Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 02:54 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Everyone does NOT have the right to come to America. Who comes up with this stuff?

What happens when a ship is sinking? You sure as hell don't add more people on the ship. The USA is a ship. A god damned SINKING ship and putting more burden/weight on it (people who don't speak English, people who don't have useful skills, people who just want to sit on welfare, third world mentality and cultures) will make us ALL sink.

The sooner people understand this, the better. I don't get why it is such a hard concept to get. There are hardly any jobs for people here now and you want to take all the other countries people? Common sense, people. COMMON SENSE!
The La Raza types would call you a racist for saying that.

You've got the "world citizen" types of marxist leftists that think that anyone should be able to live wherever they want, unless you are from the first world, then you should have to respect the views of other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 03:01 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
The La Raza types would call you a racist for saying that.

You've got the "world citizen" types of marxist leftists that think that anyone should be able to live wherever they want, unless you are from the first world, then you should have to respect the views of other people.
I am a world citizen. I wish the best for everyone in the world. I truly wish that everyone had water to drink and I wish everyone had food. I wish everyone had good shelter and I wish that everyone slept somewhere they felt safe. I truly wish no one was at war with anyone.

But it cannot be at the expense of first world countries. It cannot be at the expense of the USA anymore. And I sound selfish but the only countries I care about are USA and Canada (because they are our neighbors). Everything else, deal with your own issues.

And for the record, I am not against USA helping other countries if OUR COUNTRY IS FINE FIRST. That is vital and necessary. If we were blooming and there was no recession/depression, then by all means. Go help those who need it. But we are so effed up as it is, we simply cannot afford it.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:08 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
If the motto was to be taken literally, why do we have the INS?

Old 09-27-2010, 03:12 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
If the motto was to be taken literally, why do we have the INS?
It's no longer know as the "INS", it's (ICE) Immigration & Costumes Enforcement. You want the phone number, I carry it on me all the time now. just in case

Old 09-27-2010, 03:28 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
It's no longer know as the "INS", it's (ICE) Immigration & Costumes Enforcement. You want the phone number, I carry it on me all the time now. just in case
I stand corrected. The gov't changes name so often, it's hard to keep up.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:35 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I stand corrected. The gov't changes name so often, it's hard to keep up.

That's OK, no one seems to know what's going on anymore

Old 09-27-2010, 03:39 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Apparently belieiving the motto of "Give us your poor, give us your tired, give us your huddled masses wanting to be free" is now a trait of being a "loony liberal"
No, just as long as the liberals are advocating that they come here legally within our alloted quotas.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:42 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

No, just as long as the liberals are advocating that they come here legally within our alloted quotas.
I advocate that. What do I win?

Old 09-27-2010, 03:45 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
wrong. ICE is the enforcement arm of the former INS now known as USCIS - US Customs & Immigration Service.

btw - Costumes enforcement?

Old 09-27-2010, 03:46 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I advocate that. What do I win?
The right not to have to wear the label of "looney liberal".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration