Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 10:34 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,211 times

Advertisements

[quote=BluSpark;16016360]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

Did I say that all Mexicans are raving reconquistas? Did I say that all Hispanic citizens of Mexican ancestry are pro-illegal? No, I didn't but far too many do hold that view. That isn't a racist statement but a fact.

I didn't say that Mexicans don't have just as much right as any other nationality to migrate here legally. In fact, Mexicans are second only to Asians in our quotas for legal immigration by a few percentage points. I nor anyone else is implying that all Mexicans here are here illegally either. quote]

I will give you credit. You are masterful at dodging the question and diverting the issue. You are as deceitful as those ethnocentric Hispanic politicians you hate with such passion.

This is in fact what you said in the prior post:
"I would MUCH RAHTER have MORE hatians here who don't have an axe to grind about "stolen land" and some reconquista agenda. They are much more deserving and destitute than Mexicans."

That is a pretty clear PREFERENCE for Haitians over Mexicans.....
While you quite clearly PREFER Mexicans over Haitians - that's known as hypocrisy.

Last edited by Opyelie; 09-24-2010 at 10:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 10:38 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post
The survey you posted is about ENFORCEMENT measures...it says NOTHING about a path to citizenship for ILLEGALS. The survey I posted was about support for a path to citizenship which most directly addresses the OP's fundamental question.

The survey I posted showed a wide MAJORITY of Americans support a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants with jobs who agreed to pay back taxes (including Hispanics, Blacks, and non-Hispanic Whites).

It is YOU who seems to want to DIVIDE the country into groups of them against us.

So let me understand the bolded parts from your post above:

1) you say that Hispanics support amensty for other groups b/c they don't want to LOOK biased. So presumably they won't tell pollsters the truth that they are really just for amenstry for Hispanic illegals.

2) Yet, in the very same post you say there are numerous surveys that shows Hispanics are only concerned for their own group? Can't have it both ways.

3) Are you kidding? Oh sure, your personal (unbiased?) experience is scientific evidence and proves your case. That is a TOTAL joke. You are smart enough not to post such nonsense.
A “wide majority” of 1,000 respondents can hardly be considered representative of the opinions of millions of citizens. When Congress attempts another amnesty, it will be clear whether the vast majority support or oppose amnesty.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
A “wide majority” of 1,000 respondents can hardly be considered representative of the opinions of millions of citizens. When Congress attempts another amnesty, it will be clear whether the vast majority support or oppose amnesty.
I favour Congress doing any kind of "amnesty bill" (regardless of how they like to colour it as otherwise) as a stand alone so we can see exactly who votes for/against.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:41 AM

278 posts, read 621,802 times
All of you should join homeland security. The border needs agents. You wont accomplish anything behind a keyboard. Some of you like to insult other americans from south of the border and the majority of you have not even travelled and know zero about those coutries and ethnicities.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:43 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I favour Congress doing any kind of "amnesty bill" (regardless of how they like to colour it as otherwise) as a stand alone so we can see exactly who votes for/against.
Yep. Let’s see who the traitors are. Any politician who supports amnesty will not get my vote.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:49 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
[quote=BluSpark;16016360]
Quote:

Did I say that all Mexicans are raving reconquistas? Did I say that all Hispanic citizens of Mexican ancestry are pro-illegal? No, I didn't but far too many do hold that view. That isn't a racist statement but a fact.

I didn't say that Mexicans don't have just as much right as any other nationality to migrate here legally. In fact, Mexicans are second only to Asians in our quotas for legal immigration by a few percentage points. I nor anyone else is implying that all Mexicans here are here illegally either. quote]

I will give you credit. You are masterful at dodging the question and diverting the issue. You are as deceitful as those ethnocentric Hispanic politicians you hate with such passion.

This is in fact what you said in the prior post:
"I would MUCH RAHTER have MORE hatians here who don't have an axe to grind about "stolen land" and some reconquista agenda. They are much more deserving and destitute than Mexicans."

That is a pretty clear PREFERENCE for Haitians over Mexicans.....
One more personal attack and you will be reported.

Just what question did I dodge? Don't put words in my mouth either. Where did I say that I hate Hispanic politicians. Calling them out on their advocacy for illegal aliens is not akin to hate. It is just the truth.

Obviously, an ethnic group that is much more destitute such as the Haitians and that isn't holding a grudge over the past with our country would be more desirable for immigration into our country. We want immigrants who will respect our laws and assimilate into our culture also. At this point we have been saturated with Mexican immigrants, many whom have come here illegally. It is time to allow others to come here to be fair so to remain diversified while still retaining our identifying culture and langauge.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:02 AM

278 posts, read 621,802 times
Yeap, you should bring more people from Hungary and eastern europeans. Before, the usa was more like a rainbow, very diverse (light/dark/yellow/tanned). Now, it is becoming very Amerindian. Kind of Lou Diamond Phillips. I rarely saw people that looked like Brad Pitt. Zero. Nada.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:10 AM

294 posts, read 351,292 times
The support is driven by the guilt. A lot of white people feel they are guilty for the way whites became elevated in society, that it's only fair that they work against anything raised as an inequality. Senseless violence created a situation of unfair circumstances, so supporting situations which, while arguably senseless to their own country, make turnabout a fair play. It's only fair, right?

Old 09-24-2010, 11:10 AM

[quote=chicagonut;16016638]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post

One more personal attack and you will be reported.

Just what question did I dodge? Don't put words in my mouth either. Where did I say that I hate Hispanic politicians. Calling them out on their advocacy for illegal aliens is not akin to hate. It is just the truth.

Obviously, an ethnic group that is much more destitute such as the Haitians and that isn't holding a grudge over the past with our country would be more desirable for immigration into our country. We want immigrants who will respect our laws and assimilate into our culture also. At this point we have been saturated with Mexican immigrants, many whom have come here illegally. It is time to allow others to come here to be fair so to remain diversified while still retaining our identifying culture and langauge.
With the fact that Mexican nationals are one of the largest groups quota wise for LEGAL immigration and given we have so MANY illegals from Mexico pouring over our borders demanding "rights", perhaps the USA should LOWER the LEGAL quota and then we may see a change in support when those Mexicans who are eligible for LEGAL immigration start to see illegal immigration is impacting THEM.

Just a thought.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:25 PM

749 posts, read 1,862,103 times
[quote=Opyelie;16016955]
Quote:

With the fact that Mexican nationals are one of the largest groups quota wise for LEGAL immigration and given we have so MANY illegals from Mexico pouring over our borders demanding "rights", perhaps the USA should LOWER the LEGAL quota and then we may see a change in support when those Mexicans who are eligible for LEGAL immigration start to see illegal immigration is impacting THEM.

Just a thought.

As long as we don't let anymore Australians in......just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration