Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 07:25 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post
Good to see you don't have any bias, right? Looks like the pot is calling the kettle black.
Why not bring in Haitians instead of hispanics? What gives the hispanics the right to come here in unlimited numbers but other groups cannot? Why not unlimited numbers of Chinese? And unlimited numbers of Russians and Romanians? Why not just bring in the over 2 billion impoverished of the world?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 07:59 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
What is a non Hispanic?
Uh, someone who is not of the Hispanic culture and whose native language isn't Spanish?

Old 09-22-2010, 08:40 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
so, your hispanic friends do not support the illegals but you think the vast majority do? Why the disproportionate numbers? Do you choose only pro american friends?
FYI: 42.7% of all statistics are jusrt made up
Yes, most Hispanics do in fact sympathize with illegal aliens. This is not my opinion, it’s a fact. It is also glaringly illustrated by the Hispandering of Democrats in Congress on All issues pertaining to illegal immigration. A prime example is Harry Reid’s inclusion of the DREAM Act in the Defense Appropriations Bill. Despite knowing he wouldn’t get enough votes to proceed, he was willing to sabotage an important funding bill simply to placate disgruntled Hispanics prior to the November elections. And, the Democrats overwhelmingly voted in support of this ill-conceived bill because Hispanic members of Congress and Hispanic advocacy groups have repeatedly threatened to punish them at the polls if they don’t champion “immigrant” causes.

While there are many Hispanic opponents of illegal immigration, sadly, they are the minority. My Hispanic relatives and friends are staunch anti-illegals, and resent the problems created by illegal immigration. They also do not believe they have an obligation to support lawlessness simply because the perpetrators share their ethnicity. I feel the same toward the black criminal element in our society. Why should I condone and defend criminal behavior simply because the criminals are black? That’s insane. Unfortunately, most Hispanics are unable, or unwilling, to separate morality from ethnicity. They know illegal immigration is wrong, but they MUST defend it, because the majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic. By the same token, if the majority of illegal aliens were Haitian or Asian there would be little, if any, support from Hispanics. So yes, for them, ethnicity trumps all.

FYI: I don’t need to rely on statistics. I can clearly see who supports illegal aliens, as can anyone with visual acuity.

I don’t hate my country, so why would I choose to associate with those you do? Birds of a feather. . . .

Old 09-22-2010, 08:43 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,126 times
[quote=borderlord;15982566]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
so, your hispanic friends do not support the illegals but you think the vast majority do? Why the disproportionate numbers? Do you choose only pro american friends?

Yeppers....

Do You choose only anti-American" friends ?

BL
You missed my point.
You state that ALL of your hispanic friends are against illegals, BUT you also state that "the vast majority" of american hispanics are FOR illegals... How do you come to this conclusion, and what makes your hispanic friends so different from the rest?

Old 09-22-2010, 08:47 AM

[quote=Guamanians;15985551]
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post

You missed my point.
You state that ALL of your hispanic friends are against illegals, BUT you also state that "the vast majority" of american hispanics are FOR illegals... How do you come to this conclusion, and what makes your hispanic friends so different from the rest?
I gave my response. Apparently, you missed it.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:48 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
I love that being Hispanic and very anti-illegal immigration, I get called race traitor and a bunch of other things. Oh well, if caring about the integrity of the US means I'm a race traitor, then so be it

Old 09-22-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I love that being Hispanic and very anti-illegal immigration, I get called race traitor and a bunch of other things. Oh well, if caring about the integrity of the US means I'm a race traitor, then so be it
No, you are a patriotic American.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:50 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times
I constantly see the cry on comments sections of articles regarding illegal immigration that "there is NO WAY" for the "ordinary Mexican" to come to the USA legally (and yes they DO say Mexicans). Well that would be because so MANY of your illegal brethren have flooded this country that the USA will no longer allow them to even enter the Diversity lottery (which btw requires a HS diploma).

It seems that the feeling among the pro illegal supporters is that because there is no way legally for an uneducated, unskilled person to migrate (and that's from ANY country) they have NO CHOICE but to come here illegally.

They just don't "get it". They have made the rod for their own backs and can't even see that they are hurting those of their countrymen that DO manage to come here legally, or WOULD be eligible to come here legally if the country wasn't already overloaded with their illegals.

Last edited by Opyelie; 09-22-2010 at 01:50 PM..

Old 09-22-2010, 01:43 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I constantly see the cry on comments sections of articles regarding illegal immigration that "there is NO WAY" for the "ordinary Mexican" to come to the USA legally (and yes they DO say Mexicans). Well that would be because so MANY of your illegal brethren have flooded this country that the USA will no longer allow them to even enter the Diversity lottery (which btw requires a HS diploma).

It seems that the feeling among the pro illegal supporters is that because there is no way legally for an uneducated, unskilled person to migrate (and that's from ANY country) they have NO CHOICE but to come here illegally.

They just don't "get it". They have made the rod for their own backs and can't even see that they are hurting those of their countrymen that DO manage to come here legally, or WOULD be eligible to come here legally if the country wasn't already overloaded with their illegals.
That's just it. They have no compassion for anyone but themselves and their immediate family. Why care that they hurt Americans by coming here when they don't even care that they hurt their fellow Mexicans by sneaking in.
They certainly do not get it. If you cannot legally come to the US then it is apparent that we DON'T WANT YOU. However, the illegals hear the call of money and think they deserve "the good life" too.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:22 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
[quote=Guamanians;15985551]
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post

You missed my point.
I think you have to look at history for those answers. Look at the hispanics whose roots in the USA go way way back - some fought against Mexico in the war for Texas Independence, some were mixing with English speakers and happily living in territory that would become the USA. The descendents of those people would have zero in common with illegals fresh over the border.

However - few "hispanics" lived in the USA prior to the early 1900s. Maybe 2 or 3% of the population. The Mexican Revolution led to a big influx of people from Mexico but many fleeing were the not the poor but the people who were overthrown and chased out by Pancho Villa. These people also have very litte in common with illegals.

Then there were those who came before the 1950s, and 1960s, and 1970s. Small numbers who trickled in and pretty much assimilated into the USA.

In the 1980s large numbers began arriving - but even the Reagan amnesty estimated that about 300,000 illegals were "living in the shadows" and would be given amnesty - however it was over 3,000,000 people coming to claim their amnesty - only some had been here any length of time but many more were fresh over the border because the fraud was so massive.

Since the 1986 amnesty, very large numbers came in through family chain migration and of course the illegals began to pour over the border after NAFTA.

Plus not all hispanics are of Mexican or SW-USA backgrounds at all - some are from Cuba or Puerto Rico and their background and culture are not Mexican.

So a "hispanic" can be someone who has lived only in the USA and speaks perfect English and maybe speaks no Spanish at all, and from a family whose roots in the USA go way way back -- but they are more and more outnumbered by new arrivals whose motives for coming can be very different than the past when there were no welfare programs, no food stamps, WIC, Section 8 housing. Many of the new arrivals have no interest in learning English or adapting to US culture and the American-hispanics can find that just as unnerving as American-nonhispanics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration