U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-19-2010, 09:28 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highnlite View Post
Got buses for 12 million? or should we use cattle cars?
It's far more than 12 million but ask yourself - how did they all get in?

Not only did they come on buses and in cattle cars, many hiked through searing hot deserts, rode on in locked inside unventilated box cars. Not only that, they paid cartel criminals thousands of dollars for the ride or walk across the border.

Considering that these people are perfectly willing to pay a cartel member $5000 to $10000 for the one-way trip to the USA, we could charge them a fair price for the ride back home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-19-2010, 10:50 AM
 
1,345 posts, read 2,213,174 times
Reputation: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by serrendipity View Post
Actually I wonder just why it should be on the taxpayers dime. It seems weve already done are cost share. How about having the employers of the illegals pay their return ticket along with a settlement of a few thousand to make all the rights activists happy.

Win, Win situation, really. Isn't it time they footed part of the bill taxpayers pay. But, I do like Cyannas idea to. Every moment there here it's more babies and more bills.

Oh and I like the fast rail idea. I've invested in rail perhaps if it turned some profit it would offset my taxes for supporting the illegals. I doubt it, but just a thought. I'm deffinitly a fed up tax payer.
That's it, when employee's get real fines for illegaly hiring illegals it'll slow thangs down. Treat an employer with a crime, say 3 months in jail for first offense w/3,000$ fine and with big co.'s make someone resposible for the hiring(at least check paperwork) knowing they could face these fines/penalties and thang would gradualy change. Also make government workers that ok a person's application for welfare, section 8 housing, foodstamps be held resposible and face the same fines/penalties, JMHO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2010, 11:33 AM
 
344 posts, read 152,933 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
That's it, when employee's get real fines for illegaly hiring illegals it'll slow thangs down. Treat an employer with a crime, say 3 months in jail for first offense w/3,000$ fine and with big co.'s make someone resposible for the hiring(at least check paperwork) knowing they could face these fines/penalties and thang would gradualy change. Also make government workers that ok a person's application for welfare, section 8 housing, foodstamps be held resposible and face the same fines/penalties, JMHO
I agree with punitive fines for employers. Jail time is too ridiculous (it serves to cost more money to the tax payer than what's it worth). And really? Charging the government to pay fines? At what point do you charge fines to the consumer that is buying products that support the companies then? At some point there is the end of culpability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2010, 12:11 PM
 
1,345 posts, read 2,213,174 times
Reputation: 995
Naw, I'm not wanting to fine the company's, but more make the individual employeer responsible for the fine and the jail time. That goes double for the government workers, then maybe someone would start following the laws. Yea we are gona pay more for fruit and getting our lawns cut, maid service, and construction workers. Dang we would have to start hiring Americans legal tax paying
citizens at a fair wage to do these jobs, instead of 10 illegals packed up in a apt. and sending most of there money back to mexico. Someone is resposible at a work place for hiring illegals, same goes for government assistance. Make someone sign to hire a person or give government assistance and let said person know they are resposible to make sure said person is a legal citizen or has proper paper work. ARE you folks crazy, you thank you as a American can just go to another country and work illegaly other governments don't put up with it why should we.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2010, 04:10 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's far more than 12 million but ask yourself - how did they all get in?

Not only did they come on buses and in cattle cars, many hiked through searing hot deserts, rode on in locked inside unventilated box cars. Not only that, they paid cartel criminals thousands of dollars for the ride or walk across the border.

Considering that these people are perfectly willing to pay a cartel member $5000 to $10000 for the one-way trip to the USA, we could charge them a fair price for the ride back home.
Roll Back!........... Only half price on what it cost to get here.( 1k min,)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2010, 05:54 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Roll Back!........... Only half price on what it cost to get here.( 1k min,)
We can call it the Wal-Mart express.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2010, 06:26 PM
 
166 posts, read 212,151 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
We can call it the Wal-Mart express.

Great Idea. We know they can find Walmart! They can bring their money and catch the bus at the same time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2010, 09:01 AM
 
1 posts, read 518 times
Reputation: 10
We the students of a school (that you will never know of) say we disagree because for our project we need graphs of illegal immigrants into the freaking USA!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2010, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Students View Post
We the students of a school (that you will never know of) say we disagree because for our project we need graphs of illegal immigrants into the freaking USA!!!!
Would you care to elaborate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2010, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
The government can "force" us to purchase city stickers, license plate fees, and so on. Why can't we force the illegals to pay for their bus ride home? Oh right, because only the citizens should have to spend.
I agree, they paid coyote's in order to get here illegally. Why not charge them to "get out" legally
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top