Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 10:51 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You make some very good points. Seems that Mexico and Mexican-Americans youth know they need to work and are going into these lower level jobs, not to say you can't raise higher.

American youth are to busy watching Jersey Shore, American Idol etc... waiting to be discovered or their 15 mins of fame, to even think of starting an entry level jobs.

Infiltrate the system, is a good thing to those who plan on destroying us with our own system.

Wonder if one day people will look at Americans like Americans look at the Romans.
What anti-American nonsense. You stereotype all American youth (except the Hispanic version of course) as lazy a**es who are not willing to work. I find that very offensive. My nephew has beat the streets for months now looking for work and he has noticed how many Spanish speakers occupy these jobs and therefore mono-lingual English speaking Americans are being discriminated against in hiring practices. You really need a reality check instead of drinking the kool-aid that these Hispanic advocacy groups and greedy employers are feeding you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 12:09 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,420,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weenr View Post
Quote:
We are a nation of hypocrites!
We are a nation full of crooked politics run by a facde of wealth. This country is well indebted to China and many other countries, but yet we claim to be one of the wealthiest?
And you make it known that your one of those hypocrites.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:32 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,663,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Please tell me you understand the insanity of this argument?
You tell me.

Its quite clear.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:16 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What anti-American nonsense. You stereotype all American youth (except the Hispanic version of course) as lazy a**es who are not willing to work. I find that very offensive. My nephew has beat the streets for months now looking for work and he has noticed how many Spanish speakers occupy these jobs and therefore mono-lingual English speaking Americans are being discriminated against in hiring practices. You really need a reality check instead of drinking the kool-aid that these Hispanic advocacy groups and greedy employers are feeding you.
Read most of my post and you'll find anything but.........I wasn't stereo-typing American kids. Americans have more opportunity, than most other countries and look who are at the protest..........sorry a bunch of rich kids who haven't had to provide for their selves much. Government workers who retire at 50 and claim the youth need more money. I haven't seen the Hispanic group wasting their time not working, their grabbing our jobs and our country.

No kool-aid here this is reality..............They are grabbing the jobs that those kids joining "Wall Street" won't take. How many languages do you think those kids speak......not to say Americans should speak many, but if it doesn't stop or our kids start taking these courses they will fall behind.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:06 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,263,571 times
I'm an American and I speak several languages. I will tell you why Americans usually speak only English. It's the same reason Australians, Anglophone Canadians, the British, and the Irish speak only English: because it's the dominant language of culture and commerce. Other nationalities learn English out of necessity. They learn other languages, usually not very useful in the global commercial sense, out of necessity and proximity to those languages. Many French people living along the German border also speak some German. Why? Because they hear it a lot. Many Flemish-speaking Belgians also speak French. Why? Because they pretty much have to. Many Indians speak several languages because they live in close proximity to where language communities 'intersect' and there is a lot of intermarriage between linguistic groups.

It isn't because we're lazy or because they're smarter than we are.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Read most of my post and you'll find anything but.........I wasn't stereo-typing American kids. Americans have more opportunity, than most other countries and look who are at the protest..........sorry a bunch of rich kids who haven't had to provide for their selves much. Government workers who retire at 50 and claim the youth need more money. I haven't seen the Hispanic group wasting their time not working, their grabbing our jobs and our country.

No kool-aid here this is reality..............They are grabbing the jobs that those kids joining "Wall Street" won't take. How many languages do you think those kids speak......not to say Americans should speak many, but if it doesn't stop or our kids start taking these courses they will fall behind.
How many rich, spoiled kids do you think we have in this country? Believe me they are in the minority. I am talking about middle income and low income youth who are willing to work and that includes whites and blacks. Hispanics legal or illegal do not hold the corner of the market as hard workers. That is the kool-aid you have been drinking.

I disagree that Americans "should" speak many languages. What for? We have done just fine as a mostly mono-lingual country. Unless one has a job dealing with a foreign country there is no need for that. In fact English is the langauge of commerce across the world. I'd rather our American youth learn a trade than to waste their time learning another language. Of course, the only foreign language being pushed in this country is Spanish. Gee, I wonder why?

Old 10-14-2011, 06:23 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,559,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Will anchor babies take all of Americans Jobs?

Over the years I have noticed a greater & greater increased for Bilingual jobs, schooling etc. All catered to Foreigners & anchor babies. The majority of Americans speak English. Many jobs are advertised to anchor babies and few people who are bilingual.

Most Americans don't have the option from Elementary school to take Spanish or another language as a course every school year to become bilingual. Most if any has to be paid for. Usually its 1 or 2 classes we are allowed to take.

As the trend of illegal immigration continues & more non English speaking people enter this country Illegally will anchor babies take all the jobs?
Michelle Malkin took a good job from an American. She's one example.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:27 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,685,656 times
Suppose a child enters the country from Mexico with his parents, grows up and has children here. Is that your definition of an Anchor baby?

Or a Romney

Old 10-14-2011, 09:19 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
How many rich, spoiled kids do you think we have in this country? Believe me they are in the minority. I am talking about middle income and low income youth who are willing to work and that includes whites and blacks. Hispanics legal or illegal do not hold the corner of the market as hard workers. That is the kool-aid you have been drinking.
Can you tell me why, when you drive by an orchard, dairy farm, farm fields you see more Chinese or Mexicans, than you do whites or blacks. I'm not sticking up for a culture or race. I'm just pointing out Americans have set their standards too high when they come out of high school or college and refuse to work for minimum wage. Some blacks feel they can't get ahead. If our youth where taking more of these above jobs, there wouldn't be work for the migrant worker, who is usually illegal.

I'm saying kids need to not be so picky!! By the way this has got to be the most "ME" generation we have ever seen, money or no money, a lot of kids think they shouldn't have to work.

Quote:
I disagree that Americans "should" speak many languages. What for? We have done just fine as a mostly mono-lingual country. Unless one has a job dealing with a foreign country there is no need for that. In fact English is the language of commerce across the world. I'd rather our American youth learn a trade than to waste their time learning another language. Of course, the only foreign language being pushed in this country is Spanish. Gee, I wonder why?
I should have said kids might want to learn Mandrian Chinese or Spanish, if they want to compete, in this new job world the American government is creating for us. Have you been asleep, Asians have taken over customer service jobs, many construction, landscaping,hotels, trades are hiring people mostly Spanish speaking. Hospitals even provide someone to interpret, I don't see our country refusing all service to non-speaking English people.
It's about communicating with others to be able to compete for the job. I've heard even lawyers and para-legals are having to learn Spanish. One said due to all the criminal activity, so they can talk to there clients. I'm not pushing Spanish, it's being pushed on us.

Not sure the last time you picked up an application, but it does ask if you speak Spanish, that it's helpful, if you do. I don't like it, but I guess if you want a job in the future, it might be what it takes. I'm all for stopping it, where do I sign up??

What your not seeing is your child/grand-child could run a job and not be bottom of the totem pole. My son learned that working one summer on a golf course. He never took a class in Spanish, he has worked around the Mexicans enough they taught him. The following summer he was head of the crew and they were working for him and making better wages.

Our politicians, have no intention of stopping this mess and it's better to be using your brain and running the job, then one doing physical hard labor.

By the way in my first posting, you didn't catch me saying, that this is a part of some Mexican's plan, to infiltrate our system and use it against us, just like Al Queda.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Can you tell me why, when you drive by an orchard, dairy farm, farm fields you see more Chinese or Mexicans, than you do whites or blacks. I'm not sticking up for a culture or race. I'm just pointing out Americans have set their standards too high when they come out of high school or college and refuse to work for minimum wage. Some blacks feel they can't get ahead. If our youth where taking more of these above jobs, there wouldn't be work for the migrant worker, who is usually illegal.

I'm saying kids need to not be so picky!! By the way this has got to be the most "ME" generation we have ever seen, money or no money, a lot of kids think they shouldn't have to work.

I should have said kids might want to learn Mandrian Chinese or Spanish, if they want to compete, in this new job world the American government is creating for us. Have you been asleep, Asians have taken over customer service jobs, many construction, landscaping,hotels, trades are hiring people mostly Spanish speaking. Hospitals even provide someone to interpret, I don't see our country refusing all service to non-speaking English people.
It's about communicating with others to be able to compete for the job. I've heard even lawyers and para-legals are having to learn Spanish. One said due to all the criminal activity, so they can talk to there clients. I'm not pushing Spanish, it's being pushed on us.

Not sure the last time you picked up an application, but it does ask if you speak Spanish, that it's helpful, if you do. I don't like it, but I guess if you want a job in the future, it might be what it takes. I'm all for stopping it, where do I sign up??

What your not seeing is your child/grand-child could run a job and not be bottom of the totem pole. My son learned that working one summer on a golf course. He never took a class in Spanish, he has worked around the Mexicans enough they taught him. The following summer he was head of the crew and they were working for him and making better wages.

Our politicians, have no intention of stopping this mess and it's better to be using your brain and running the job, then one doing physical hard labor.

By the way in my first posting, you didn't catch me saying, that this is a part of some Mexican's plan, to infiltrate our system and use it against us, just like Al Queda.
The reason you might see more minorities working the fields (and mostly Hispanics) is because many of them are here illegally and work cheap. Come on you know that. Americans value education and a middle class life style. Crop picking doesn't provide that and it is the kind of work where the body breaks down fast. It isn't a career job. Why in the world would a college educated person pick crops at minimum wage? Kind of a waste of thousand of dollars for college and the chosen field that have studied for, isn't it?

Much of our youth don't live in rural areas. They live in the cities. You are being unrealistic to expect them to drive long distances to pick crops. There is no need for illegals where American workers can't be found to pick crops. How many times do I have to repeat that their are unlimted H-2A visas for that?

As for having to speak a language other than English to get a job in this country it is nearly always about Spanish. How many jobs have you seen in the paper that say must be able to speak Chinese? Only perhaps if it is in an ethnic business neighborhood. Spanish is being required simply because of the number of Spanish speakers here illegally. Most Hispanic-Americans are bi-lingual and know how to speak English. I resent Americans having to learn Spanish to cater to illegal aliens and therefore being discriminated against in hiring practices. Why doesn't that bother you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration