U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 12:38 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,101,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Oh, I thought you meant the news division. My bad, or since it's Murdoch and Fox, my ba-a-a-ad.

Answered above, then.
As you just realized, the parent company of Fox News and 20th Century Fox is News Corporation. I can see how people can get confused, no problems. But at least you do realize now Murdoch plays both sides like fools, and makes billions off the left-right partisan bickering?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 12:51 PM

34,990 posts, read 33,855,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
As you just realized, the parent company of Fox News and 20th Century Fox is News Corporation. I can see how people can get confused, no problems. But at least you do realize now Murdoch plays both sides like fools, and makes billions off the left-right partisan bickering?
Um no, I'm well aware that News Corp is the name of the entire empire, see my ten jillion posts on it. And I'll repeat what I posted earlier, that Fox makes money however they can; however, Murdoch himself is personally involved with the news arm of News Corp in ways he is not in the entertainment arms, in order to influence legislation among other things.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:32 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,581,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
"as legal residents they can help the nation’s economy by adding to “our tax base.”

Uh, wouldn't the same thing happen if Americans were given the jobs that these illegals are doing? In fact it would be a bigger contribution because the employers would have to pay a fair wage and Americans aren't going to be sending their money out of the country.
Exactly. That's why these kinds of remarks and proposals make no sense. It is bad that people can go to Congress and make these statements and it is hard to argue what they've said and receive the SAME national attention. Nothing like this can be proposed until we find out WHO and how many are here undocumented AND how many legal residents are able to work the jobs they are working.

These politicians CAN'T even begin to talk about amnesty or excusing the undocumented status until it is discovered how many are actually here illegally and how many legal workers there are. Once those numbers are discovered then we will see what the real stories are in regards to just how "important" undocumented workers are and if they really are as essential to the economy as people are trying to make them out to be.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:58 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
this argument iss way too old, and ther is no answer any one is going to be happy with.
Are you going to ay $5.00 for a head of lettus, or grow your own?
There are no wages any one is going to be satisfied with to compensate a ballance .
Illegals do work that for the most part you won't do. unless you are willing to part with all that wealth hidden in your mattress. ya , all of you are rich and can afoard to pay some body $20. an hour to clean your toilet.
I don't like the fact the liegals have more rights than we do and don't actually get punished for it where as if we were in their country the whole picture would be much different .
so what are you going to do? nothing but complain.
I have worked along side illegals, most of them send their wages home. they don't blow it on junk they don't need . Their money is siphoned out of this country to their own . So who is smarter ?
The borders of america are a sad joke, democrats have seen to that, NAFTA. we are dissolving into the rest of the world like coolade in water. America was fun while it lasted , get ready to say good by.
The old BS about having to pay $5.00 a head for lettuce without illegals is getting old. If you think that those of us who oppose illegal immigration aren't doing anything other than sittiing around complaining then you are clueless. It isn't too late to turn this country back around. Are you ready to fight for it yourself or are YOU going to just sit around and complain?

Old 10-01-2010, 04:10 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,112,510 times
I seriously doubt that naturalized American bazillionaire Rupert Murdoch resonates with the average American. The man sits in his ivory tower upon a pillar of cash and gold casts a downward glance to the masses below and then declares that we should legalize the illegals.

Who listens to this man? Other elite wealthy people?

Honestly, I can't relate to anything the man does or says.

What does Warren Buffett say?

Old 10-01-2010, 05:08 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,581,657 times
Yea, I don't really think anyone would pay for a $5 head of lettuce.That wouldn't ever happen here. If we did, we would find a way to preserve it for a long time or eat salads everyday or sandwiches to get our money's worth out of it. Besides, the agriculture industry is one area in which it makes sense to give more working visas to migrant workers because we do need agriculture workers as there just aren't enough people who are not immigrants living in farm areas to work those jobs. So, I don't think we would ever see crazy priced produce.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:02 PM

34,990 posts, read 33,855,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
To him the Fox News market is just...another market
You may be righter than you think, about that.

Media Matters: The press needs to hold Fox News accountable, because Rupert Murdoch refuses to | Media Matters for America

Maybe he's not aware of what they're doing over there?

Old 10-01-2010, 10:24 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,944,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
He owns FoxNews, a billionaire. Australian national that acquired US citizenship only because he needed it in order to legally establish his "news" channel in the usa. NonUsnationals cant own news channels. He was given a express shortcut to citizenship. The guy has too much money. More money than Bush and cheney.
Just for the record - Murdoch is no longer an "Australian national". Australian born American, yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or