U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-30-2010, 12:50 PM
 
86 posts, read 203,543 times
Reputation: 40

Advertisements

Why oh why?????

What I have just learned is that PA will be losing one congressional seat in congress, which will suck BIG TIME, as less federal money will be sent to the Keystone State.

But PA isn't the only state losing a congressional seat. According to the link I'm about to show, here are the gainers and the losers in congress:

ISS - Growing Clout: South to gain more Congressional seats than earlier projected

Southern states to gain seats after 2010 census - Washington Times

gainers

Texas = +4

Florida = +2

Georgia = +1

South Carolina = +1

North Carolina = +1

Nevada = +1

Utah = +1

Arizona = +1

Washington = +1

With the gainers, I can understand the case w/ western and southwestern states like WA, NV, and AZ, as CA has seen a major exodus of residents due to skyrocketing taxes and services, as well as growing gang-related crime associated w/ illegal immigration, but the southwestern states like NV, AZ, and UT have been illegally boosting their populations by allowing illegal aliens to live and work in their respective states and get illegally counted with the census (This is also true w/ CA and TX). This has resulted in artificially inflated numbers for those states, as well as TX, which will get the biggest amount of seats if illegals are counted with the 2010 census. The same for NC, SC, and GA, which has also used illegal labor within their states due to the rapid influx of illegal aliens within the respective states. FL might be a special case in that much of the growth comes from the northern states due to retirees coming from NY, PA, and NJ and also mostly immigration coming from the Caribbean (Cuba, Puerto Rico, Haiti, etc.), South America (Colombia, Venezuela, etc.) and Central America (Nicaragua). There might be some illegal immigration, but compared to the massive Cuban and Puerto Rican populations down in FL, it might be minuscule, comparing it more to NY, PA, and NJ in terms of immigration, than to TX and the West Coast.

losers

Massachusetts = -1

New York = -1 (possibly -2)

Pennsylvania = -1

Ohio = -2

Michigan = -1

Illinois = -1

Missouri = -1

Iowa = -1

Louisiana = -1

California = -1

I'm not surprised that CA is losing one seat (due to the rising taxes, gang-related crime, expensive services, high cost of living, and the massive migration caused by the subprime crisis) since they overinflated their population w/ illegal immigration, as well as OH (stagnation due to low population growth and shriveling economy), MI (same as OH), and even LA (ditto!!!!!), but the fact that PA and NY will lose a seat (possible two for NY) is nerve-wrecking IMHO!!!

According to certain estimates, there's about 17 M illegal aliens living among our borders, and most of them are living with either the west/southwest portions, Texas, and parts of the South. The northern states (with maybe the exception of IL, which has a huge Mexican population, and probably suspect of having illegal aliens) don't really have a huge problem w/ illegal immigration like the border states do. As for PA, we have about 19 congressman, and by the end of 2010, we'll lose one seat, leaving us w/ 18 congressman. The current US population for 2010 is 310,362,000, but if you subtract 17M illegal aliens from this country's population, it leaves us w/ 293,362,000. Since we have 435 congressmen within the House of Representatives, these are the totals that I got doing my calculations, all are average numbers:

2010 congressional district w/ illegal aliens: 713,476

2010 congressional district w/o illegal aliens: 674,395

2010 PA congressional district w/ illegal aliens: 700,222 (lose one seat)

2010 PA congressional district w/o illegal aliens: 663,368 (keep one seat)

2010 NY congressional district w/ illegal aliens: 697,909 (lose one seat)

2010 NY congressional district w/o illegal aliens: 673,843 (keep one seat)

I'd like to add MA since it's very similar to NY and PA due to social and even political characteristics:

2010 MA congressional district w/ illegal aliens: 659,358 (keep one seat)

2010 MA congressional district w/o illegal aliens: 732,621 (lose one seat)

Our population within the state, as well as the US, has grown considerably, although not as fast as states like FL, but PA has seen growth, especially in the Lehigh Valley and the Poconos, as well as within Philadelphia, and I'm hearing that Pittsburgh's population decline has stopped and the economy is doing better, which might mean that there is some growth, but only within Pittsburgh (not sure about the rest of Allegheny County). The eastern part of the state has seen tremendous growth, due to a combination of former NY and NJ residents moving here and immigrants (largely Latino, but also Asians and Caribbeans), while the western portion of the state (especially Pittsburgh and Allegheny County) needs help in that department. But seriously, this is a major reflection about the country's opinion of Obama.

Many voters (especially in NE OH and W PA), who have lost their jobs due to outsourcing and cost-cutting by the corporations (USX, GM, etc.) are angry at Obama, but they should really be angry at the Republican party for allowing those jobs to head out overseas since although Clinton was the one who allowed NAFTA and CAFTA to be signed into law, the Bush administration really messed OH big time by allowing tax cuts for those corporations, while at the same time letting American jobs go to Mexico and Central America via NAFTA and CAFTA, raising taxes on the working class, and spending TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS ANNUALLY ON IRAQ!!!!!!!
This resulted in less money on schools, parks, healthcare, and even job creation for America. It also resulted in the worse financial disaster the country has ever seen (subprime crisis) and the worse war we've ever been into (IRAQ!!!). I personally feel that so far, Obama is doing the right things w/ healthcare, the financial industry, college tuition aid, and ending the war in Iraq, but he needs to bring back jobs, and let the corporations that while they do have the right to make money and make a profit, know that he's not putting up any bullcrap when it comes to American workers, and he needs to get with unions and make sure that reasonable wages are being met not just to benefit the American worker, but all of America. In other words, Obama needs to get rid of NAFTA and CAFTA and allow manufacturing to flourish since America CANNOT just become a service and high-tech economy ALONE!!!

But my major concern is that even though PA, as well as NY, NJ, and MA (although I believe that it's going to turn more Republican in the future within the federal and state ranks since Democrats in that state make up slightly over 50%, it's really mostly independents and GOPers, as the Scott Brown election is proof!!!), has considerably grown, illegal immigration will wipe out each of our representation, one by one. New York and Boston, which are both considered "sanctuary cities" might as well reconsider being one since redistricting won't benefit their states, anyway. This is why Obama needs to not just be tough on illegal immigration, but also force the employers who use illegal aliens as cheap labor huge fines, as it's driving up the employment rates all across America, and Democrats need to raise their voices, because liberal Democrats aren't helping by allowing illegal aliens to stay by promising amnesty and free benefits, which will kill the Democratic party in the midterm elections. We're going to have to be a little tougher w/ this issue!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-30-2010, 05:54 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,112,973 times
Reputation: 11576
I'm pretty angry too because I live in PA that we're losing our seat thanks to the almost 20 million illegals living in Texas and the southwest.

But, can I please mention, PUERTO RICANS ARE NOT IMMIGRANTS. I am not an immigrant! Thank you and I hope you can take Puerto Rico out of your otherwise excellent post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2010, 05:59 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
This is just one of the reasons why illegals should not be counted in the census.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2010, 07:16 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,583,040 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
This is just one of the reasons why illegals should not be counted in the census.
Yep, everyone saw this coming though and it really isn't fair because they plead to their politicians and you got groups like La Raza that are always in politicians faces looking for help, so they got more Congressmen people in their corner.

The politicians in Washington knew this though, but yet, they still voted to not make legal status matter in the Census. Yes, the Census is for ALL residents, but people who are here undocumented shouldn't be allowed to throw these numbers off. By that logic, any group could take over because of their numbers.

Oh, many Hispanic groups were throwing campaigns and doing their best to get their fellow Hispanics to turn in their Census form. You had people going door-to-door or doing community events to remind undocumented people that it is not legal for the US government to deport them if they feel out a Census form. The corruption and shananigans are bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2010, 08:03 PM
 
Location: texas
155 posts, read 146,202 times
Reputation: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
Why oh why?????

What I have just learned is that PA will be losing one congressional seat in congress, which will suck BIG TIME, as less federal money will be sent to the Keystone State.

But PA isn't the only state losing a congressional seat. According to the link I'm about to show, here are the gainers and the losers in congress:

ISS - Growing Clout: South to gain more Congressional seats than earlier projected

Southern states to gain seats after 2010 census - Washington Times

gainers

Texas = +4

Florida = +2

Georgia = +1

South Carolina = +1

North Carolina = +1

Nevada = +1

Utah = +1

Arizona = +1

Washington = +1

With the gainers, I can understand the case w/ western and southwestern states like WA, NV, and AZ, as CA has seen a major exodus of residents due to skyrocketing taxes and services, as well as growing gang-related crime associated w/ illegal immigration, but the southwestern states like NV, AZ, and UT have been illegally boosting their populations by allowing illegal aliens to live and work in their respective states and get illegally counted with the census (This is also true w/ CA and TX). This has resulted in artificially inflated numbers for those states, as well as TX, which will get the biggest amount of seats if illegals are counted with the 2010 census. The same for NC, SC, and GA, which has also used illegal labor within their states due to the rapid influx of illegal aliens within the respective states. FL might be a special case in that much of the growth comes from the northern states due to retirees coming from NY, PA, and NJ and also mostly immigration coming from the Caribbean (Cuba, Puerto Rico, Haiti, etc.), South America (Colombia, Venezuela, etc.) and Central America (Nicaragua). There might be some illegal immigration, but compared to the massive Cuban and Puerto Rican populations down in FL, it might be minuscule, comparing it more to NY, PA, and NJ in terms of immigration, than to TX and the West Coast.

losers

Massachusetts = -1

New York = -1 (possibly -2)

Pennsylvania = -1

Ohio = -2

Michigan = -1

Illinois = -1

Missouri = -1

Iowa = -1

Louisiana = -1

California = -1

I'm not surprised that CA is losing one seat (due to the rising taxes, gang-related crime, expensive services, high cost of living, and the massive migration caused by the subprime crisis) since they overinflated their population w/ illegal immigration, as well as OH (stagnation due to low population growth and shriveling economy), MI (same as OH), and even LA (ditto!!!!!), but the fact that PA and NY will lose a seat (possible two for NY) is nerve-wrecking IMHO!!!

According to certain estimates, there's about 17 M illegal aliens living among our borders, and most of them are living with either the west/southwest portions, Texas, and parts of the South. The northern states (with maybe the exception of IL, which has a huge Mexican population, and probably suspect of having illegal aliens) don't really have a huge problem w/ illegal immigration like the border states do. As for PA, we have about 19 congressman, and by the end of 2010, we'll lose one seat, leaving us w/ 18 congressman. The current US population for 2010 is 310,362,000, but if you subtract 17M illegal aliens from this country's population, it leaves us w/ 293,362,000. Since we have 435 congressmen within the House of Representatives, these are the totals that I got doing my calculations, all are average numbers:

2010 congressional district w/ illegal aliens: 713,476

2010 congressional district w/o illegal aliens: 674,395

2010 PA congressional district w/ illegal aliens: 700,222 (lose one seat)

2010 PA congressional district w/o illegal aliens: 663,368 (keep one seat)

2010 NY congressional district w/ illegal aliens: 697,909 (lose one seat)

2010 NY congressional district w/o illegal aliens: 673,843 (keep one seat)

I'd like to add MA since it's very similar to NY and PA due to social and even political characteristics:

2010 MA congressional district w/ illegal aliens: 659,358 (keep one seat)

2010 MA congressional district w/o illegal aliens: 732,621 (lose one seat)

Our population within the state, as well as the US, has grown considerably, although not as fast as states like FL, but PA has seen growth, especially in the Lehigh Valley and the Poconos, as well as within Philadelphia, and I'm hearing that Pittsburgh's population decline has stopped and the economy is doing better, which might mean that there is some growth, but only within Pittsburgh (not sure about the rest of Allegheny County). The eastern part of the state has seen tremendous growth, due to a combination of former NY and NJ residents moving here and immigrants (largely Latino, but also Asians and Caribbeans), while the western portion of the state (especially Pittsburgh and Allegheny County) needs help in that department. But seriously, this is a major reflection about the country's opinion of Obama.

