U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 10:21 PM

3,748 posts, read 7,210,050 times

Advertisements

I have said this before, and I am going to say it again. Strong border security is the least expensive and most effective solution to combat the invasion of this nation. The reason is simple: if you can stop illegals from entering in the first place, you won't have to deal with all these expensive problems with finding, arresting, housing and deporting them later.

But how do you secure the huge border? The fence, while a good idea, is not enough. I just saw a news video showing illegals making holes through the fence. They can jump over fence far too easily. I propose that we put the military there. Protecting our security is what soldiers are trained to do. They have the training and the equipment to do it. We don't need additional billions of dollars to use our military because the equipments are already there and the soldiers already get paid anyway. The military doesn't need to arrest the invaders. They just need to be stopped. I promise you the invaders will stop crossing our border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 10:48 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,003,968 times
I agree, we need the military on the border. About 35,000 troops should do it. That would give us plenty of guys to actually man the border 24/7, with enough left over as support troops.

The problem is, Bush is still president. Even if he put the army on the border any GI that actually had to use force to protect this nation would get stiff prison sentences. Look at what he's doing to the guys that work for the border patrol.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:29 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Default India is building a 2,500 mile fence

Illegal Immigration VS Americans for Legal Immigration PAC - India builds a 2,500-mile barrier: Results in less illegal immigration!

Tell your elected representation that it CAN be done!

Old 07-02-2007, 11:08 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,346,148 times
I think real border security is the answer to many of our problems. We must cut down on the number of illegal aliens and I think border security is key to that. I think a secure border will also make a significant impact on the illegal drug smugglers and the crime that drugs create.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:33 AM

2,432 posts, read 6,003,968 times
You guys are all right.

What we need isn't Comprehensive Immigration Reform, what we need is Comprehensive Border Security.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:18 AM

196 posts, read 691,147 times
Put the National Guard at the borders both North and South. We are being invaded.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:09 AM

18,093 posts, read 20,055,264 times
Lightbulb easy solution

get some prisoners on a chain gang in border states to dig a moat, use the dirt to raise up New Orleans & areas, put gators and piranhas in that moat . Bring our troops home to guard our borders , shoot first then ask questions. If anybody gets through then God Bless them brother!

Old 07-09-2007, 03:32 AM

Jaxson-You're getting carried away. We only want to secure the borders. The National Guard is fine.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:55 AM

18,093 posts, read 20,055,264 times
winter~~ if we secure the borders what are we to do with all the illegals here now? If America doesn't start showing her strong backbone she was built on it is going to be really too late folks!

OK I will retract "the shoot first" part but the other part I won't sorry. Not when so many of our American rights are being taken away to be "politically correct" to illegals??????? Not when so many of our seniors and disabled are being denied state assistance because they used it giving it to illegals.

Are we forgetting all who have died to give us the right to voice our opinions on this very forum and made this great country what it was? Are we not living in a country that English is our language but yet our goverment has spent millions of dollars on Spanish language signs, directions and school books? Is not the US flag our country's flag but in some regions in our country the Spanish flag is being flown instead?

Other countries use to fear the USA we need to get that fear back in place for the sake of my children and their children's future! I welcome any person who wants to come here legally.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:16 AM

Jaxson I wasn't criticising you but please no violence. I don't like English as a second language either and all the spending nor do I like the politically correct message we send to illegals whether they be Mexican or from other parts of the world. I do not have the answer about what to do with all the illegals here now. This is almost bigger than we can imagine. I've said this before we here in NJ have towns that are almost all Hispanic-I don't know who is legal and who isn't. It's time to shut the gates on all foreigners whether they be South of the border or European. We need to take care of the Country being overrun by people who just dropped in to stay. Watch Lou Dobbs. He's excellent on this issue. Also there are a few people on this thread that have more knowledge about this than I so I read what they have to say and try to learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or