U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 01:30 PM

6,608 posts, read 6,874,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post
As long as we don't let anymore Australians in......just a thought.
Yeah because there's just so MANY Australians here destroying the "American culture" and so many are illegal too..........

So am I to assume you can't even address my actual post?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 01:33 PM

OffTopic - Is anyone else seeing some weirdness with the CD "quoting" ? Seems to be attributing quotes to the wrong poster.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:53 PM

749 posts, read 985,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Yeah because there's just so MANY Australians here destroying the "American culture" and so many are illegal too..........

So am I to assume you can't even address my actual post?

Well...most Australians were prisoners and criminals...historically speaking. WHy would we want to let people like that in this country?

Old 09-24-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Well...most Australians were prisoners and criminals...historically speaking. WHy would we want to let people like that in this country?
Oh please..................is that all you have ? Address MY post, not your own. Oh and while you're at it, do some reading and some actual learning.

The "Australians were all criminals" line is as old and disingenuous as the "we're all immigrants anyway" BS

Last edited by Opyelie; 09-24-2010 at 02:19 PM..

Old 09-24-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Oh please..................is that all you have ? Address MY post, not your own. Oh and while you're at it, do some reading and some actual learning.

The "Australians were all criminals" line is as old and disingenuous as the "we're all immigrants anyway" BS
You've got to be kidding. The only two posters in this entire thread to post any atcual independent data (read: not our own opnion) were MYSELF and CHICAGONUT.

You've spouted your opnion not much else....so I am not even sure what you are asking me to address.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
You've got to be kidding.
You've spouted your opnion not much else....so I am not even sure what you are asking me to address.
As you apparently have a very short attention span - here is my post

[quote=Opyelie;16016955]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

With the fact that Mexican nationals are one of the largest groups quota wise for LEGAL immigration and given we have so MANY illegals from Mexico pouring over our borders demanding "rights", perhaps the USA should LOWER the LEGAL quota and then we may see a change in support when those Mexicans who are eligible for LEGAL immigration start to see illegal immigration is impacting THEM.

Just a thought.
[quote=BluSpark;16018014]
Quote:

As long as we don't let anymore Australians in......just a thought.
Quote:
Quote:

Now that I've refreshed your memory - perhaps you'd care to respond to my actual post rather than as you did.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
As you apparently have a very short attention span - here is my post

Now that I've refreshed your memory - perhaps you'd care to respond to my actual post rather than as you did.
I think the quote feature is NOT working properly as you may have alluded to earlier.

Let me be clear, I have heard nothing but WONDERFUL things about Australia. I hope to visit there one day...it's long been a goal of mine.

I am open to a change in specific numbers of immigrants from different countries. But I'd want that to be based on sound national policy goals...not hysteria about Mexicans or this group or that group.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:17 PM

14,307 posts, read 6,256,526 times
Quote:
I think the quote feature is NOT working properly as you may have alluded to earlier.

Let me be clear, I have heard nothing but WONDERFUL things about Australia. I hope to visit there one day...it's long been a goal of mine.

I am open to a change in specific numbers of immigrants from different countries. But I'd want that to be based on sound national policy goals...not hysteria about Mexicans or this group or that group.
There is no hysteria just as long as they come here legally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration