U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 08:19 PM

3,847 posts, read 3,161,032 times

Advertisements

The only "poll" that would matter is if they ever put this to a vote. That would NEVER happen as Obama and the Democrats KNOW Americans would overwhelmingly shoot it down in a heatbeat.

They can conduct the next poll at a Cinco De Mayo parade or in front of a Home Depot for all anybody cares,it's what real registered voters want that would count.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:38 PM

749 posts, read 1,544,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
The only "poll" that would matter is if they ever put this to a vote. That would NEVER happen as Obama and the Democrats KNOW Americans would overwhelmingly shoot it down in a heatbeat.

They can conduct the next poll at a Cinco De Mayo parade or in front of a Home Depot for all anybody cares,it's what real registered voters want that would count.
You know that Cinco De Mayo has as much meaning to a Mexican as St. Patty's Day does to the Irish....pretty much nothing.

Those "holidays" are American creations....so the illegals won't be taking the day off to celebrate that day.

Plenty of drunken (U.S. born) college students (of all backgrounds) do celebrate BOTH of those days.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:23 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,843,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Why do Legal Hispanics Support Illegal Immigration?
This hispanic doesn't support illeagal immigration and neither does my family or my hispanic friends. I do believe in deportation and securing our borders. I am on the side of my country.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:41 AM

531 posts, read 1,171,407 times
Most of those called legal immigrant were illegals when they came to the U.S. and were lucky enought to find a path to citizenship in a way or another. Being anti-inmigrant or "anti-illegal" being an immigrant is plain stupid and a disgraceful piece of cr@p! many of those not supporting amnesty forgot their roots and the way they used to come to the U.S. All immigrant, legal and illegal, come here for the same purpose, "have a better future and opportunities". Sadly, yhis country has become extremely racist againt minorities, specially hispanic! If you hate hispanics, specially Mexican stop eating Taco Bell and celebrating 5 de Mayo...

Old 09-27-2010, 01:58 AM

3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina1686 View Post
Most of those called legal immigrant were illegals when they came to the U.S. and were lucky enought to find a path to citizenship in a way or another. Being anti-inmigrant or "anti-illegal" being an immigrant is plain stupid and a disgraceful piece of cr@p! many of those not supporting amnesty forgot their roots and the way they used to come to the U.S. All immigrant, legal and illegal, come here for the same purpose, "have a better future and opportunities". Sadly, yhis country has become extremely racist againt minorities, specially hispanic! If you hate hispanics, specially Mexican stop eating Taco Bell and celebrating 5 de Mayo...
So you are saying that all immigrants should support amnesty? What if an immigrant has become very supportive of the United States and feels that it is wrong for undocumented to think they are owed something? Remember, not ever immigrant came here illegally, so, just like us as born citizens, they have the right to complain about undocumented immigration. Not everyone is fighting for undocumented immigrants, know that, there are a lot of people, including Hispanics, who see how wrong it is for millions of undocumented people to demand things of the country. Also, what makes you think someone hates Hispanics? Also, does wanting to see reduce illegal immigration and to see some sort of large deportation make a person hate Hispanics? I love tacos (the real ones, not Taco Bell version), but I damn sure don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo, why would I?

Old 09-27-2010, 02:07 AM

10,236 posts, read 13,520,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Why do Legal Hispanics Support Illegal Immigration?

My neighbors sure don't. Now I admittedly don't know if they were anchor babies, as their parents came from Mexico. But they do not support illegal immigration. And while they do speak Spanish, English is also spoken in their homes and it was the priority for their children before entering school.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:00 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,290,826 times
This thread is full of fail. I started deleting posts but then realized it's pointless, as I'd have to delete most of the posts here for being either off topic or orphaned.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or