U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2010, 11:44 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times

Advertisements

1. If we granted amnesty to those here illegally, what would you do to curb future illegal immigration or wouldn't you and why?

2. How far do we go quenching the thirst of the employers desires for cheap illegal labor in the future even it means they won't be paying them a fair wage with benefits and thereby making it impossible for an American to take such jobs to make an above poverty living?

3. There are millions more people all over the planet that would like to migrate to the U.S. A. Do we restrict the numbers to those we have jobs and resources for and consider our population growth or B. Do we just let them all in not knowing what our true needs for immigrants are and with no thought as to how it will affect our job availability, population growth and resources?

4. Shall we allow in all the low-skilled, uneducated immigrants from all over the world in equal numbers or should we favor Mexicans and other Latinos? If you favor the latter, why?

5. If this is all about a so-called healthy economy and saving American's dollars on their purchases, how are they going to purchase anything if they don't have a job? If they replaced the illegals on those jobs for a fair wage, wouldn't they in turn be purchasing goods and paying taxes also?

6. Our youth, able-bodied seniors and less educated Americans used to do the jobs that these illegals are doing sans crop picking for seniors. Do you favor cheap illegal labor instead just to satisfy corporate greed and their snubbing of our labor and immigration laws?

7. And finally would you like to see A. our LEGAL immigration quotas increased and if so based on what and how many? B. amnesty the illegals already here and continue to turn a blind eye to the millions more that will also come after that regardless of how many that would mean? C. a combination of both A and B.

I am sure I could come up with many more questions for the pro-illegals to answer in here but this will do for now. Let's see what kind of answers they come up with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 12:25 PM

6,468 posts, read 7,559,528 times
Don't hold your breath. Most of them just come to this forum to lay down some insult and then scatter, never returning to comment again. Or, they just don't comment, due to various reasons that are obvious.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:34 PM

Bump. Tic, toc, tic, toc.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:27 AM

749 posts, read 1,545,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Bump. Tic, toc, tic, toc.
If you weren't so smug, you MIGHT get an honest reply.

Trust me, people have better things to do than to respond point by point to your incredibly self-serving post.

Rather then sitting around on C-D COMPLAINING about the state of the nation, maybe we are doing something positive. Like creating a business to create jobs for citizens (or LEGAL immigrants). Or maybe we are out helping a disadvantaged kid learn to read.

Try being a positive force for once in your life....you might find it will put a smile on your face.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:45 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,494,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post

Trust me, people have better things to do than to respond point by point to your incredibly self-serving post.

Rather then sitting around on C-D COMPLAINING about the state of the nation, maybe we are doing something positive. Like creating a business to create jobs for citizens (or LEGAL immigrants). Or maybe we are out helping a disadvantaged kid learn to read.

Try being a positive force for once in your life....you might find it will put a smile on your face.
Think how many business's this poster could have started, or kids they could have taught to read, if only they hadnt taken the time to post this.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:00 AM

344 posts, read 153,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
Think how many business's this poster could have started, or kids they could have taught to read, if only they hadnt taken the time to post this.
Bluspark has a legit point. The questions are biased and assume too many things. It's blatantly clear that anyone that doesn't agree with her exact definition of what is needed isn't correct according to her. So why bother? I can say I don't believe in complete deportation and agree with some aspects, but she will (as many others have) mostly likely retort with some emotional appeal that implies not being American enough. If the questions weren't so blatant, maybe she would get a response. For example:
"B. Do we just let them all in not knowing what our true needs for immigrants are and with no thought as to how it will affect our job availability, population growth and resources?" Why would that even be an option given the fact that there are already organizations in place to do those exact functions. Why would all of the sudden these organizations (census, chamber of commerce, various think tanks, ICE...just to name a few). Or

"6. Our youth, able-bodied seniors and less educated Americans used to do the jobs that these illegals are doing sans crop picking for seniors. Do you favor cheap illegal labor instead just to satisfy corporate greed and their snubbing of our labor and immigration laws?"

The question doesn't take into consideration the changes in the labor market. Also it neglects the fact that at the peak of illegal immigration we had VERY low unemployment. It's obviously biased and self serving. It also neglects the fact that most illegal immigrants aren't employed by large corporations.

If you want an honest opinion...just ask. Don't chime in. Chime in on other threads, but not one where you want an honest opinion. Unless you don't one.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:01 AM

749 posts, read 1,545,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
Just look at this OP's posting history and you'll see the answer is QUITE a LOT!!

Old 09-17-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post

Smug? Is that all you have are personal attacks? It is being smug by expecting our immigration laws to be respected and enforced? Do tell!

My post was self-serving? Illegal immigration isn't just a personal issue for me it is about the well-being of our entire country. So Americans getting involved to fix the problems of this nation is "complaining"? Of course the pro-illegals aren't complaining about anything, right? Hypocricy anyone?
So a regular American like myself should not complain about illegal immigration and the solution is for each of us is to start a business instead or helping a disadvantaged youth to read? How in the world does this stop illegal immigration?

Old 09-17-2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Califreeman View Post
Bluspark has a legit point. The questions are biased and assume too many things. It's blatantly clear that anyone that doesn't agree with her exact definition of what is needed isn't correct according to her. So why bother? I can say I don't believe in complete deportation and agree with some aspects, but she will (as many others have) mostly likely retort with some emotional appeal that implies not being American enough. If the questions weren't so blatant, maybe she would get a response. For example:
"B. Do we just let them all in not knowing what our true needs for immigrants are and with no thought as to how it will affect our job availability, population growth and resources?" Why would that even be an option given the fact that there are already organizations in place to do those exact functions. Why would all of the sudden these organizations (census, chamber of commerce, various think tanks, ICE...just to name a few). Or

"6. Our youth, able-bodied seniors and less educated Americans used to do the jobs that these illegals are doing sans crop picking for seniors. Do you favor cheap illegal labor instead just to satisfy corporate greed and their snubbing of our labor and immigration laws?"

The question doesn't take into consideration the changes in the labor market. Also it neglects the fact that at the peak of illegal immigration we had VERY low unemployment. It's obviously biased and self serving. It also neglects the fact that most illegal immigrants aren't employed by large corporations.

If you want an honest opinion...just ask. Don't chime in. Chime in on other threads, but not one where you want an honest opinion. Unless you don't one.
Just as I thought. You wouldn't and couldn't answer my questions with simple yes or no.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:39 AM

344 posts, read 153,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Just as I thought. You wouldn't and couldn't answer my questions with simple yes or no.
They weren't yes no questions. It's more complicated than that. Why does the complexity allude you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or