Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 07:50 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post
Wow...I am sorry if I offend you. But that is just pure unadultured bias and bigotry on YOUR part.

George Bush, Jr. got about 40% of the Hispanic vote in 2000 I believe. You are really putting people into categories.....

Don't get me started on how the Irish were supposed to RUIN this country with their bad morals and drinking habits.
Ok, I warned you that if you personally attacked me one more time I would report you. So be it.

If Bush got 40% of the Hispanic vote then that means that 60% of them voted Democrat. Hispanics are overwhelming Democrats.

What does the Irish coming here LEGALLY have to do with Hispanics coming here ILLEGALLY in droves today?

So it is bigoted to not want the demographics and culture of your country to change via ILLEGAL immigration? As I said, if millions of Asians migrated to Mexico illegally and changed them from being Hispanic culturally along with their dominant language they would have a hissy fit. Why the double standard?

Old 09-24-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venezuelan View Post
"Hispanics are the majority in 22 countries"

Chicagoan, hispanic isnt a race.

"Change the demographic makeup"

Well, USA is always changing its demographics. The entire world will probably be Chinese in 150 years.
Did I say that Hispanic was a race? No, I didn't. It is an ethnic group whose culture is Hispanic. Our identifying culture in this country is not Hispanic nor should it become that way via ILLEGAL immigration.

No country should be forced to become something they are not in that manner and we are a melting pot not a changing demographic. Learn to know the difference. That is one of the reasons we have immigration laws so that we don't have one ethnic group changing our identity as a nation by coming here in massive numbers illegally. Do you know of any country that would lay down and stand for that willingly?

Old 09-24-2010, 08:06 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Did I say that Hispanic was a race? No, I didn't! It is an ethnic group whose culture is Hispanic. Our identifying culture in this country is not Hispanic nor should it become that way via ILLEGAL immigration. Do you get it now?

No country should be forced to become something they are not in that manner and we are a melting pot not a changing demographic. Learn to know the difference. That is one of the reasons we have immigration laws so that we don't have one ethnic group changing our identity as a nation by coming here in massive numbers illegally. Do you know of any country that would lay down and stand for that willingly?
Speaking of which - does this sound familiar?

Quote:
There is now a widespread feeling among Muslims that the territories they lost during the Spanish Reconquest still belong to them, and that they have a right to return and establish their rule there. This is based on the Islamic idea that territories once occupied by Muslims must remain under Muslim domination forever.
taken from this article -
Islamists Force Spanish Nightclub to Change its Name :: Hudson New York

Old 09-24-2010, 11:19 PM

278 posts, read 621,951 times
Quote:
Did I say that Hispanic was a race? No, I didn't. It is an ethnic group whose culture is Hispanic. Our identifying culture in this country is not Hispanic nor should it become that way via ILLEGAL immigration.

The Mexicans are changing the demographics but remember that greedy employers keep hiring them in order to cut business expenses and make more $$$.

The two sides are wrong. 1 jumps the border and the other hires them.

If the employers hire legal people only, illegals will eventually leave.

Simple.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:22 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Why do Legal Hispanics Support Illegal Immigration?
Let's imagine for a moment that Ellis Island ceased operations and termed everyone thereafter "illegal immigrants". Do you suppose the Irish, Italians, Jews etc. would stop coming to the United States? Furthermore, do you really think the aforementioned races/creeds would be against the illegal immigration of their own countrymen?

Get a clue.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:08 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Let's imagine for a moment that Ellis Island ceased operations and termed everyone thereafter "illegal immigrants". Do you suppose the Irish, Italians, Jews etc. would stop coming to the United States? Furthermore, do you really think the aforementioned races/creeds would be against the illegal immigration of their own countrymen?

Get a clue.
Ellis Island ceased operations in 1954. Europeans have to enter the country by plane, or boat, and go through customs. Mexicans, and other from Central and South America, if they can make it through Mexico, can just walk across the border. If the government declared no more immigrants would be allowed, and no more tourist, or student visas would be issued, it would affect only those from continents not connected physically to North America.

It's human nature for people to want to be among their own ethnic, and cultural group, so they do support their own generally.

Old 09-25-2010, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post

Get a clue.
Ellis Island has already ceased operations. You get a clue. Compared to Mexicans and other Latino illegal aliens there are very few Irish, Italian, etc. here illegally.

Speaking for my self being of Polish heritage, yes I would be opposed to the Polish coming here illegally or white people in general just like I am opposed to illegal immigration from anywhere else.

Hispanics of Mexican ancestry whether they were born here or not still consider Mexicans to be their countrymen. I only consider Americans to be my countrymen and I will always act in their best interests, not the citizens of my ancestor's homeland.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:08 AM

749 posts, read 1,862,862 times
Quote:
Ok, I warned you that if you personally attacked me one more time I would report you. So be it.

If Bush got 40% of the Hispanic vote then that means that 60% of them voted Democrat. Hispanics are overwhelming Democrats.

What does the Irish coming here LEGALLY have to do with Hispanics coming here ILLEGALLY in droves today?

So it is bigoted to not want the demographics and culture of your country to change via ILLEGAL immigration? As I said, if millions of Asians migrated to Mexico illegally and changed them from being Hispanic culturally along with their dominant language they would have a hissy fit. Why the double standard?

Nope....not a personal attack. That was a criticism of your statement which does reflect a bias against the "Hispanic culutre" as one which is "ethnocentric" and "tribal" in mentality.

I presented a fact which you want to ignore....Hispanics voted 40% for Bush in 2000 indicating an open mindedness to alternative political ideas.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:24 PM

3 posts, read 4,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Why do Legal Hispanics Support Illegal Immigration?
I am Hispanic and I am not in support of illegal immigration. Keep your racist preconceived notions to yourself and start looking at us as individuals. We do not all think the same.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:07 PM

278 posts, read 621,951 times
Quote:
Ellis Island has already ceased operations. You get a clue. Compared to Mexicans and other Latino illegal aliens there are very few Irish, Italian, etc. here illegally.

Speaking for my self being of Polish heritage, yes I would be opposed to the Polish coming here illegally or white people in general just like I am opposed to illegal immigration from anywhere else.

Hispanics of Mexican ancestry whether they were born here or not still consider Mexicans to be their countrymen. I only consider Americans to be my countrymen and I will always act in their best interests, not the citizens of my ancestor's homeland.
Italians are latino. And your nationality is not American. Look at your passport. American is any resident from Argentina to Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration