U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-01-2007, 06:26 PM
 
398 posts, read 1,265,811 times
Reputation: 239

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo9 View Post
stop blame for all things done without a permit...
What you mean by that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-01-2007, 06:38 PM
 
Location: North Dade
159 posts, read 730,615 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
Well, I think that's the good type of Cubans. Almost 99% of Cubans I see here in Miami, "love" Cuba. If they left the country they love, I can understand it because they just can't do something different. But if the main problem, Castro or communism at all is gone, if they love Cuba, they should go back. I can't understand when people, for example from other south american countries, come here and live phisically here but menataly in the country they left behind.

Those examples from ex communist countries joining the EU and then migrating to other places, are true, but I trhink those are bad quality of immigrants and each nation should protect its borders (yeah we better don't talk about borders here) and I'm, affraid, if Cubans some day have all the way clear to build their own nation with sacrifice, maybe most of them will want to come here; and coming here just to make a better living, is not good for our country. I hope after Castro the wet foot dry foot law immediately stops and immigration from Cuba should be adjusted to the current immigration policies like any other country; that is fair for everybody.

Other problem Cuba faces today, seems to be race. Cubans, are one of the most racist people I've ever met from South America. I am sorry to say this but I say it from experience. They just don't like Black people and indians. And one of the problems they have commented me, is that in all these years, under Castro's tragedy, Black race and mix between White and Black has become the majority of the population. According to what they say, the society has been degraded, with no education, family values hve been extinguished, traditions have been erased from the culture. I don;t know; seems like even if you take out communism from Cuba, it will never be a paradaise or a country to live. UNLESS the people change their minds. But if they decide to leave, and chose the United States within hundreds of countries around the world, I hope they act with good faith, forget Cuba, and become part of the best nation in the world. The United States of America.
Cuba isn't in South America; it's in the Caribbean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2007, 07:24 PM
 
5 posts, read 11,813 times
Reputation: 10
Default People moving

The reason people move here is because Cuba has been destroyed by the dicatator. One other reason is that after Castro dies there will be a state of uncertainty. Who would want to live in a government that has colapse due to the US embargo? Is there going to be another dicatorship or a democracy? How long would that democracy last with out having a dictator like Castro again? To fix the problem in Cuba the people need to be armed like in the USA. This way, they will be able to fight against oppresive regimes in the future (after Castro).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2007, 08:56 AM
 
136 posts, read 421,801 times
Reputation: 70
First of all, your request for a "rational" explanation already smacks of cynicism. But, as an American of Cuban descent, I'll put that aside and try to answer your inquiry. I don't think anyone knows what will happen. The US is preparing for a mass exodus (as well it should), just in case. As far as I know, there is no guarantee that there will be a mass exodus of Cubans to the US. I imagine it would be more likely to happen if the country slips into chaos following Castro's (welcome) demise. As it looks now, it seems that a relatively smooth transition of power to Raul Castro (Fidel's brother) is currently underway. If people were to leave en masse, I imagine it would be motivated by desperation to leave what could be a worsening (if such a thing is possible) situation, economically, socially, politically, etc.

Rich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2007, 11:48 AM
 
113 posts, read 430,400 times
Reputation: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodr001 View Post
The reason people move here is because Cuba has been destroyed by the dicatator. One other reason is that after Castro dies there will be a state of uncertainty. Who would want to live in a government that has colapse due to the US embargo? Is there going to be another dicatorship or a democracy? How long would that democracy last with out having a dictator like Castro again? To fix the problem in Cuba the people need to be armed like in the USA. This way, they will be able to fight against oppresive regimes in the future (after Castro).
+1 good post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2007, 12:48 PM
 
58 posts, read 169,106 times
Reputation: 29
Default I am Cuban...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
The city of Miami is preparing for a massive Cuban exodus after Fidel Castro dies.

Now, this is what really doesn't make sense and doesn't have any rational explanation at least for me. That's why I'm asking this. Isn't that Fidel Castro has been the problem for millions of Cubans all these years? I mean, that is the only reason why Cubans come here; because life in Cuba is unsustainable, due to Castro's terror-communist dictatorship. Cubans, unable to develop their own nation as the would like, need to go out.

But once Castro dies, the problem is automatically gone. Common sense tells me that the day he dies, millions of Cubans should go back to Cuba and finally build their own nation like they always dreamed.

Instead, thousands are expected to come here?? what is the excuse to enter here now? why they choose The USA and not Puerto Rico, or Dominican Republic? or Venezuela? What is the reason to get out of Cuba after Castro dies if they can take control of their own nation and welcome The USA invests to build the country?

Thanks for helping me with this issue. Unless true and true equals false and I didn't know about it, this doesn't make sense to me.
You're right it does not make sense and I challange the assumption that a massive exodus will occur.
Were did you get your data?
Sounds suspicious.
I, and many that I have spoken with, plan to go to Cuba after Fidels' dimise. No, not the next day or even in a year. Test the waters, see what they come up with. A Socialist nation? Ok, that's fine with me so long as I can get Title Insurance from a non-Cuban major company.
This has all happened before. Take a look at East/West Germany.
Many problems, lot's of uncertainty.
But I challange the basic premise. Neither I nor anyone else can predict what will actully happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2007, 12:59 PM
 
2,930 posts, read 6,030,754 times
Reputation: 1375
Cuba in South America too funny....
We need an atlas (it's a map in case you don't know)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2007, 08:14 PM
 
398 posts, read 1,265,811 times
Reputation: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaBreeze View Post
You're right it does not make sense and I challange the assumption that a massive exodus will occur.
Were did you get your data?
Sounds suspicious.
I, and many that I have spoken with, plan to go to Cuba after Fidels' dimise. No, not the next day or even in a year. Test the waters, see what they come up with. A Socialist nation? Ok, that's fine with me so long as I can get Title Insurance from a non-Cuban major company.
This has all happened before. Take a look at East/West Germany.
Many problems, lot's of uncertainty.
But I challange the basic premise. Neither I nor anyone else can predict what will actully happen.
Thank you. I was waiting for a civilized and smart answer. Well, yeah, nobody knows what will happen. I've even heard that Raul will not be able to hold the power like Fidel did; I don't know how good people know him to say that.

I can understand also, so many Cubans came here and kept their culture and traditions because they had the dream to go back some day. Long decades have past and those first Peter Pan are old now. I completely understand the situation of Cubans in the USA. My questioning is with what will happen after. I mean, what could be worse than Castro?? lol so starting from that base, there shouldn't be a reason to have a massive exodus; instead, I am positive that Cubans will have the opportunity to start something new over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2007, 05:53 AM
 
17 posts, read 55,240 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
The city of Miami is preparing for a massive Cuban exodus after Fidel Castro dies.

Now, this is what really doesn't make sense and doesn't have any rational explanation at least for me. That's why I'm asking this. Isn't that Fidel Castro has been the problem for millions of Cubans all these years? I mean, that is the only reason why Cubans come here; because life in Cuba is unsustainable, due to Castro's terror-communist dictatorship. Cubans, unable to develop their own nation as the would like, need to go out.

But once Castro dies, the problem is automatically gone. Common sense tells me that the day he dies, millions of Cubans should go back to Cuba and finally build their own nation like they always dreamed.

Instead, thousands are expected to come here?? what is the excuse to enter here now? why they choose The USA and not Puerto Rico, or Dominican Republic? or Venezuela? What is the reason to get out of Cuba after Castro dies if they can take control of their own nation and welcome The USA invests to build the country?

Thanks for helping me with this issue. Unless true and true equals false and I didn't know about it, this doesn't make sense to me.
leaving back to cuba ??? LOL . I'm Cuban and I can tell you this, They were all rich in Cuba too HUH... LMFAO... Look @ the corruption in Miami... They abuse there own people.... Just look @ the wages there... Miami is a 3rd world country.
They can't run the city of Miami what makes you think they can run a country... Instant Replay....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2007, 12:19 AM
 
Location: Orlando Florida
1,352 posts, read 5,683,448 times
Reputation: 409
I am a white boy and grew up in Miami ....I agree with the person who said this post started out as being racist in its true intentions.....i loved the diversity when i lived in Miami....the only time i really had a personal problem with someone from another race in Miami was when i first moved there in 5th grade and some kids in my class called me gringo in a disrespectfull way but i realized they were just doing it to make each other laugh......but really in Miami i saw less racism than alot of places ive been and Cuban people were really respectfull ...there is the occasional a-hole but it isnt because of thier nationality...its just who they are as a person.....but anyways there were so many cultures down there that it wouldnt be wise to make a statement about someones race because you would have 30 of that race in your face.....mostly from my experience people got along pretty good down there.....there was just alot of crime though for different reasons....not really alot of hate crime.....but Cuban people seem like one of the most appreciative cultures of living here in the U.S. most i knew that were young Cubans know fluent english.....and they do speak spanish in public but who cares.....they can also speak to you if you say something to them......as for the ones that didnt know english....most of them were just older people and at older ages it is alot harder to learn another language....they are good people...and this is a white boy speaking ...i lived in Miami but now in Orlando
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top