U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 12:26 PM

2,847 posts, read 1,863,945 times

Advertisements

Heavily-armed agents raid Texas ranch with cartel links | kens5.com | San Antonio News, Weather, Sports, Traffic, Entertainment, Video and Photos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 12:38 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,857,919 times
This truly pisses me off. . . .

Quote:
The family is also allegedly involved in "selling fraudulent social security cards and U.S. Immigration green cards ... while receiving government assistance in the form of food stamps, which they used to buy various items and sold them for cash."

Old 09-23-2010, 02:55 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,599,558 times
@ Benicar

I think there are some guys at the park who get food stamps, they buy drinks and then sell them at the park. They are from Mexico (I've talked to them) and I wonder if they are undocumented. In my area, most Mexicans are not here legally, either they came in illegally or they are overstaying their visa.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:00 PM

I don't think these cartels want it with US forces. No matter how many heads they cut of down in Mexico, how many kidnappings they conduct or how many bodies they are hanging from bridges in Mexico, I don't think the Zetas and others want to go head-to-head with US law enforcement and military. That's one thing I can say.

But, yea, I can't believe this stuff is going on in our country. They're just setting up shop down there, terrorizing peopel.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:37 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,539,879 times
According to the head of DHS Janet Napolitano

"The border has NEVER been more secure"

"Nonetheless, to the extent that terrorists have come into our country or suspected or known terrorists have entered our country across a border, it's been across the Canadian border. There are real issues there."

The security of the United States of America is in the hands
of some very incompetent people who have no idea what's
going on along the border and refuse to let the people
hired to do that job.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:59 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,949,633 times
The cartels of course control both sides of the US-Mexico border. They have no problem transporting tons of contraband over the border daily and it's got to be corrupt on both sides for them to operate so easily and efficiently.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The cartels of course control both sides of the US-Mexico border. They have no problem transporting tons of contraband over the border daily and it's got to be corrupt on both sides for them to operate so easily and efficiently.
Yep. You got the Texas National Guard down there that is corrupt.

National Guardsmen Get Prison for Smuggling Illegals - MassCops (http://www.masscops.com/f104/national-guardsmen-get-prison-smuggling-illegals-65994/ - broken link)

Old 09-25-2010, 10:11 PM

1,720 posts, read 3,940,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Yep. You got the Texas National Guard down there that is corrupt.

National Guardsmen Get Prison for Smuggling Illegals - MassCops (http://www.masscops.com/f104/national-guardsmen-get-prison-smuggling-illegals-65994/ - broken link)

well its not that they are corrupt, but they somehow get in our systems. kinda like when Saddam said that he he will get his vengance after the first gulf war, and look what happened a decade later.....

I am truly not surprised. The US needs to step it up, and either grow and tax it here, the effects are just as alcohol! or continue to allow the violence to continue.

Old 09-25-2010, 11:41 PM

3,858 posts, read 5,981,349 times
Someone has to deliver the drugs to American consumers in the heartland. If it's not Mexican cartels then it's American mobsters. Gone are the days when Tony Montana and Frank Lucas go overseas to make drug deals. The growers are cutting out the middle man and taking over the supply chain themselves.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:04 AM

7,624 posts, read 8,162,986 times
Quote:
I don't think the Zetas and others want to go head-to-head with US law enforcement and military.
They don't need to, they can bribe our politicians to castrate our military and law enforcement agencies for them.

In all honesty though, I am not sure. I can't see them assassinating state and federal politicians and officials but I can certainly see them going after municipal and county level politicians, mayors, county executives/supervisors, judges, cops, etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration