U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 12:51 PM

34,990 posts, read 34,067,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
As I pointed out in a previous post on the first page, Murdoch has both sides covered. he has the right-wing covered with FNC and FBN, and he has the left-wing covered with 20th Century Fox that produces movies and TV shows. To him the Fox News market is just...another market
Um no, I don't recall him ever commenting on subversive subtexts in The Simpsons. He is involved personally with the news arm, though.

As for the rest of the Murdoch entertainment product,they all seem fine with any klass act that will attract their audience. And they do know their audience. Compare to Paley's CBS in the early decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 12:51 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,371,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Murdoch personally has always tended to lean towards the conservative side (I think some may get confused that the "conservative" party in Australia is called the Liberal party) , but as I said that doesn't stop him supporting whichever serves his interests best at any given time.
I think he's a conservative as well at heart, but he is also a businessman, and like successful businessmen do, you expand your market. Hence why his News Corp. plays both sides. Which is how you end up with conservative Fox News and liberals like Wanda Sykes both employed by his company

Old 10-01-2010, 12:53 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,918,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It is interesting, especially regarding the reactions of anti-amnesty Fox zombies, ah, viewers. I wonder if many will wake up and start observing the many subtle and overt ways propaganda messages are delivered. Hope so. Great C-SPAN link!
Quote:
As I pointed out in a previous post on the first page, Murdoch has both sides covered. he has the right-wing covered with FNC and FBN, and he has the left-wing covered with 20th Century Fox that produces movies and TV shows. To him the Fox News market is just...another market
They’re ALL just one big propaganda machine, which is why I don’t defend the right or the left. They feign dissension to keep the sheeple at each other’s throats, while they sip cocktails together, and give each other high-fives. We are mere pawns in their game.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:56 PM

6,611 posts, read 11,029,839 times
Well as far I'm concerned - "law abiding illegals" is just another meaningless euphemism along the lines of "undocumented American" - no such animal exists, except in the minds of the illegals and their self serving advocates and apologists. (I'm not even sure THEY truly believe the pap they spew tbh)

Old 10-01-2010, 12:58 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,918,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Well as far I'm concerned - "law abiding illegals" is just another meaningless euphanism along the lines of "undocumented American" - no such animal exists, except in the minds of the illegals and their self serving advocates and apologists. (I'm not even sure THEY truly believe the pap they spew tbh)
They don’t. But, they MUST follow the script.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Hence why his News Corp. plays both sides.
But it doesn't.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:07 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,371,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
But it doesn't.
Explain how then. And yes it does. How do you explain the movie Avatar then, which is owned by 20th Century Fox, aka News Corp? The movie had anti-human and environmentalist undertones in it, which falls into the left side of the spectrum

Old 10-01-2010, 01:23 PM

5,496 posts, read 4,628,318 times
this argument iss way too old, and ther is no answer any one is going to be happy with.
Are you going to ay $5.00 for a head of lettus, or grow your own?
There are no wages any one is going to be satisfied with to compensate a ballance .
Illegals do work that for the most part you won't do. unless you are willing to part with all that wealth hidden in your mattress. ya , all of you are rich and can afoard to pay some body $20. an hour to clean your toilet.
I don't like the fact the liegals have more rights than we do and don't actually get punished for it where as if we were in their country the whole picture would be much different .
so what are you going to do? nothing but complain.
I have worked along side illegals, most of them send their wages home. they don't blow it on junk they don't need . Their money is siphoned out of this country to their own . So who is smarter ?
The borders of america are a sad joke, democrats have seen to that, NAFTA. we are dissolving into the rest of the world like coolade in water. America was fun while it lasted , get ready to say good by.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Explain how then. And yes it does. How do you explain the movie Avatar then, which is owned by 20th Century Fox, aka News Corp? The movie had anti-human and environmentalist undertones in it, which falls into the left side of the spectrum
Oh, I thought you meant the news division. My bad, or since it's Murdoch and Fox, my ba-a-a-ad.

Answered above, then.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
this argument iss way too old, and ther is no answer any one is going to be happy with.
Are you going to ay $5.00 for a head of lettus, or grow your own?
There are no wages any one is going to be satisfied with to compensate a ballance .
Illegals do work that for the most part you won't do. unless you are willing to part with all that wealth hidden in your mattress. ya , all of you are rich and can afoard to pay some body $20. an hour to clean your toilet.
I don't like the fact the liegals have more rights than we do and don't actually get punished for it where as if we were in their country the whole picture would be much different .
so what are you going to do? nothing but complain.
I have worked along side illegals, most of them send their wages home. they don't blow it on junk they don't need . Their money is siphoned out of this country to their own . So who is smarter ?
The borders of america are a sad joke, democrats have seen to that, NAFTA. we are dissolving into the rest of the world like coolade in water. America was fun while it lasted , get ready to say good by.
Illegal immigrants have been working in the agriculture industry and as domestic workers in huge numbers since the Second World War.

You're right that people who don't want amnesty need to stop complaining and start making noise, but I think without FreedomWorks or some similar corporate group doing it for them they'll never get organized on their own. You're so right, much easier to lie in the Barcalounger behind their stomachs and fume.

I wonder why FreedomWorks et al. aren't organizing anti-II rallies in Washington?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or