U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 03:23 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,227,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post
The only race war is the one that is in your head......
No! It's in THEY"RE head. They're the racist race baiters that spin everthing into some kind of racial issue.

Our concern is "illegal immigration" which has nothing to do with race.

Old 09-26-2010, 04:11 PM

749 posts, read 1,547,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
No! It's in THEY"RE head. They're the racist race baiters that spin everthing into some kind of racial issue.

I was responding to another poster who made that statement. So try pointing the finger somewhere else.......

Old 09-26-2010, 04:55 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,163,231 times
Quote:
I've posted two recent polls asking the same question regarding a path to citizenship. Both have shown two-thirds or more of the majority in support.

If you want to post a poll showing the opposite go right ahead.
Here ya go.

Brad O'Leary: Survey finds 70 percent support for deporting illegal immigrants | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columns/OpEd-Contributor/Brad-OLeary-Survey-finds-70-percent-support-for-deporting-illegal-immigrants-101826173.html - broken link)

Old 09-26-2010, 05:56 PM

749 posts, read 1,547,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Here ya go.

Brad O'Leary: Survey finds 70 percent support for deporting illegal immigrants | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columns/OpEd-Contributor/Brad-OLeary-Survey-finds-70-percent-support-for-deporting-illegal-immigrants-101826173.html - broken link)
Are you kidding me? You posted a poll sponsored by Brad O'Leary. He is notorious for paying Zogby for the poll results he wants. See link here.

Terry Krepel: Brad O'Leary and His Misleading Zogby Polls

One of the polls I posted was from Gallup..one of the most trusted names in opinion research.

I do appreciate the effort. Many, many people on here don't even try.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:37 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,388,862 times
Quote:
I've posted two recent polls asking the same question regarding a path to citizenship. Both have shown two-thirds or more of the majority in support.

If you want to post a poll showing the opposite go right ahead.
If they are doing so it is absolutely out of ignorance of the bill in question. I can guarantee if you posed a poll and asked the question, "Should the children of illegal migrants be granted American citizenship merely for having completed a GED in Spanish?" the answers would be decidedly different.

If you asked additional questions such as should said illegal migrants be granted permission to sponsor their parents as American citizens even though said parents may have been breaking American immigrant laws for many years again I suspect the answers may be quite different.

The truth is that most Americans do not want illegal migrants here, particularly of one ethnicity. They do not want a next door neighbor who does not speak English, has twenty roommates and six children and runs in fear of the police. They don't want to deal with people who believe on some fundamental level that all laws are for the breaking when it suits them.

They should be fundamentally allowed to do so without being called all kinds of nasty names by a largely Hispanic lobby under the impression that migrants from Spanish speaking countries should be given special permission to avoid learning English, avoiding obeying American immigration laws and collect money from the American taxpayer.

By asking for different rules than the rules that governed prior immigrants to America they are being profoundly insulting. If my grandparents were told firmly that no Yiddish interpreters were available and that they'd damned well learn English let alone that they'd better not be a public charge or they'd be deported . . . then I'm sorry but who the hell do you think you are to demand the rest of us to learn Spanish or tell us that you are indeed entitled to claim subsidized housing, medical care and even subsidized food when you've never paid a penny into the till?

Good lord, what chutzpah!

Old 09-26-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Are you kidding me? You posted a poll sponsored by Brad O'Leary. He is notorious for paying Zogby for the poll results he wants. See link here.

Terry Krepel: Brad O'Leary and His Misleading Zogby Polls

One of the polls I posted was from Gallup..one of the most trusted names in opinion research.

I do appreciate the effort. Many, many people on here don't even try.
Terry Krepel from Media Matters writing an article for the far left, liberal Huffington Post? Yeah, I'm a believer, lol.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:32 PM

More polls for your viewing pleasure.

Illegal Immigration Polls & Surveys

Old 09-26-2010, 08:25 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,588,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post

The things that come to my mind when I think of illegal immigration are:

1. Being taken advantage of and having handcuffs on.
2. A forced change in our surroundings resulting in social issues.
3. Forced population growth and traffic, not just in general, but in certain areas.
4. Being ignored and cheated by your own government as they cater to a certain group just for their motives.
5. Seeing other people get discriminated against by undocumented people.
6. Seeing a culture and language (I speak fluent Spanish) get forced upon people as the result of undocumented immigration.
7. Seeing women with 3 toddlers and then another kid in Wal-Mart pull out their food stamp card or WIC check to pay for their food.
8. Knowing about the crimes and murders between Mexicans and Black people in places like LA.
9. Going to a school and seeing a class just for undocumented children, taking away money that can go to legal students. Or seeing a teacher have to spend forever trying to help undocumented children or children of undocumented people and not being able to help other children.
10. You also have a problem with people who are undocumented or immigrants being racist towards you in your OWN country.
11. Not feeling like you can go to an area in Texas, California or Arizona because some undocumented or legal people from South of the border make it unsafe.
12. Hearing randomly from people that their car was hit by an "illegal" (court proven) and they couldn't pay.
13. Hearing from nurses about how they sit up in the hospital forever and get out of paying co-pays while receiving government assistance.

You aren't racist if you are concerned about these things, you are human and you are mildy or extremely pissed.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venezuelan View Post
SoEdible:

Latins/Latinos, same thing (English/Spanish word for the culture that originated from Latium, Italy)

The fact that the usa misuses the word latino to refer only to Amerindian North American Mexicans doesnt mean that the rest of the world is going to burn the latín concept and adapt to the U.S.American usage.

As I said before, Latins/Latinos, same thing. Latín Europeans/Latino Europeos. Latín Americans/Latino Americanos. Just pick a language, the meaning of the concept doesnt change.

I am done with your stupid attempt to try to separate latins from its spanish versión of the word. I have never heard such a stupid thing. Omg.

By the way, the usa is partially latino/latín as well. Florida, Texas, Arizona, California, and puerto rico are former latín/latino European colonies before they were annexed to the union.

Latín/o is a culture. NOT a race.

And if we were talking about race. Southern American countries are still more Latin European blooded (Italian,Spanish, and Portuguese) than U.S.

Anglo is also a culture, NOT a race.

An Australian is mostly British blooded and has an anglo culture.
A U.S. National is mostly NOT British blooded but has an anglo culture. That's why a jew (like Adam sandler), a Hungarian, a polish, a eastern European, are called "Anglos" in the USA.

Anglo is a culture.
Hispanic is a culture.

Get it.
You're wrong. Italians don't refer to themselves as "Latinos." That is what you said. For some reason you are obsessed with calling them Latinos. I understand what you are saying about the usage of the word Latin and Latino. But I never knew of an Italian (from Italy) refer to themselves as "Latino." So, how can you debate that, especially when someone from Europe just said that they are considered "Latino?"

Old 09-26-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Most of us don't support illegal immigration, we just see a different solution to solving this problem other than deport and kill them all.
Who wants to kill people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or