U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 09:31 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,975,847 times

Advertisements

This thread doesn't really have much to do with illegal immigration just because Sheriff Arpaio is known for strong enforcement. Should have been left in P&C imho
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 09:45 PM

1,720 posts, read 3,938,439 times
HAHAHAHA this is exactly like the cast stone verse, Joe thought he was without sin, so he tossed it and now it came back to hit him square in is head!

I honestly would pray for him to live a looong time till he's busing tables at restaurants, since the illegals will be gone, that should be his job now.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:08 AM

346 posts, read 617,311 times
Phew! As a very far leftie, I am very VERY glad that Sheriff Joe can finally be exposed! That jerk has been enforcing immigration laws for too long, and oppressing innocent victims who only did the mere crime of crossing into this country illegally and bleeding the state of millions.

I can't wait to remove a guy like that. Imagine, wasting 80 million dollars of taxpayer money. Only illegal aliens are allowed to do that!

/sarcasm off

Old 09-26-2010, 02:11 AM

346 posts, read 617,311 times
Also:

Arizona Sheriff Arpaio Gets Favorable Audit - WSJ.com

Hmmm...Where are these human rights violations I hear of?

Old 09-26-2010, 07:46 AM

4,896 posts, read 5,886,532 times
arizona sheriff arpaio gets favorable audit - wsj.com (http://online.wsj.com/article/sb10001424052748703384204575509700664903676.html?m od=googlenews_wsj - broken link)

Quote:
by evan perez from above link....A federal audit gave favorable grades to maricopa county sheriff joe arpaio for his treatment of inmates, amid a justice department probe into possible discrimination by the arizona lawman against hispanic inmates.

Mr. Arpaio's lawyer said the audit grades from the u.s. Marshals service show the sheriff runs a clean operation and underscore his contention that the probe is politically motivated.

The justice department said in a statement that its investigation "pertains to allegations of discrimination in jails and police practices that are not covered by the marshals service review."

mr. Arpaio has gained a national reputation as an anti-illegal immigration firebrand, using his local agency to round up undocumented immigrants and turn them over to federal officials for deportation. The 18-month justice probe has looked into how he treats jail inmates and whether he discriminates against hispanics.

Hispanic and civil-liberties groups have criticized practices of mr. Arpaio, such as using tents to house detainees and dressing them in pink uniforms.

The marshals service conducted routine inspections of jail facilities operated by the maricopa county sheriff's office in september 2009 and again recently. Those inspections, separate from the justice civil-rights probe, were done as part of agreements under which the maricopa sheriff houses some of the marshals service's federal prisoners....snipped...

Old 09-26-2010, 07:50 AM

4,896 posts, read 5,886,532 times
I suspect there are some truths to these allegations because he can't oversee everything. I'll bet accounting controls were lax but that doesn't mean Sheriff Joe was personally responsible for illegally spending 80 million. Having said that, if it was spent in that manner, he is ultimately responsible for his department, I would think. I don't believe the man is corrupt.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:54 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
HAHAHAHA this is exactly like the cast stone verse, Joe thought he was without sin, so he tossed it and now it came back to hit him square in is head!

I honestly would pray for him to live a looong time till he's busing tables at restaurants, since the illegals will be gone, that should be his job now.
Has Arpaio been locked up for anything? Get back with us when he is, ok?
As for busing tables we have our own Americans that would do that in a heartbeat once the illegals are gone.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:52 AM
Yac

5,881 posts, read 6,309,460 times
10 deleted posts later, I'd like to ask everyone to ignore the trolls and post on topic.
Yac.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:10 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,654,598 times
Default The article, like this thread, is distorted facts...

Apparently you edited the article with a little too much vengeance...

Read a little closer (to this whacko link that you provide), and it mentions the $16 Million was used for salaries that may not have been eligible under the intended designation...It was not spent on trips, nor did it go in anybody's pocket.

I imagine if the link you provided provided more than its own "excerpts" we would understand why this is not all over the news, and he is not being prosecuted by the Justice Department (who wants his head so badly).

Sorry!!!...Try another routine...

Old 12-04-2010, 08:56 AM

301 posts, read 1,159,030 times
Trips to Belize, Honduras, Puerto Rico,.......hmmmm, I guess Sheriff Joe likes Hispanics after all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or