U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 10:01 PM

105 posts, read 291,015 times

Advertisements

And I quote from Teddy Roosevelt (1907)
" In the first place we should insist if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace,or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American... Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isnt an American at all.
We have room for but one language here,and that is the English Language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

He saw it and he was a good leader, why cant we follow his example.If you want o be American, fine go through the legal channels, become an American and prove your loyalty to the American people, the flag of our country and to our language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 10:44 PM

1,833 posts, read 5,751,677 times
Could it be that TR didn't have political correctness running ramped like a rabid dog?

Old 07-01-2007, 12:55 AM

2,432 posts, read 6,003,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan k View Post
" In the first place we should insist if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace,or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American... Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isnt an American at all.
We have room for but one language here,and that is the English Language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

He saw it and he was a good leader, why cant we follow his example.If you want o be American, fine go through the legal channels, become an American and prove your loyalty to the American people, the flag of our country and to our language.
Unfortunately, Bush isn't half the man Teddy was.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:39 AM

4,742 posts, read 7,533,583 times
I guess Teddy would have been called a "racist, bigot" or some such nonsense today. He had something our current President and most of Congress does not - balls, and the determination to defend Americans and the American way of life, and to hell with the influence of special interest groups and big business money.

By the way, my Montana DEMOCARTIC Senator, Jon Tester, voted AGAINST the shameful immigration bill. He says American jobs are for American citizens, our borders must be secured, and our existing illegal immigration laws need to ge enforced. Not all Democratics are liberal idiots.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:49 AM

105 posts, read 291,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
I guess Teddy would have been called a "racist, bigot" or some such nonsense today. He had something our current President and most of Congress does not - balls, and the determination to defend Americans and the American way of life, and to hell with the influence of special interest groups and big business money.

By the way, my Montana DEMOCARTIC Senator, Jon Tester, voted AGAINST the shameful immigration bill. He says American jobs are for American citizens, our borders must be secured, and our existing illegal immigration laws need to ge enforced. Not all Democratics are liberal idiots.
Exactly th e reason i am moving either to montana or wyoming in 2008,because people in the north are the only ones that still have the balls and do care about this country of ours.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:40 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,345,692 times
Quote:
Exactly th e reason i am moving either to montana or wyoming in 2008,because people in the north are the only ones that still have the balls and do care about this country of ours.
Try Oklahoma! When it comes to illegal aliens they have big cajones!

Old 07-01-2007, 12:16 PM

2,058 posts, read 4,309,858 times
Quote:

Here you had another President of that era extending such great "equalities" to new immigrants, while at the same time being fully aware that the Black Population of America were being denied those same equalities.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:28 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Here you had another President of that era extending such great "equalities" to new immigrants, while at the same time being fully aware that the Black Population of America were being denied those same equalities.
And now you have the "squat and drop" anchor babies of people in this country illegally, using the Fourteenth Amendment to acquire their American citizenship on the backs of Black Americans.

This constitutional amendment was not intended to write a blank check to the anchor babies of those who sneak across our borders illegally, but was in reparation for the evils of slavery. One of the Fourteenth Amendment's key authors, Michigan Senator Jacob Howard explained in 1866 that the citizenship clause, intended to ensure the rights of former slaves and their children, "would not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are the children of foreigners, aliens, or who belong to families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States..."

Where is your outrage over this farcical misappropriation of the birthrights of Black Americans?

Old 07-01-2007, 04:25 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,373,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Could it be that TR didn't have political correctness running ramped like a rabid dog?
Political Correctness was invented by some hardcore left wing liberal extremists way back in the day, as a way to limit free speech and minimize wrongs.

Here is PC under Wiki: The term "political correctness" is said to derive from Marxist-Leninist vocabulary to describe the "party line". By the 1970s this term, re-appropriated as a satirical form of criticism, was being used by some on the Left to dismiss the views of other Leftists whom they deemed too doctrinaire and rigid. It was in this sense that the popular usage of the phrase in English derived, and was employed by such narrators as Bobby London in his underground comic Merton of the Movement. The alternative term "ideologically sound" followed a similar trajectory to this point, appearing in satirical works such as Bart Dickon comic strips.

In the 1990s, the term became part of a conservative challenge to curriculum and teaching methods on college campuses in the United States (D'Souza 1991; Berman 1992; Schultz 1993; Messer Davidow 1993, 1994; Scatamburlo 1998). In a commencement address at the University of Michigan in 1991, U.S. President George H. W. Bush spoke out against a "movement" who would "declare certain topics off-limits, certain expressions off-limits, even certain gestures off-limits."

In sum: PC is the reason why you hear terms like "undocumented worker" (when the REAL word is ILLEGAL ALIEN) or "substance dependent" (when the REAL word is CRACKHEAD). It is a way to justify bad behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Unfortunately, Bush isn't half the man Teddy was.
No he is not. And Busho doesn't have the balls to get on a horse and charge teh Spanish Armada either, as Teddy Rosevelt did back in the late 1800s in teh Spanish-American War.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post

Yes, the Montana DEMOCRATS were incredible in thsi fight. Well, I guess if they voted for the amnesty, they would have ticked off an entire electorate whom they told they would be anti-illegal alien hardliners (that is why Tester defeated Burns in Montan in 2006). If Tester (D-MT) had been pro-amnesty, he would have lost 10-1 against Burns (R-MT). The race was VERY close in 2006, because Burns took a hardliner approach later on in the game, but too late to beat Tester.

Quote:
Exactly the reason i am moving either to montana or wyoming in 2008,because people in the north are the only ones that still have the balls and do care about this country of ours.
WY just replaced a Senator who died and the guy who took over Brasso (R-WY) is a hard liner on illegals. That is going to be a great Senator and I hope people vote for him in 2009, when his temp-replacement term will be up. BTW, Brasso so good, he was appointed by a DEMOCRAT Governor! That goes to show how conservative Montana is. These Democrats are called "Blue Dog Democrats". They are the best of both worlds... they have conservative values (specially they support pro-gun laws and anti-illegal laws) but they also make sure insurance companies and bad foreign trade laws stay in check). These Democrats like Tester are NOTHING like the nutcases like Ted Kennedy or Nancy Pelosi or Harry (yuck) Reid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Try Oklahoma! When it comes to illegal aliens they have big cajones!
Yeah!! OK rules, man! They have gotten several thousands illegals to leave the state after they passed a new anti-illegal alien law. North FL has a Sheriff who is busting up illegals left and right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Yeah... well Presidente Jorge Busho thinks Hispanics would vote GOP, but when in fact they will NOT vote GOP, as these guys like welfare and government handouts and because of that, Hispanics still favor the Democrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
And now you have the "squat and drop" anchor babies of people in this country illegally, using the Fourteenth Amendment to acquire their American citizenship on the backs of Black Americans.

This constitutional amendment was not intended to write a blank check to the anchor babies of those who sneak across our borders illegally, but was in reparation for the evils of slavery. One of the Fourteenth Amendment's key authors, Michigan Senator Jacob Howard explained in 1866 that the citizenship clause, intended to ensure the rights of former slaves and their children, "would not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are the children of foreigners, aliens, or who belong to families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States..."

Where is your outrage over this farcical misappropriation of the birthrights of Black Americans?

Where did you see that quote from Sen. Jacob Howard?? I want to include it in my next letter to my moronic Senators.

I honestly think we need a Constitutional ammendment to state only children born to AT LEAST 1 US Citizen parent or 1 Legal Permanent Reisdent parent would have birthright citizenship. The Ammendment should clearly state that anyone who jumped the border or is where illegally on any way or is on a non-immigrant visa (Temp work visas or business visas) shoudl NOT get citizenship.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:39 PM

1,833 posts, read 5,751,677 times
You're preaching to the choir my friend ... I have never been PC and in the "working for some one else" days I was written up, called down and suspended more times then I care to count because I didn't give a rats butt about PC and refused to tip-toe around the clowns with their heart on their sleeve.

The only think PC has done is to put more words into the world, what use to be said in 2 minute now takes 30. It's nothing but noise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration