U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 08:05 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I know, but it's mighty convenient for them isn't it? Shouldn't they have to just pick ONE legal name in this country? It's not OUR tradition to have multiple surnames and our systems are set up for ONE surname, anything else (unless you're hispanic) is known as an ALIAS.
It is a cultural thing with them and like anything else that we ask them to assimilate to in this country it would be viewed as racist to make them comply.

I worked in the public sector before I retired and it wasn't unusual for them to have 3 surnames on their driver's licences. Never could figure out what the third one was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 03:26 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,972,991 times
My GOD - does it GET any more disgusting than this?

Quote:
But the that's-so-Gloria moment of the news conference came when she called Nicky, "The courageous Rosa Parks" of the Latino community
Please excuse my dry retching in the background as I post this.............

Nicky Diaz Santillan | TMZ.com

Old 09-30-2010, 03:39 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Quote:

Give me a friggin’ break! This criminal is hardly the “courageous Rosa Parks of the Hispanic community.” Rosa Parks was not a lying, cheating, stealing interloper. She was a U.S. citizen fighting for equality in HER country. Let Nicky, the fraud, return to Mexico and fight for her rights.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:03 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,021,619 times
Has anybody called the ICE office yet?

Old 09-30-2010, 05:09 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,327,718 times
This stuff does get so old, someone not here legally, trying to bleed our system dry, does it not get old very quickly. The nerve of some of them, thinking that we or someone owes them, we owe them nothing.Sounds like the old gal was using Whitman, does it not.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:16 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:

I have barf bags for both of us.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:36 PM

304 posts, read 343,143 times
Let me see, "Nicky" used her sisters driver's license and social security card and fraudulently filled out the I9 to get the job that paid her $23./hr for 9 years but "Nicky" claims she was used and abused as an employee? She needs to be charged with a felony and deported immediately. This should be an open and shut case.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:30 AM

216 posts, read 198,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBorn View Post
Let me see, "Nicky" used her sisters driver's license and social security card and fraudulently filled out the I9 to get the job that paid her $23./hr for 9 years but "Nicky" claims she was used and abused as an employee? She needs to be charged with a felony and deported immediately. This should be an open and shut case.
Ditto, and more barf bags please.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:37 AM

6,611 posts, read 10,972,991 times
But she can't be deported - she has 2 USC babies AND she's a non volent criminal

Old 10-06-2010, 12:59 PM

9,476 posts, read 7,633,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBorn View Post
And Gloria Allred is suing for a few bucks in back pay for "unreinbursed auto expenses". Pay her the $20 at the border when she is dropped off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration