U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 06:59 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,983,395 times

Advertisements

DREAM Act To Get Vote On Senate Floor: Reid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 07:03 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,232,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Wouldn't you know it, Opyelie? You went through all the expense and red tape to emigrate here, and this is how they reward you. Maybe I should tell my gf to just move here and serve in the military and she'll get US citizenship. Or is that only for non-Caucasian people? I forget

Old 09-14-2010, 07:06 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,850,945 times
They tried this before. The last time they attached it to the “Stockpile” provision of the Defense Bill. They eventually removed the DREAM Act, and the bill was passed without it. There is absolutely no rationale behind including the DREAM Act in a defense bill, and they know it.

I have seen countless DREAMies protesting wearing caps and gowns, but I have yet to see even one in faux military garb, or carrying signs begging to join the Marines.

This is simply a ploy to placate pro-illegals. They know it won’t work.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:26 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,182,536 times
That just makes them mercenaries then. They are going to join the military out of love and allegience to this country? They want their college funded and a path to citizenship that is their motivation.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:17 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,187,630 times
What happened the last time we let some of them join our military?

Oh right, they deserted and formed cartels after training.

Kill this outrageous bill!

Old 09-16-2010, 08:25 PM

660 posts, read 1,192,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
What happened the last time we let some of them join our military?

Oh right, they deserted and formed cartels after training.

Kill this outrageous bill!
Good point. This is getting way out of hand. It's as if the Democrats are trying to come up with the most outrageous ways to make all the Illegals "Legal" and anger the Republicans at the same time. And as mentioned earlier, if the Republicans fight it, then their called "Racists". Insane!!

Old 09-16-2010, 10:53 PM

474 posts, read 527,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Immigration Measure May Get Senate Vote - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

"Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said today he is planning to attach an immigration reform measure that would help undocumented students to the Defense authorization bill slated to hit the Senate floor next week, CBS News Capitol Hill producer John Nolen reports.

The Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act would provide a pathway to citizenship for undocumented young people who came to the United States as minors and attended college or joined the military. Reid said a vote on the bill is long overdue"

Amnesty coming to an illegal alien near you? And he attached it to the Defense bill, what a schm**k
I couldn't agree more...Massachusetts just completed primary day...and elected conservatives like Jeff Perry from Cape Cod...to oppose the Democratic liberal in the fall...Jeff is making it known he is going to Washington to oust Nancy Pelosi...to vote against illegal immigration..so find a similar candidate in your state or district and work your backbone to a frazzle...and see that a "Jeff Perry" in your area wins...call your Congress man or woman and tell them retribution awaits them on November 2nd if they dare to vote for the Dream 'Act or the Defense bill with amnesty language. Let us hold hands across this country and let Harry Reid...and his cohorts know they will pay dearly on November 2nd if they try to smuggle amnesty in the defense bill...Make your calls now.....as for the Dream Act, my great nephew told me how one of his college classmates called him a privileged "white boy" wow....did that send my nephew into orbit...what? "I will be graduating with loans..my two parents are out working their fingers to the bone because we did not qualify for financial help" I work when I go home...by the way...he said to the critic...how did you get here and who is paying for your college tuition? The critic hung his head low and did not respond. My nephew is now organizing young voters at the college and they will be using their ballots to be heard around the world on Nov.2nd...Do the same.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or