U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-23-2010, 08:22 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 6,394,663 times
Reputation: 2121

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
According to you,
This is simple scapegoating, especially in Arizona, where JT Ready, Frau Brewer, Russ Pearce and Joe Arpaio want to blame hispanics for the mess they have made. I am not hispanic or latino I'd feel the same if they were scapegoating Jews
NO, they are blaming illegal aliens for many of the problems they have down there. Legal hispanics aren't the problem accept for those who put their illegal ethnic kind above the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-23-2010, 11:46 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
749 posts, read 1,003,969 times
Reputation: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
If you remove Hispanic Americans and others of Hispanic Ancestry out of the equation, what percentage of support for Illegal Aliens would you find from non Hispanics???

Does anyone know of a study on this? It seems that the most vocal and biased support comes from Politicians and groups with Hispanic ancestry.

Maldef,NCLR,Pew HISPANIC Ctr,Hispanic American Caucus and other Ethnocentric entities. Ironically they claim to have solid representation when in reality a large percentage of Americans of Hispanic ancestry also oppose Illegal Immigration.

In reality when you remove Hispanic support for Illegals the rest of America is strongly opposed to Illegal Aliens coming here.

In July 2010, the CNN/Opinion Research conducted a national survey about support for allowing ILLEGAL immigrants to get on a path to citizenship provided they have a job and pay back taxes.

The results were as follows:
81% overall were in FAVOR of creating a path to citizenship

The breakdown by race/ethnicity for those in FAVOR:
-Blacks 81%
-Whites 78%
-Hispanics 94%

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/im...7/rel10f1a.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 12:32 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,181 posts, read 10,302,315 times
Reputation: 2984
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post
In July 2010, the CNN/Opinion Research conducted a national survey about support for allowing ILLEGAL immigrants to get on a path to citizenship provided they have a job and pay back taxes.

The results were as follows:
81% overall were in FAVOR of creating a path to citizenship

The breakdown by race/ethnicity for those in FAVOR:
-Blacks 81%
-Whites 78%
-Hispanics 94%

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/im...7/rel10f1a.pdf
Iím having a problem with my pdf. Would you mind posting more details, such as the number of respondents, and the actual wording of the questions? Itís strange the majority would favor amnesty, and also support SB 1070 and the enforcement of our laws. In addition, if the majority of voters support amnesty, I would have expected all politicians to support the Dream Act and CIR. They should both be a done deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
749 posts, read 1,003,969 times
Reputation: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Iím having a problem with my pdf. Would you mind posting more details, such as the number of respondents, and the actual wording of the questions? Itís strange the majority would favor amnesty, and also support SB 1070 and the enforcement of our laws. In addition, if the majority of voters support amnesty, I would have expected all politicians to support the Dream Act and CIR. They should both be a done deal.
The survey was conducted from July 16th to 21st, 2010 by Opnion Research Corp. They interviewed 1,018 adult Americans, the margin of error is 3%.


The question asked would you favor or oppose, "Creating a program that would allow illegal immigrants already living in the U.S. for a number of years to stay here and apply to legally remain in this country if they had a job and paid back taxes."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 03:48 PM
 
166 posts, read 142,630 times
Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
If you remove Hispanic Americans and others of Hispanic Ancestry out of the equation, what percentage of support for Illegal Aliens would you find from non Hispanics???

Does anyone know of a study on this? It seems that the most vocal and biased support comes from Politicians and groups with Hispanic ancestry.

Maldef,NCLR,Pew HISPANIC Ctr,Hispanic American Caucus and other Ethnocentric entities. Ironically they claim to have solid representation when in reality a large percentage of Americans of Hispanic ancestry also oppose Illegal Immigration.

In reality when you remove Hispanic support for Illegals the rest of America is strongly opposed to Illegal Aliens coming here.
I'd like to pose a similar question. If hispanic illegals knew that they were exempt from amnesty, I wonder how many would be marching and waving flags DEMANDING amnesty for Swedes, Africans, Australians, etc.?
My guess is none; They scream that they want amnesty for illegals but what they really mean is they want amnesty for HISPANIC illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 04:18 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
749 posts, read 1,003,969 times
Reputation: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2ten View Post
I'd like to pose a similar question. If hispanic illegals knew that they were exempt from amnesty, I wonder how many would be marching and waving flags DEMANDING amnesty for Swedes, Africans, Australians, etc.?
My guess is none; They scream that they want amnesty for illegals but what they really mean is they want amnesty for HISPANIC illegals.
That is your OPNION....how about a source instead of just your paranoid delusions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,608 posts, read 6,987,962 times
Reputation: 2984
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post
That is your OPNION....how about a source instead of just your paranoid delusions.
Please feel free to post any pics you may have of illegals supporters marching with flags other than that of Mexico, Guatemala or other Hispanic countries..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 04:35 PM
 
166 posts, read 142,630 times
Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post
That is your OPNION....how about a source instead of just your paranoid delusions.
The latter part is indeed my opinion, (one widely shared by the way) but a question is just that....got an answer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 04:40 PM
 
166 posts, read 142,630 times
Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Please feel free to post any pics you may have of illegals supporters marching with flags other than that of Mexico, Guatemala or other Hispanic countries..........
LOL! I sincerely hope he does! You have any idea how many bets I (hypothetically) could win with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2010, 04:54 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
749 posts, read 1,003,969 times
Reputation: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2ten View Post
I'd like to pose a similar question. If hispanic illegals knew that they were exempt from amnesty, I wonder how many would be marching and waving flags DEMANDING amnesty for Swedes, Africans, Australians, etc.?

My guess is none; They scream that they want amnesty for illegals but what they really mean is they want amnesty for HISPANIC illegals.
If I wasn't clear enough the first time...let me try again.

You are asserting that Hispanics only want amensty for HISPANIC illegals. I am asking for evidence this is true.

Pictures at a rally prove nothing one way or another. So someone carrying a Mexican flag is proof that same person would deny amnesty to an Irish illegal? I don't think so.

As far as I can tell, I am the only person that has posted any actual data in this entire thread. You may agree or disagree with my source or the conclusion but at least I am trying to have a legit debate.

Seems like quite a few of you in this thread think you can read the minds of every Hispanic in America by watching news footage of protests on Fox News.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:36 AM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top