U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2007, 12:38 PM

3,785 posts, read 7,241,893 times

Advertisements

I am puzzled by the unwillingness of the US government to protect our border. Somebody should start asking questions. The President of the US has taken an oath to defend the constitution of the United States. This President has done none of which he swore to do. Instead, he crafted a bill that would have trampled the rights of Americans by giving amnesty to illegal aliens. I can understand why the President of Mexico would push for this amnesty bill because his country depends on illegals to send money back home to support the Mexican economy. But for the US President and some members of the Senate to support anything that would discriminate against Americans and give illegal aliens jobs, health care, and other services that Americans pay for with their tax dollars is simply mind-boggling. Some people say it's because Bush and some law makers are corrupt and controlled by big business and foreign interests. I believe it, but still, how can these Americans be so anti-America, so unpatriotic ? I don't understand what these people are thinking, and I don't think I ever will. As I have said before, I will let them know how unhappy I am with them when I vote.

I read in the newspaper today that a border patrol agent is charged with murder in the death of an illegal alien who was caught invading our country. The President of Mexico sent a letter to Bush demanding an investigation. The result: the border patrol agent is charged with murder because he was doing his job. This President not only shows total disregard for the American people and the Constitution; he now puts border patrol agents at risk. The border is also used drug well-armed drug traffickers to smuggle their drugs into the US. Because they are afraid of being targeted for prosecution, border patrol agents are less likely to use their weapons now -- thus, putting themselves at risk. What is wrong with this President? It's as if he is protecting the interest of Mexico with everything that he does?

Like I said, it's mind-boggling.

Last edited by davidt1; 07-02-2007 at 12:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 12:48 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,350,408 times
Quote:
Like I said, it's mind-boggling.
Yes, it is. And I am outraged. I can't understand the whole reasoning behind the border security issue, nor the illegal alien invasion. I keep hearing (basically) "it's too hard" which makes no sense to me at all. We need to quit whinning and get off our spongy butts and get something done!

Old 07-02-2007, 02:35 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,009,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I am puzzled by the unwillingness of the US government to protect our border.

It's really quite simple. Our government in Washington refuses to secure our border because most of our representatives there don't want it secured.

Democrats don't want it secured because they see illegal immigration as a sure fire way to secure political power in the future. The more illegals that are here today, the more democratic voters they have in the next generation.

Most republicans that support illegal immigration do so because they want the cheap labor for our economy. Add in the fact that most of our elected representatives really don't represent the average American citizen anyway, they choose to represent the corporate campaign dollars that get them reelected, and it become clear that our border will remain open, at least in some way, probably forever.

Most liberals want open borders. Most moderates probably want our border secured, but are willing to offer a path to citizenship for illegals already here. There are exceptions obviously, but for the most part it's only the conservatives that want to protect our border and deport the illegals.

In short, we are going to have open borders until Americans wake up and demand that Washington do something to secure our borders and ports. And if our nations past history is any indication, that won't happen until it's too late to do anything about it.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:37 AM

159 posts, read 727,779 times
I'm outraged Bush commuted Libby's sentence but has completely ignored the
people's will as far as pardoning the border agents Ramos and Compean
for doing their jobs. I'm angry I voted for him twice. He completely ignores
the American people and basically does what he want. I've emailed him...
you can too. comments@whitehouse.gov and vice_president@whitehouse.gov
We want our borders enforced and our agents that were just doing their job trying to aprehend a known drug
smuggler pardoned... they are now serving 12 years.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:34 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,009,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexi View Post
I'm outraged Bush commuted Libby's sentence but has completely ignored the people's will as far as pardoning the border agents Ramos and Compean for doing their jobs. I'm angry I voted for him twice. He completely ignores he American people and basically does what he want. I've emailed him... you can too. comments@whitehouse.gov and vice_president@whitehouse.gov We want our borders enforced and our agents that were just doing their job trying to aprehend a known drug smuggler pardoned... they are now serving 12 years.
I agree. Ramos and Compean should not be in jail. Our border agents have an extremely tough job and they need to know this country has their backs. Putting them in prison was not only the wrong thing to do but it really sends a bad message to other border agents.

Old 07-04-2007, 04:12 PM

159 posts, read 727,779 times
Bush does not want the borders enforced...so he can go on with his grand plan of The North American
Union where Mexico, Canada and the US are all one. Too bad he forgot that should be up to us... and
I'm quite sure the citizens of Canada and the US are against that plan... He's set things up behind American's
backs to line this up .. and I've read that's what happened in Europe with the European Union... all done
quietly behind the European's backs. That's why I think he's bending over to make Mexico happy because
they allready made a deal behind our backs.. to form the "North American Union" so basically in Bush's eye's
there are no illegal alliens.. they are future citizens of our union. Talk about a traitor. I for one will be
counting the days till he's NOT the "Decider" anymore.

Last edited by lexi; 07-04-2007 at 04:24 PM..

Old 07-04-2007, 08:20 PM

11,425 posts, read 16,682,831 times
the two border gaurd are just the tip of the iceberg Sutton has gotten convictions on border patrolmen and Sheriffs in a simular manner

Old 07-04-2007, 10:11 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,696,579 times
Ramos, Compean, Deputy Sheriff Gilmer Hernandez, former Border Patrol Agent, Noe Aleman, Jr., the list goes on and on.

Old 07-07-2007, 02:33 AM

1,903 posts, read 7,169,084 times
Ron Paul is a libertarian (libertarians are often criticized as being weak on law and order), but pledges to secure the borders. Meanwhile, "compassionate conservatism" swirls down the toilet bowl.

I'm really not surprised.

Old 07-08-2007, 02:13 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,696,579 times
Tancredo Renews Call for Border Agent Pardons in Wake of Libby Clemency

Asks Bush to Extend Same Compassion to Ramos, Compean that he Extended to Disgraced Political Ally

(WASHINGTON, D.C.) – U.S. Representative Tom Tancredo (R-CO) issued the following statement regarding Border Patrol Agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean in the wake of the clemency of former Cheney Chief of Staff I. Lewis Libby:

“I believe the President should take it a step further and fully pardon Border Patrol Agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean. The 11 and 12 year sentences they received were grossly unfair and a result of an overzealous prosecutor. Both agents are at risk of violent attacks at their current prison cell locations. In fact, Mr. Ramos has already been brutally assaulted by violent criminals inside his cell. This not only takes a toll on them, but their families as well,” said Tancredo.

President Bush acknowledged the hardship felt by the family of “Scooter” Libby as a reason for his commuted sentence. He also acknowledged the irreparable damage to Mr. Libby's career that resulted from the prosecutorial tactics throughout the course of his case.

Tancredo concluded, “Mr. Ramos, Mr. Compean and their families are, in many ways, in the same situation. And as such, I hope the President will consider providing the same relief to these men and their families that he did yesterday to Mr. Libby.”

Tom Tancredo for President!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or