Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 02:16 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times

Advertisements

Not only will driver's licenses give illegal aliens access to voter registration forms, but it also has the potential for being a national security risk. States need to think long and hard. Once the door is opened, it will be virtually impossible to close. Of particular concern is their access to federal buildings and airplanes. What a great opportunity for those with nefarious intent to take advantage of DACA. In addition, how many of the valid DLs will be duplicated and given to others? Don't think it can't happen, because it already has.

Quote:
"The issuance of driver’s licenses is an issue of particularly grave concern, especially in this perilous day and age. The United States has no national identity card. While many countries around the world issue such documents, the United States does not. However, the humble driver’s license serves as the de facto national identity card today. . . . "

The terrorists who attacked our nation on September 11, 2001 understood the value of driver’s licenses in establishing false identities for themselves. According to a report known as the “9/11 Staff Report on Terrorist Travel,” the 19 terrorists who launched that horrific attack against our nation in the aggregate used a total of 364 aliases and variations of names. In order to establish these various false identities they acquired a number of different sorts of identity documents including driver’s licenses in false names. The use of these false names made it all the more difficult for law enforcement to track the movements and activities of these malevolent individuals as they prepared to launch their attacks against our nation.
Quote:
"State-issued driver’s licenses and identification cards open doors of opportunity in the United States. Not only does the driver’s license grant Americans the privilege to operate a vehicle, it also is widely accepted as an identification card that enables the bearer to access a plethora of services and benefits. Driver’s licenses and ID cards are used to rent apartments and cars, open bank accounts, cash checks, enter secure buildings, buy guns, and board commercial aircraft, among other things. . ."
Quote:
"Why is it necessary to keep illegal aliens from getting drivers' licenses and 'driving certificates'? 'Because a driver's license or certificate is a terrorist's tool. Drivers' licenses were the 'valid IDs' that got the terrorists on the planes they used to murder our loved ones. The 9/11 terrorists possessed among them sixty-three authentic U.S.-issued licenses. . . .."

Drivers' licenses did more for the terrorists besides allowing them to board the planes. Drivers' licenses were the tools that allowed them to blend in as just ordinary Americans.
http://debatepedia.idebate.org/en/in...ecurity_threat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 02:41 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
I think this more than anything is an excellent argument in favor of a national ID card with biometrics and a high documentation burden. Make them as hard to get as passports.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I think this more than anything is an excellent argument in favor of a national ID card with biometrics and a high documentation burden. Make them as hard to get as passports.
Absolutely! Obama is playing with fire. It's one thing to allow illegals to work, although that is also a violation of federal law. But, to give them DLs and SSNs is total insanity. He could have simply issued Dreamies a special work authorization document. But, that wasn't his plan. There's much more to this than meets the eye.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:52 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Absolutely! Obama is playing with fire. It's one thing to allow illegals to work, although that is also a violation of federal law. But, to give them DLs and SSNs is total insanity. He could have simply issued Dreamies a special work authorization document. But, that wasn't his plan. There's much more to this than meets the eye.
I agree. I voted for Obama in 2008 because I saw him as the lesser of two evils, and I feel the same way this time around too. However, this stealth Dream act is a slap in the face. I'll vote this year, but it won't be for Romney OR Obama. I'll write in BENICAR!

We're being used, abused, and sold out. Hard for me to care about this country's future anymore, particularly since I have no stake in it as I've never had kids. So tempting to move to Canada. Soooooo tempting.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:06 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
I agree. I voted for Obama in 2008 because I saw him as the lesser of two evils, and I feel the same way this time around too. However, this stealth Dream act is a slap in the face. I'll vote this year, but it won't be for Romney OR Obama. I'll write in BENICAR!

We're being used, abused, and sold out. Hard for me to care about this country's future anymore, particularly since I have no stake in it as I've never had kids. So tempting to move to Canada. Soooooo tempting.
In 2008 both choices were bad IMO so I wrote in another politician's name that I liked. I agree that we need a biometric national ID card. My wife and I have often thought of moving to Canada. It's beautiful up there and for the same reasons you are tempted to move up there. This country is going to hell in a hand basket.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:

Thank you, dear! I almost choked on my drink.

Sadly, I have a 20 y/o son who will eventually be forced to either leave this country, or settle for third-world status. I feel so bad for him and others his age.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:20 PM

385 posts, read 615,011 times
On the whole "buy guns" thing, that's only if the gun is purchased from a dealer. In most states private firearm sales are cash and carry.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
It's not only DLs but SS numbers as well. Once they get an SS number and DL they will never leave the country and there is no way we can protect our programs that are "citizen only" and that includes voting.

We only have 3 states so far that will not allow them to get DLs and SS numbers.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
On the whole "buy guns" thing, that's only if the gun is purchased from a dealer. In most states private firearm sales are cash and carry.
Correction: Sorry, I misread your comments.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:19 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thank you, dear! I almost choked on my drink.

Sadly, I have a 20 y/o son who will eventually be forced to either leave this country, or settle for third-world status. I feel so bad for him and others his age.
You 2 may have options: I believe a person who's 1 quarter German or more can move to Germany, Benicar; and BigD is Jewish so there's Israel. Me; I'm too far away from Ireland by generation to claim their citizenship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration