 174,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
[LEFT]While most Americans docilely accept 1.2 million legal immigrants into the USA annually, they don’t quite understand the long term ramifications facing their progeny as water, energy and resources exhaust themselves from sheer over-use and over-extension.
That same 1.2 million annual immigration pattern added 100 million in the past 40 years. Continuing that mass immigration guarantees an added 100 million people to the USA by 2035. For all U.S. citizens, it portends a crisis-filled future, i.e., water shortages, energy, accelerating pollution, species extinction, quality of life and many other issues.

Frosty Wooldridge -- United States 2009: Unrestricted Immigration[/LEFT]

Births by Race/Ethnicity - Kaiser State Health Facts
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/dvs/Mor...ableOrig10.pdf
Live Births and Birth Rates, by Year — Infoplease.com

we are receiving all that immigration, I have never mention that the government is against it.

answer me this
and trully do, dont just throw me a question with a question

in 2007 they were
4,316,233 births in the united states
2,310,333 births were to whites
627,191 births were to blacks
1,062,779 births were to hispanics

but in the same year 2007
they were
2,423,712 deaths
1,939,606 deaths were whites
286,366 deaths were to blacks
135,519 deaths were to hispanics

now lets do our math
surplus in population for the year 2007
was 1,892,521
of those numbers

190,727 were to whites
927,260 were to hispanics
340,825 were to blacks

with these numbers
you had to have IMMIGRATION IN ORDER TO HAVE THE BABIES
AMERICAN POPULATION WOULD HAD BEEN IN DECLINE A LONG TIME AGO
BECAUSE THE MAJORITY OF THE POPULATION is turning
into a pensioner, sickly individual and thanks to science
living longer than social security experts predicted in 1930
and the way the govermne is solving that equation
is by introducing
FRESH BLOOD...
we cant bring high skilled, they come and take their technology,
and offsets the balance of the worlds poor in retaining their most skill workforce to help them shape their country..

SO YES AMERICA HAS BEEN IMPORTING A LOT OF IMMIGRANTS
BECAUSE THE MAJORITY OF THE POPULATION IS DECAYING, DYING.
WE HAVE A JAPAN IN OUR HANDS....AND AMERICAN EXPERTS, IMPERIALIST, CAPITALIST WONT ACCEPT THAT.

they were
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 10:09 PM

344 posts, read 199,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
AnnieA, you have demonstrated what Americans truly were made of in the past. Sadly, so many have lost a sense of personal responsibility and pride. Unless we find a way to turn this around I do not hold much hope for this country.
Do you know the word nostalgia? It must be great glorifying a past that never existed.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:20 PM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Califreeman View Post
Do you know the word nostalgia? It must be great glorifying a past that never existed.
It is sad and quite telling if you have not known hard working people who take pride in their self reliance. For some reason those who do not hold themselves or others to such high standards feel the need to mock and ridicule those who do.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
It is sad and quite telling if you have not known hard working people who take pride in their self reliance. For some reason those who do not hold themselves or others to such high standards feel the need to mock and ridicule those who do.
That's really your statement? Really? First off, it's telling when you don't address the issue at hand. Rather, you worship an idealized version of America and deride those that point out flaws in the both the past and present. It's rather fascinating to read this forum because it shows that a lot of the appeals are based on an emotional longing for the past.

I find it odd that you're implying (I don't know why you used the word if. I think you meant to write 'that' instead of 'if'), that I don't praise those that don't work hard. The reason why I find it odd is because you deride those that may not have the economic means to immigrate here legally. Rather than push for a system that addresses the needs of both sides (for example deport felons while allow for more work visas) you effectively spit on the work of these poor immigrants. A little ironic, don't you think?

Old 09-14-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
That's really your statement? Really? First off, it's telling when you don't address the issue at hand. Rather, you worship an idealized version of America and deride those that point out flaws in the both the past and present. It's rather fascinating to read this forum because it shows that a lot of the appeals are based on an emotional longing for the past.

I find it odd that you're implying (I don't know why you used the word if. I think you meant to write 'that' instead of 'if'), that I don't praise those that don't work hard. The reason why I find it odd is because you deride those that may not have the economic means to immigrate here legally. Rather than push for a system that addresses the needs of both sides (for example deport felons while allow for more work visas) you effectively spit on the work of these poor immigrants. A little ironic, don't you think?
Why the drama? I effectively spit upon the work of illegals? Where did I say that? I commend a woman who worked hard to raise her family and that is derisive of illegal aliens? I suspect that even if there was an increase in work visas it would have little impact on those that are crossing our borders illegally. Anyone who is honest with themselves would see that.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:48 PM

155 posts, read 174,225 times
Social Security beneficiary data
http://www.socialsecurity.gov/policy...2/v67n2p73.pdf

from 1986
to 2009 there has been increased of 14,839,465 million extra social security beneficiares
and out of 48,434,436 million benificieres
in 2005 JUST 2,485,000 WERE HISPANICS...

1 IN 19 BENIFICIERES WERE HISPANICS THE MAJORITY ARE WHITES......
how come were younger,?
how come were not sucking sociel security dry?

because were the immigrants from the 1986 amnesty
the ones that adjusted their status
the ones born to them....

hispanics are the solution to american goverment problems for modern america,
if you deport illegals, and make this country anti hispanic because one way or another were connected to one of them....from the 1986 I have plenty of uncles that were border jumpers
but my dear reagan made them lawful citizens PAYING INTO THE SOCIAL SECURITY...

again if you deport the illegals who are you going to put to compete against the world? sending your father who is 55 back to school
to compete against young indians, brazilians, mexicans, peruvians, chinese, central americans, asians in general?

Old 09-14-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Why the drama? I effectively spit upon the work of illegals? Where did I say that? I commend a woman who worked hard to raise her family and that is derisive of illegal aliens? I suspect that even if there was an increase in work visas it would have little impact on those that are crossing our borders illegally. Anyone who is honest with themselves would see that.
Your stance is derisive, not the fact that you commend a women who worked hard. Regardless, the fact you fail to realize that opening up visas and reducing price (as well as other restrictions) will actually bolster legal immigration is rather odd.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Your stance is derisive, not the fact that you commend a women who worked hard. Regardless, the fact you fail to realize that opening up visas and reducing price (as well as other restrictions) will actually bolster legal immigration is rather odd.
Why the irrational push to lower our standards regarding immigration? If one cannot meet the financial requirements how can they possibly be a contributing member of society?

Old 09-14-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Why the irrational push to lower our standards regarding immigration? If one cannot meet the financial requirements how can they possibly be a contributing member of society?
You're kidding, right? The irrational stance to "lower standards"? Okay, let me go VERY slowly. The issue is more economic in nature than anything else. They want jobs and we want cheap labor. Therefore, we get a supply and demand curve. However, restrictions are forcing immigrants and employers to not stay within the formal market. This is driving illegal immigration. Therefore in order to decrease illegal immigration, you need to issue more visas at a reduced rate.

So we should just do away with the poor since they're not contributing members to society? That's your argument? Illegal immigrants are poor since they receive less in Mexico. They obviously make more here in the US. Their median income is $36,000. Though low, this isn't technically poor. Not to mention according to Harvard's Dr. Borjas, illegal immigrants increased the average American household wealth by 1% (since they reduced the price of retail goods and foodstuff in the US). Let's not also forget that the "lack" of contributions extended social security for a little while longer.

It's more irrational to advocate the status quo or to advocate deportation of ALL illegal immigrants. It's extremely irrational to willfully be ignorant of both sides of the issue and only argue based on your preconceived notions of illegal immigrants. What's not irrational is understanding the crux of the situation...which unfortunately, I don't think you understand.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:32 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inturbide1981 View Post
sorry to inform you annie
America's Math and Science Crisis: Losing the Global Edge | Your America | Reader's Digest

China will likely produce six times the number of engineers next year than we will graduate, according to Mike Gibbons of the American Society for Engineering Education. Japan, with half our population, has minted twice as many in recent years.

that battle has been lost to a long time ago and you know why?

defense expenditures, social security, outsourcing,

america needs smart and cheap labor, thats her only chance
Is this some type of history lesson? Or is that your still behind on the main issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration