U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 10:00 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,031,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2ten View Post
I agree but I think we should re-instate chain gangs in all states. If we're going to have to shell out the bucks we should be able to recoup some of those expenses.
They want to garden? Fine, pull weeds and mow the roadsides...pick up the litter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
My thought is send them down south on chain gangs to clean up the mountains of TRASH and filth with which the incoming illegals have littered the border areas
Opyelie, there is NO need to worry. There are enough illegals in our prison system to handle both jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 02:22 AM

344 posts, read 153,361 times
L.S. you'd love to write that. Don't lie. I believe in first amendment rights. No matter how racist they may be. With that said, part of that would be due to the tenuous nature of diplomatic relations between both nations. If relations improved, then we would see better coordination. In an ideal world, both nations would be working together. I guess some people would rather have an antagonist relationship. Is that right CN or M2T or L?

Old 09-20-2010, 07:21 AM
Yac

5,877 posts, read 6,306,735 times
Something I feel I have to mention, there are quite a few new members around and it seems this needs to be repeated.
I will not tolerate advocation of violence here, regardless who it's aimed at.
Yac.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:49 AM

144 posts, read 370,147 times
Default Illegals are not all criminals or from one ethnic group.

Regardless, of what anyone feels should be done to illegals who turn out to be criminals, not my issue here, I think it's really insensitive to voice such strong opinions in a thread that started specific to one ethnicity/race group when there are many ethnicities/races with illegals who become criminals.

It's a thin line between love and hate and it's really hard to tell here where the love begins/ends for Latin people. Is it possible to just be angry towards illegals who are criminals WITHOUT being insensitive to Latins/Hispanics who are not illegals nor criminals?

I say this because I read a lot of racial terminologies (garden, south (of the) border, cheap labor, hispanization, Mexican, Angola, etc.) so the ethnicity/race didn't quite stay with the story but just turned into an all out "these people" bash.

And, to mom2ten, I am no idiot nor am I calling you or anyone else a racist. I know no one's being racist here, I just think it's insensitive how some people are taking it further into the races of the subjects beyond the actual incident as they speak out about their beliefs about what should happen to illegals who become violent criminals.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:58 AM

6,611 posts, read 10,970,981 times
Nikki, Mexican criminal illegals bear the BRUNT of the outraged criticism here simply because they ARE the majority of that type in this country.

We're well aware there are criminal illegals of ALL colours/nationalities etc and those stories ARE also posted when they surface in the media.

It's also MAINLY those of hispanic/latino (whatever they want to self identify as) origins who are most VOCAL in their incessant DEMANDS the USA provide them with their perceived "rights" to jobs, welfare benefits, citizenship, you name it. THEY are the ones yelling this is THEIR land.

I didn't see a whole bunch of Russians, Croats, Chinese etc marching in the streets in '06 waving their national flags, did you?

Old 10-12-2010, 12:01 PM

13,072 posts, read 21,213,904 times
Is it possible that Meg Whitman's illegal alien former housekeeper made it onto CD Forum?

Old 10-12-2010, 02:05 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki75 View Post
Regardless, of what anyone feels should be done to illegals who turn out to be criminals, not my issue here, I think it's really insensitive to voice such strong opinions in a thread that started specific to one ethnicity/race group when there are many ethnicities/races with illegals who become criminals.

It's a thin line between love and hate and it's really hard to tell here where the love begins/ends for Latin people. Is it possible to just be angry towards illegals who are criminals WITHOUT being insensitive to Latins/Hispanics who are not illegals nor criminals?

I say this because I read a lot of racial terminologies (garden, south (of the) border, cheap labor, hispanization, Mexican, Angola, etc.) so the ethnicity/race didn't quite stay with the story but just turned into an all out "these people" bash.

And, to mom2ten, I am no idiot nor am I calling you or anyone else a racist. I know no one's being racist here, I just think it's insensitive how some people are taking it further into the races of the subjects beyond the actual incident as they speak out about their beliefs about what should happen to illegals who become violent criminals.
As long as Hispanics/Latinos are here legally and are not an advocate for illegal aliens we don't have a problem with them. It is only those that don't fit the above catagories that are objected to. The fact that so many illegals here are Mexicans the demographic changes are being brought about by them and them alone. It isn't racist to point that out.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:30 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,829,832 times
You would think "hispanics" or "latinos" would want some kind of control over immigration because as hispanic countries (and others of course) try to rid themselves of their social problems by encouraging their social problems to get illegally into the USA, the ratio of hispanic criminals goes up. It's also often the hispanic communities getting more crime as the criminals pour over the border.

Also a massive exodus out of their own country isn't doing anything to resolve the problems they had and those problems are now getting much worse. It's creating a vacuum - and also many illegals abandon young children, wives and girlfriends in the process. Many children are growing up without parents, they're being raised by street gangs and the effects are now becoming very apparent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or