Many voters (especially in NE OH and W PA), who have lost their jobs due to outsourcing and cost-cutting by the corporations (USX, GM, etc.) are angry at Obama, but they should really be angry at the Republican party for allowing those jobs to head out overseas since although Clinton was the one who allowed NAFTA and CAFTA to be signed into law, the Bush administration really messed OH big time by allowing tax cuts for those corporations, while at the same time letting American jobs go to Mexico and Central America via NAFTA and CAFTA, raising taxes on the working class, and spending TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS ANNUALLY ON IRAQ!!!!!!!
This resulted in less money on schools, parks, healthcare, and even job creation for America. It also resulted in the worse financial disaster the country has ever seen (subprime crisis) and the worse war we've ever been into (IRAQ!!!). I personally feel that so far, Obama is doing the right things w/ healthcare, the financial industry, college tuition aid, and ending the war in Iraq, but he needs to bring back jobs, and let the corporations that while they do have the right to make money and make a profit, know that he's not putting up any bullcrap when it comes to American workers, and he needs to get with unions and make sure that reasonable wages are being met not just to benefit the American worker, but all of America. In other words, Obama needs to get rid of NAFTA and CAFTA and allow manufacturing to flourish since America CANNOT just become a service and high-tech economy ALONE!!!

But my major concern is that even though PA, as well as NY, NJ, and MA (although I believe that it's going to turn more Republican in the future within the federal and state ranks since Democrats in that state make up slightly over 50%, it's really mostly independents and GOPers, as the Scott Brown election is proof!!!), has considerably grown, illegal immigration will wipe out each of our representation, one by one. New York and Boston, which are both considered "sanctuary cities" might as well reconsider being one since redistricting won't benefit their states, anyway. This is why Obama needs to not just be tough on illegal immigration, but also force the employers who use illegal aliens as cheap labor huge fines, as it's driving up the employment rates all across America, and Democrats need to raise their voices, because liberal Democrats aren't helping by allowing illegal aliens to stay by promising amnesty and free benefits, which will kill the Democratic party in the midterm elections. We're going to have to be a little tougher w/ this issue!!!
lets see where can I start? then those states you have mention that have gain the biggest winner is texas correct? well lets compare
Mighty Texas, to minnie me pennsylvania
GDP( GROSS DOMESTI PRODUCT)
1992 273.513 billion
2009 546.282 billion (pennsylvania) an increase of 99.72%

1992 422.09 billion
2009 1,207.99 billion (texas) an increase of 186.19%

welfare budget
1992 6.31 billion (2.3%) of pennsylvanias gdp
2009 11.47 billion (2.09%) of pennslvanias gdp

1992 5.86 billion (1.38%) texas gdp
2009 17.15 billion (1.41%) texas gdp

pension
1992 2.14 billion (0.78%) of pennsylvanias gdp
2009 9.37 billion (1.71%) of pennsylvanias gdp

1992 1.92 billion (0.45%) of texas gdp
2009 10.29 billion (0.83%) of texas gdp

public debt ratio to its gdp
1992 48.08 billion (17.57%) of its gdp pennsylvania
2009 127.78 billion (23.39%) of its gdp pennsylvania

1992 65.36 billion (15.48%) of its gdp texas
2009 235.75 billion (19.51%) of its gdp texas

protection (law enforcement)
1992 3.48 billion (1.27%) of pennsylvanias gdp
2009 8.92 billion (1.63%) of pennsylvanias gdp

1992 5.86 billion (1.38%) of texas gdp
2009 17.15 billion (1.41%) of texas gdp

after doing all the comparisons regarding one of the losers in losing a congressional seat to one of the biggest winners,

THEN WE SHOULD ALL BE DOING TEXAS RECIPE WOULD YOU NOT AGREE?

but I am pretty sure that you would not agree on texas philishophy correct? I choose every subject regarding economical effects regardin illegal immigration and by the way things are I can assume that by statistics and math, texas is ina better shape than pennsylvania.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2010, 08:04 PM
 
Location: texas
155 posts, read 146,202 times
Reputation: 23
Federal State Local Public Spending United States 2010 - Charts Tables History

here is the website were you can verify my numbers thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2010, 08:36 PM
 
Location: texas
155 posts, read 146,202 times
Reputation: 23
another quick statistic
since where seeing the way the house of representatives is being
run (and that is that it can never go beyond 435 and it has to be distributed by every new census)
heres my humble opinion,
State Military Recruitment Rates | National Priorities Project (http://www.nationalpriorities.org/State+Military+Recruitment+Rates - broken link)
in 2004
they were 156,261 recruits in americas armed forces
of those 15,594 were from texas or 9.97% of the total new conscripts
and 5,756 were from pennsylvania or 3.68% of the total new conscripts
imagine if we divided the 435 congressional seats based on their
support of our national interests?

texas would have 43 congressional seats instead of its 32 current seats
and pennsylvania would have lets see ? 16 instead of its alarming 19 congressional seats.

could we say texas based on population is more patriotic? more caring about our well of being? then should they not have more representation in congress then pennsylvania?
State Military Recruitment Rates | National Priorities Project (http://www.nationalpriorities.org/State+Military+Recruitment+Rates - broken link)

Last edited by inturbide1981; 09-30-2010 at 08:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2010, 08:53 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,583,040 times
Reputation: 1270
LOL You don't have to quote that LONG first post you know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2010, 08:59 PM
 
Location: texas
155 posts, read 146,202 times
Reputation: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
LOL You don't have to quote that LONG first post you know?
thanks, I guess I do it because I know that eventually a lot of the people in here criticized anything regarding my responses
either being my grammer, or not quoting the right idea,
you get the picture
well I am glad that either you read my response or simple laughed at my
stupidity in concentrating the train of thought for the individuals reading my previos quoting.

but things for saying something about it, should we continue with the conversation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2010, 08:18 PM
 
1,162 posts, read 1,843,324 times
Reputation: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
Why oh why?????

What I have just learned is that PA will be losing one congressional seat in congress, which will suck BIG TIME, as less federal money will be sent to the Keystone State.

But PA isn't the only state losing a congressional seat. According to the link I'm about to show, here are the gainers and the losers in congress:

ISS - Growing Clout: South to gain more Congressional seats than earlier projected

Southern states to gain seats after 2010 census - Washington Times

gainers

Texas = +4

Florida = +2

Georgia = +1

South Carolina = +1

North Carolina = +1

Nevada = +1

Utah = +1

Arizona = +1

Washington = +1

With the gainers, I can understand the case w/ western and southwestern states like WA, NV, and AZ, as CA has seen a major exodus of residents due to skyrocketing taxes and services, as well as growing gang-related crime associated w/ illegal immigration, but the southwestern states like NV, AZ, and UT have been illegally boosting their populations by allowing illegal aliens to live and work in their respective states and get illegally counted with the census (This is also true w/ CA and TX). This has resulted in artificially inflated numbers for those states, as well as TX, which will get the biggest amount of seats if illegals are counted with the 2010 census. The same for NC, SC, and GA, which has also used illegal labor within their states due to the rapid influx of illegal aliens within the respective states. FL might be a special case in that much of the growth comes from the northern states due to retirees coming from NY, PA, and NJ and also mostly immigration coming from the Caribbean (Cuba, Puerto Rico, Haiti, etc.), South America (Colombia, Venezuela, etc.) and Central America (Nicaragua). There might be some illegal immigration, but compared to the massive Cuban and Puerto Rican populations down in FL, it might be minuscule, comparing it more to NY, PA, and NJ in terms of immigration, than to TX and the West Coast.

losers

Massachusetts = -1

New York = -1 (possibly -2)

Pennsylvania = -1

Ohio = -2

Michigan = -1

Illinois = -1

Missouri = -1

Iowa = -1

Louisiana = -1

California = -1

I'm not surprised that CA is losing one seat (due to the rising taxes, gang-related crime, expensive services, high cost of living, and the massive migration caused by the subprime crisis) since they overinflated their population w/ illegal immigration, as well as OH (stagnation due to low population growth and shriveling economy), MI (same as OH), and even LA (ditto!!!!!), but the fact that PA and NY will lose a seat (possible two for NY) is nerve-wrecking IMHO!!!

According to certain estimates, there's about 17 M illegal aliens living among our borders, and most of them are living with either the west/southwest portions, Texas, and parts of the South. The northern states (with maybe the exception of IL, which has a huge Mexican population, and probably suspect of having illegal aliens) don't really have a huge problem w/ illegal immigration like the border states do. As for PA, we have about 19 congressman, and by the end of 2010, we'll lose one seat, leaving us w/ 18 congressman. The current US population for 2010 is 310,362,000, but if you subtract 17M illegal aliens from this country's population, it leaves us w/ 293,362,000. Since we have 435 congressmen within the House of Representatives, these are the totals that I got doing my calculations, all are average numbers:

2010 congressional district w/ illegal aliens: 713,476

2010 congressional district w/o illegal aliens: 674,395

2010 PA congressional district w/ illegal aliens: 700,222 (lose one seat)

2010 PA congressional district w/o illegal aliens: 663,368 (keep one seat)

2010 NY congressional district w/ illegal aliens: 697,909 (lose one seat)

2010 NY congressional district w/o illegal aliens: 673,843 (keep one seat)

I'd like to add MA since it's very similar to NY and PA due to social and even political characteristics:

2010 MA congressional district w/ illegal aliens: 659,358 (keep one seat)

2010 MA congressional district w/o illegal aliens: 732,621 (lose one seat)

Our population within the state, as well as the US, has grown considerably, although not as fast as states like FL, but PA has seen growth, especially in the Lehigh Valley and the Poconos, as well as within Philadelphia, and I'm hearing that Pittsburgh's population decline has stopped and the economy is doing better, which might mean that there is some growth, but only within Pittsburgh (not sure about the rest of Allegheny County). The eastern part of the state has seen tremendous growth, due to a combination of former NY and NJ residents moving here and immigrants (largely Latino, but also Asians and Caribbeans), while the western portion of the state (especially Pittsburgh and Allegheny County) needs help in that department. But seriously, this is a major reflection about the country's opinion of Obama.

Many voters (especially in NE OH and W PA), who have lost their jobs due to outsourcing and cost-cutting by the corporations (USX, GM, etc.) are angry at Obama, but they should really be angry at the Republican party for allowing those jobs to head out overseas since although Clinton was the one who allowed NAFTA and CAFTA to be signed into law, the Bush administration really messed OH big time by allowing tax cuts for those corporations, while at the same time letting American jobs go to Mexico and Central America via NAFTA and CAFTA, raising taxes on the working class, and spending TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS ANNUALLY ON IRAQ!!!!!!!
This resulted in less money on schools, parks, healthcare, and even job creation for America. It also resulted in the worse financial disaster the country has ever seen (subprime crisis) and the worse war we've ever been into (IRAQ!!!). I personally feel that so far, Obama is doing the right things w/ healthcare, the financial industry, college tuition aid, and ending the war in Iraq, but he needs to bring back jobs, and let the corporations that while they do have the right to make money and make a profit, know that he's not putting up any bullcrap when it comes to American workers, and he needs to get with unions and make sure that reasonable wages are being met not just to benefit the American worker, but all of America. In other words, Obama needs to get rid of NAFTA and CAFTA and allow manufacturing to flourish since America CANNOT just become a service and high-tech economy ALONE!!!

But my major concern is that even though PA, as well as NY, NJ, and MA (although I believe that it's going to turn more Republican in the future within the federal and state ranks since Democrats in that state make up slightly over 50%, it's really mostly independents and GOPers, as the Scott Brown election is proof!!!), has considerably grown, illegal immigration will wipe out each of our representation, one by one. New York and Boston, which are both considered "sanctuary cities" might as well reconsider being one since redistricting won't benefit their states, anyway. This is why Obama needs to not just be tough on illegal immigration, but also force the employers who use illegal aliens as cheap labor huge fines, as it's driving up the employment rates all across America, and Democrats need to raise their voices, because liberal Democrats aren't helping by allowing illegal aliens to stay by promising amnesty and free benefits, which will kill the Democratic party in the midterm elections. We're going to have to be a little tougher w/ this issue!!!
I have to disagree with you about the southern states...northerners are moving to the Carolinas in droves (myself included). Even Floridians are moving there. Only a couple of years ago there were more people moving out of Florida than were moving in (first time in history). I would think more illeagals are moving there and forcing many out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top