U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve of my humble "Guest worker" program?
Heck YEAH! It's AWESOME! 6 60.00%
Heck NO! (Please state reason why)! 3 30.00%
I am not sure or I do not know. 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 01:15 AM

1,497 posts, read 4,375,406 times

Advertisements

Please vote to say if you approve of this plan... if not, please post here why.

--> Create a TEMPORARY guest worker program for hotels, cleaning, agriculture, and construction... granted:

A) The guestworker legislation would make overstaying your visa or unlawful entry (aka. entering through the border) would be a mandatory FELONY and would be enforceable by LOCAL COPS! That way, we would cut this illegal problem, as no alien would wants to be stopped for a small traffic violation and go to jail for being here illegally.

B) Put everyone here illegally right now on a TEMPORARY NON-RENEWABLE work visa (until the alien leaves and stays out at least 3 months in their home country) and ABSOLUTELY NO GREENCARDS OR PATH TO CITIZENSHIP. The aliens would get to stay for 1 year and then HAVE to leave or face being stopped by a local cop and then be hauled off to jail/prison in a felony on a MANDATORY SENTENCE (minimum jail time for violation would be 2 years in prison).

C) Any alien with ANY FELONY CONVICTION would be barred from re-entering the US for at least 10 years (NO WAIVERS). That means, even a DUI-felony would be enough to get these aliens OUT! Returing to the US after being deported (already a Federal Crime) would also be enforced by local cops and carry a MANDATORY SENTENCE OF 5 YEARS IN A JOE ARPAIO-STYLE "TENT CITY" LIKE HIS JAIL IN PHOENIX ARIZONA, where inmates have to dig holes, carry rocks, and wear pink clothes and sleep in the desert... no A/C, no heating, no TV.

D) Make every alien pay income taxes, tax foreign money remmitances and use EVERY DIME OF THEIR TAX DOLLARS TO BUILD A 2,000 MILE TRIPLE-LAYERED FENCE WITH SENSORS, ROAD BLOCKADES, AND HIRE 2,000 NEW BORDER PATROL OFFICERS PER YEAR UNTIL YOU REACH 50,000 BORDER PATROL.

Make every illegals here pay at least $5,000 to get their 1-year temporary visa and require future aliens coming to work in the US pay at least $1,500 to come in on their temporary 6-month visa. Have all aliens coming in a "guest worker" visa to sign a sworn affidavit in their native language explaining that overstaying the visa or entering illegally would carry MANDATORY PRISON TIME OF 2 YEARS.

E) Eliminate every kind of public assistance (other than emergency medical care) to ALL NON-GREEN CARD ALIENS AND ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS. Aliens would be required to show ID at any hospital or clinic and aliens who do not pay their bills would be barred from re-entering the USA on a new guest worker visa until bills are paid with heavy fines. Aliens caught driving w/o insurance would be jailed for at least 1 year in addition to any state law penalties and be barred from re-entering the US for 5 years.

F) NO ADMITTANCE of families of temp guestworkers from entering the USA because their kids pack public schools, hospitals and families give birth to "anchor babies". Illegal aliens who are already here and have families with them would have to take their families back to their home countries or face local cops arresting them for overstaying or not leaving after their 1-year visas are expired.

G) Have local cops enforce immigration laws in regards to aliens who are already here illegally and do not register for the 1-year temporary visa where they would ahve to leave after that. The minimum jail sentence for these people would be 1 years in the Joe Arpaio-style jail.

H) Have individuals of ALL AGES, WHETHER MALE OR FEMALE of certain terrorist-sponsoring countries (Iran, Syria, etc etc) be immediatelly investigated and have their names, faces, and fingerprints run in every database of every international terrorist-fighting organizations like Interpol, CIA, and every friendly foreign country's inteligence agency. ANY alien matching the database would be immediatelly detained by local cops and be detained to verify their identity and intent in the US. Aliens can VOLUNTARILY leave the US if detained and doesn't want to stay in US anymore and any alien who is a "threat to national security because of terrorist activities" would be immediatelly turned over to the FBI.

I) Create a government oversight committee who would regulate how many of these temporary visas would be issued once we get the 20 million illegals legalized for 1 year and then start to leave. This comittee would be comprised of 3 Republicans, 3 Democrats and 1 independent who would oversee the numbers of visas (capped out at 300,000 a year) and would be able to cut down on the numbers of visas if they see a lowering of US wages or if jobs are lost at any given time. THis committee would have the power to eliminate guest workers if market conditions dictate and can NEVER increase the yearly visa quota.

J) Make hiring an illegal alien or hiring a "sub-contractor" firm that employes illegal aliens a felony and mandate a minimum penalty of 1 year in the Joe Arpaio-Style prison for any employer hiring illegals.

K) Create a simple online system where employers would ahve to verify work authorization/legal status of aliens by typing in the alien's name and make it mandatory for employer to ahve to print out and keep records of any person they hire on their file (showing that the alien was legal at time of hiring) for 5 years. Violators would get a $1,000 fine.

I think most people would approve of this immigration plan. That is what a temporary guest worker program really is and this would end this nightmare immigration problem. This would allow aliens to come and work, pay taxes, have insurance on their cars, then take their money home after their visa expires if they so wish (like they do in Canada and have been doing for YEARS). They can visit granny in their home countries, can spend holidays out of the US, no more fear of being deported, no more costs to the government, no BS. No more anchor babies, no more criminal aliens, no more drug dealers pouring across the border, no more problems.

If you disagree or have any other ideas, please post here.

Last edited by Nirvana-Guy; 07-02-2007 at 01:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 09:22 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,690,528 times
No child born to a foreign national on U.S. soil will be eligible for United States citizenship.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:50 PM

I didn't add that because we need a "CONSTITUTIONAL AMMENDMENT" to block the anchor babies problem. Otherwise, the UCLU and LULAC and La Raza could sue to throw out the law as a violation to Contitutional protections.

We need a Constitutional Ammendment repealing the 14th's ammendment and clarifying that children born to anyone who doesn't have at least 1 USC (US Citizen) parent is NOT a USC anymore.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:25 AM

196 posts, read 691,303 times
It sounds reasonable and workable. It's better than what's going on now. I'm one of the older people here. My mom who is way up there in age had to go to the hospital for a procedure. Most of the nurses and aids couldn't speak clear English. She needed a home health aid. They sent one that was hard to understand. That is very frightening to me.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:09 AM

786 posts, read 4,228,809 times
There is a large number of people who are not in the labor force and are not counted as unemployed. We need to get them working before opening up a number of new guest worker programs. So I voted no.

No Guest Worker program ever works. They all find a way to stay.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter View Post
It sounds reasonable and workable. It's better than what's going on now. I'm one of the older people here. My mom who is way up there in age had to go to the hospital for a procedure. Most of the nurses and aids couldn't speak clear English. She needed a home health aid. They sent one that was hard to understand. That is very frightening to me.
Yes, we had a lawsuit in my last firm in Orlando that the nurse gave a patient the wrong meds and another a shot and almost killed one because the nurse did NOT speak English.

Nurses are in the "unlimited visa" category, so nurses, whether qualified or not from all over the world can come here and easily get in the country. I fear fro US nurses that their wages will start to go down once we get too many cheaper foreign nurses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
There is a large number of people who are not in the labor force and are not counted as unemployed. We need to get them working before opening up a number of new guest worker programs. So I voted no.

No Guest Worker program ever works. They all find a way to stay.
Not if local cops enforce immigration laws. Make it is a no-bond felony offense and trust me, they will leave. No one wants to live here so badly they will risk being stopped by a cop and going to jail, to be there with crack users without bond on an Immigration violation. I have delt with a ton of aliens, and they all tell me that if cops were enforcing immigration laws, they would all leave.

I (sadly) think a guest worker program will be inevitable... I don't like it, but it will have to happen. I just hope they smack aliens with mandatory prison time for anyone overstaying or anyone who is here illegally.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:00 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Nirvana-Guy your frustration is obvious. Your solutions would be great, on paper. Unfortunately, we as a society no longer have the will or conviction to carry this out. Can you imagine the first time a family got physically dragged out of their house by the cops to be deported? It would be on every TV Channel in the next hour, and by the end of the week, that program would be abandoned.
Are you familiar with "Special Order 40"? In many of California's largest cities, the police are actually forbidden by their own department to inquire into anyone's legal residency. This can theoretically result in situations in which a suspect is actually better off as an illegal than if he's not.
Your plan won't work. We as a society are not willing to put it into practice. Interesting suggestions, though......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or