U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 04:22 PM

3,770 posts, read 3,068,583 times

Advertisements

Educating illegal immigrants is costly *| ajc.com
Another massive waste of tax payers money on those that shouldn't be here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 04:34 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,731,624 times
The law was never meant to be used to educate the illegally brought in children of illegals, it was intended to ensure that the children brought into the country by guest migrant workers (at the time they WERE mostly transient field workers) would still receive an education.

Just one more instance of the generosity of the USA being used fraudulently by illegals and now those we have educated are DEMANDING a tertiary education at taxpayer expense.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:13 PM

47,576 posts, read 57,486,712 times
It makes no sense to spend this money. The liberals are insisting we need millions of unskilled, uneducated illegals to do the lowskilled jobs Americans don't want to do but then they turn around and say we must send all these illegals to college because in reality, the illegals don't want those jobs they're brought in to do.

Why should we spend billions of dollars educating illegals when we could just bring in already educated immigrants from any number of countries?

Old 09-22-2010, 11:10 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,503,019 times
That's a must read article.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:10 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,556,462 times
Itís disgusting that the majority never complete high school after squandering our tax funds. Itís like burning money.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:47 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,610,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It makes no sense to spend this money. The liberals are insisting we need millions of unskilled, uneducated illegals to do the lowskilled jobs Americans don't want to do but then they turn around and say we must send all these illegals to college because in reality, the illegals don't want those jobs they're brought in to do.

Why should we spend billions of dollars educating illegals when we could just bring in already educated immigrants from any number of countries?
Because that makes too much sense.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:55 PM

6,498 posts, read 10,263,417 times
This is a tough issue for me. On one hand, if we don't educate these children, what's to become of them? Let's face it, most of them aren't going back to where their parents came from. On the other hand, it does seem to have a negative impact on education for children of native-borns, and I speak from experience. When my middle son was in the third grade, a child of an illegal (OK, I can't say for certain, but I feel I'm safe in my assumption) was in his class. She couldn't speak English at first, so another student had to act as interpreter for everything. It really slowed down the learning process. That really ticked me off.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:04 PM

29,989 posts, read 35,008,278 times
The biggest cost is to the English speaking citizen children whose schools become a place where English is the second language in the classroom. They are the ones who ultimately pay the price Their quality of education delivered diminishes significantly as the percentage of illegal aliens in their classrooms increase.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:16 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,556,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
This is a tough issue for me. On one hand, if we don't educate these children, what's to become of them? Let's face it, most of them aren't going back to where their parents came from. On the other hand, it does seem to have a negative impact on education for children of native-borns, and I speak from experience. When my middle son was in the third grade, a child of an illegal (OK, I can't say for certain, but I feel I'm safe in my assumption) was in his class. She couldn't speak English at first, so another student had to act as interpreter for everything. It really slowed down the learning process. That really ticked me off.
They will, if we enforce our laws. I refuse to throw in the towel. If they want a public school education in this country, let their parents pay for it. Otherwise, bill their countries of origin. But, taxpayers should not have this unnecessary burden. Children are prohibited from attending public schools in Mexico unless they are a citizen. We should follow suit.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:50 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,503,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
To me, the issue isn't do we educate them or not, but more so that actions should be taken to reduce the continue flow of illegal immigration. Also, there is the option of deporting these families that have undocumented children in school. Yea, it does slow down the learning process, I've seen that too. Sucks. Also, the public school system is basically a free day care for the undocumented parents, so they can go out and work, undocumented and illegally. Talk about adding insult to injury. What a nice system we have for undocumented people: they can come here illegally and enroll their children into school so they can get free day care, kid gets fed good and the parent can go out and make some illegal money. All thanks to the fact that school districts don't ask for immigration status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or