U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 01:55 PM

948 posts, read 1,202,455 times

Advertisements

OP simply it was economics. That's where they could financially afford. People can put raciest or political spins on that but it is fact.

Jeffrey G. Woods, Research Economist, California Department of Industrial Relations
"According to Daly, et al, (2001), immigrants that arrived in California since 1980 have disproportionately increased the number of low and lower-middle-income families".

http://www.scientificjournals.org/jo...icles/1201.pdf That's a PDF file I word searched 1980 and 198.

Pretty good maps of economics CA 1989
http://130.166.124.2/atlas.ca/CA000033.GIF
http://130.166.124.2/CA_Pov.html

Old 09-21-2010, 02:01 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
You're right.

[sarcasm]But you know it is racist to stand up against a group of people making your life worse and uncomfortable.[/sarcasm]

Yes, Al Sharpton is a fool for doing what he does in favor of illegal immigrants.

What's going on in Harlem? I know that Harlem has been experiencing a loss of black influence for a while, but what is going on in regards to illegal immigration?
I posted an article several months ago regarding the situation in Harlem. According to a Catholic priest who had been in Harlem for years, blacks have been systematically replaced by Hispanic illegal workers.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:03 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,100,483 times
Quote:
You're right.

[sarcasm]But you know it is racist to stand up against a group of people making your life worse and uncomfortable.[/sarcasm]

Yes, Al Sharpton is a fool for doing what he does in favor of illegal immigrants.

What's going on in Harlem? I know that Harlem has been experiencing a loss of black influence for a while, but what is going on in regards to illegal immigration?
Its the same **** that happened in LA. All the illegals are moving in. And mostly the Spanish are moving in Harlem, the BX, Brooklyn, SI. They are now the largest minority group in NY. It won't be long before conflict erupts over jobs, turf, and other ****.

Why is it racist to stand up against a group of people?
This is our country not theirs.

We have a choice. We either sit around like blacks and be invaded or fight for our country

Old 09-21-2010, 03:06 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,120,333 times
I realized it was an invasion when every company you call with voice mail has "press 1 for english, press 2 for spanish".

I think it happened sometime in the mid 1990's.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:14 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,583,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Its the same **** that happened in LA. All the illegals are moving in. And mostly the Spanish are moving in Harlem, the BX, Brooklyn, SI. They are now the largest minority group in NY. It won't be long before conflict erupts over jobs, turf, and other ****.

Why is it racist to stand up against a group of people?
This is our country not theirs.

We have a choice. We either sit around like blacks and be invaded or fight for our country
"Sit around like blacks?" Uh, I'm black. Wow ... "Our country?"

This, everyone, is an example of the kind of prejudice and assumptions, stereotypes we have working in the United States. Here I am on a message board, no one can see what I look like, but for some reason this person speaks to me in a way which makes it seem as though he think he is speaking with someone who is not black. Just how does something like this happen? Is it healthy for the fight against illegal immigration? We are supposed to be working together on this, but this person above says "we" "our" etc as if there is only one group from only one particular background that is fighting illegal immigration?

Old 09-21-2010, 04:38 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,072,228 times
you are only half right.

the first link deals with a particular gang in a BROWN neighborhood. that area has never been black. none the less what the avenues did is reprehensible. LAPD has cracked down on them.
further, my family witnessed the tesnion between black and brown firsthand. in the 70's and 60's when hispanics started moving in (altho hispanics have always been in SC) they faced a lot of harrasment. hispanics were constantly picked on. what did they do? start gangs. the same way that blacks started gangs to protect them from the whites who would pick on them.
all of a sudden you had balck gangs and brown gangs in an economically depressed area making life hard for everyone. as time passed, people sought any way possible to move out of the hood. blacks did so, to a certain extent, others couldnt (many hispanics). but you also had a new crop of people coming to LA, whether legally or illegally. when they had few resources they chose the most econimc place to live. the hood.

as for the second link. thats straight garbage. dont even bother with that "article". there are better articles to read that provide a better picture.

lastly. DONT believe the hype! as a black man the chances of being killed by a black man are many many times higher than the chances of being killed by a brown man.

inter-racial, inter-ethnic, inter-whatever crime is not as prevalent as people think it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Having never lived in CA, I have no firsthand knowledge of the impetus for the Black exodus. However, I have heard that Mexicans did in fact create a hostile environment for blacks, and they moved because they feared for their lives. Similar incidents have been reported throughout this country.

L.A. Blackout | Southern Poverty Law Center

Racist Mexican Gangs "Ethnic Cleansing" Blacks In L.A.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:47 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,072,228 times
your reasons for justifying black flight are as bogus as the reasons white people used for fleeing compton, inglewood and south central when it was lilly white. black people lower test scores. they dont take care of their homes. bla bla bla. ALL BOGUS reasons.

lets not forget that there is HISTORIC south central, then there are sections of south LA that were white, but over time became black and have now turned brown.

in the end they did not take housing from anyone. some blacks chose to leave(returning to the south) just like the white folk that chose to leave when blacks began showing up in their neighborhoods [during the great southern migration]).

its history.
people fled, by choice.
Quote:
I don't know you, I don't know your background, I don't know your experience and I don't know where you live, but it is BOGUS that you are declaring these statements that lack truth.

I am Black American and I grew up in a city that would be considered a sanctuary city. I observed first hand just as an every day person, a young person, the way in which illegal immigrants moved into neighborhoods in massive, overbearing rates and also begin to take jobs from low-income, low-skilled residents of all races, which unfortunately included a large number of Black Americans. If this happened in my mid-western city, I am sure it happened in California, in fact, I know from knowledge that it did. Also, you are darn right black people fled those neighborhoods. In some places, you had an apartment complex full of four families, no one wants to live around that. So, people fled and that in itself is how illegal immigrants are taking housing away from legal residents. If you are overloading people and leaving them no choice to leave then they ae going to leave. Sometimes, that seems to be the illegal immigrant plan: overload the US people so they have no choice but to leave.

Also, let's say that those things didn't happen during those times as you say, but we can say that they sure are happening today.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:52 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
you are only half right.

the first link deals with a particular gang in a BROWN neighborhood. that area has never been black. none the less what the avenues did is reprehensible. LAPD has cracked down on them.
further, my family witnessed the tesnion between black and brown firsthand. in the 70's and 60's when hispanics started moving in (altho hispanics have always been in SC) they faced a lot of harrasment. hispanics were constantly picked on. what did they do? start gangs. the same way that blacks started gangs to protect them from the whites who would pick on them.
all of a sudden you had balck gangs and brown gangs in an economically depressed area making life hard for everyone. as time passed, people sought any way possible to move out of the hood. blacks did so, to a certain extent, others couldnt (many hispanics). but you also had a new crop of people coming to LA, whether legally or illegally. when they had few resources they chose the most econimc place to live. the hood.

as for the second link. thats straight garbage. dont even bother with that "article". there are better articles to read that provide a better picture.

lastly. DONT believe the hype! as a black man the chances of being killed by a black man are many many times higher than the chances of being killed by a brown man.

inter-racial, inter-ethnic, inter-whatever crime is not as prevalent as people think it is.

There has been, and always will be, black-on-black crime. However, that does not negate the hatred many Mexicans, both legal and illegal, feel toward blacks. You claim the second article is garbage. Can you provide a better source? Seriously, I would like to know the truth.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:16 PM

5,660 posts, read 6,580,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
your reasons for justifying black flight are as bogus as the reasons white people used for fleeing compton, inglewood and south central when it was lilly white. black people lower test scores. they dont take care of their homes. bla bla bla. ALL BOGUS reasons.

lets not forget that there is HISTORIC south central, then there are sections of south LA that were white, but over time became black and have now turned brown.

in the end they did not take housing from anyone. some blacks chose to leave(returning to the south) just like the white folk that chose to leave when blacks began showing up in their neighborhoods [during the great southern migration]).

its history.
people fled, by choice.
I can't say I'm returning to the South because I was never born there.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:21 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Blacks should have stood up then. Now they are at war with Hispanics in their hoods.

Same **** with harlem.

They follow Al Sharpton like fools sticking up for illegals.

Blacks used to be against immigration in the 1800's. Now they let them in and they are competing with them
It's not just the blacks that have to stand up for their territory but the older hispanics do also. The previous hispanics more or less got along with their black neighbors but as the masses of newcomers swarm into these areas, there are big problems.

YouTube - News - Oakland - Nortenos Gang Violence - 2006
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or