U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 07:56 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times

Advertisements

The News' poll showed clear breaks between Republicans (78 percent favoring it) and Democrats (71 percent opposing it), and Hispanics (76 percent opposing) and whites (68 percent favoring). Blum & Weprin Associates conducted the telephone poll of 1,072 registered voters Sept. 15-22 for five major Texas newspapers. The margin of error is plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Texans favor illegal immigration crackdown up to a point | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Texas Politics | The Dallas Morning News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 08:02 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,182,881 times
Texas is also one of those states where college tuition for illegal aliens if subsidized by the Texan taxpayer and they pay in-state rates thanks to the Noriega Bill. I think every Hispanic that supports illegal immigration, must be investigated for possibly harboring illegal aliens.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:27 PM

432 posts, read 769,018 times
Eh Texas is my home state and the place I love. Sadly Illegals is one thing we got wrong. Due to large % of states population being Hispanic nothing will be done. Unless its from the federal level which wont be happening anytime soon.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:32 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSA View Post
Eh Texas is my home state and the place I love. Sadly Illegals is one thing we got wrong. Due to large % of states population being Hispanic nothing will be done. Unless its from the federal level which wont be happening anytime soon.
Funny how the pro-illegals say we anti's are making it about race but the results of the poll and your own admission that Hispanics overwhelming don't want crackdowns on illegal immigration is pretty much a tell all that it is very much about race to THEM.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:53 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,093,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Texas is also one of those states where college tuition for illegal aliens if subsidized by the Texan taxpayer and they pay in-state rates thanks to the Noriega Bill. I think every Hispanic that supports illegal immigration, must be investigated for possibly harboring illegal aliens.
I think it was that famous "Hispanic" Ricardo Perry that is in favor of this measure. Do you Texans want "Ricardo" investigated?

Old 09-30-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I think it was that famous "Hispanic" Ricardo Perry that is in favor of this measure. Do you Texans want "Ricardo" investigated?
Oh yes. I've made posts referring to Rick Perry as a hispanderer. Another liberal fail. And yes, we also know Bush is a big-time hispanderer as well

Old 09-30-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Oh yes. I've made posts referring to Rick Perry as a hispanderer. Another liberal fail. And yes, we also know Bush is a big-time hispanderer as well
Hard not to be a Hispanderer in Texas...Texas is full of Hispanderers. Cant throw a rock in texas without hitting a Hispanderer.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Hard not to be a Hispanderer in Texas...Texas is full of Hispanderers. Cant throw a rock in texas without hitting a Hispanderer.
Then you know what that means? We need to stop the flow of immigrants from Latin America, and from the wider 3rd world, both legal and illegal

Old 09-30-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Then you know what that means? We need to stop the flow of immigrants from Latin America, and from the wider 3rd world, both legal and illegal
Then please englinghten me, how does simply voting liberals out of office accomplish this?

If the Congress were solid conservitive as well as the next President, How and by what method, would the border be any more secure or less porious?

Old 09-30-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Then please englinghten me, how does simply voting liberals out of office accomplish this?

If the Congress were solid conservitive as well as the next President, How and by what method, would the border be any more secure or less porious?
Because REAL conservatives (read: REAL. not fake like Bush, Perry, McCain, et. al.) would be for NATIONAL defense, not international offense, and real conservatives are for preserving American sovereignty whereas liberals want us to be good global citizens and to break down our cultural, language, and national borders to be "accepting" of everyone else. If we kicked the un-American liberals out that want to dilute this country and sell us off to the U.N. under the guise of being good global citizens, this country would be saved. Liberals from the Democrats and the Republicans are tearing this country inside and out, and the "useful idiots" like you support the elite stomping all over you all so you can feel warm and fuzzy inside that you don't want people to confuse you with those awful, racist, xenophobic, bigoted rural Republicans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration