Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 10:45 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Exactly. The pro-illegals never consider these drawbacks to legalizing these illegal aliens (or maybe they don't care). On their low paying jobs they pay little if any income taxes and as you said after obtaining citizenship they can then sponsor their other poor family members to come here and they will in turn take low paying jobs and depend on welfare to subsidize their social needs.

Once the employers have to pay the newly legalized illegals a little more they will be seeking out new illegals to go back to paying slave labor wages. It will never end.
And contribute to an already escalating crime rate in inner cities controlled by Mexican gangs, in particular
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 10:47 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,138,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Law-abiding illegal immigrants? Talk about an oxymoron.

Rupert Murdoch Calls for Amnesty for 'Law-Abiding' Illegal Immigrants | CNSnews.com (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/76043 - broken link)
Is this news to you? He and Mike Bloomberg have been pro-amnesty for years. They're part of some business group pushing it.

Does this tell you anything about Fox's interest in the welfare of their loving, trusting audience?

Old 10-01-2010, 11:08 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Is this news to you? He and Mike Bloomberg have been pro-amnesty for years. They're part of some business group pushing it.

Does this tell you anything about Fox's interest in the welfare of their loving, trusting audience?
No, I already knew that both are illegal alien peddlers/profiteers. However, after watching his despicable pandering yesterday at the House Judiciary hearing, I thought it would be an interesting forum discussion.

When he was asked about the contradiction between his statements during the hearing, and the reporting on Fox News, he was quick to mention the WSJ. He has all angles covered, and will clearly support whatever is profitable. I have often wondered if the Fox viewers realize how hypocritical he is regarding illegal immigration.

If anyone is interested in viewing the hearing, click the following link. Have a barf bag handy.

C-SPAN Video Player - House Judiciary Subcmte. Hearing on Economic Benefits of Immigration (http://www.cspan.org/Watch/Media/2010/09/30/HP/A/38776/House+Judiciary+Subcmte+Hearing+on+Economic+Benefi ts+of+Immigration.aspx - broken link)

Old 10-01-2010, 11:10 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,836,588 times
Murdoch has ALWAYS played to both sides - this isn't news tbh. He has ALWAYS done what is expedient for himself and his interests.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, I already knew that both are illegal alien peddlers/profiteers. However, after watching his despicable pandering yesterday at the House Judiciary hearing, I thought it would be an interesting forum discussion.

When he was asked about the contradiction between his statements during the hearing, and the reporting on Fox News, he was quick to mention the WSJ. He has all angles covered, and will clearly support whatever is profitable. I have often wondered if the Fox viewers realize how hypocritical he is regarding illegal immigration.

If anyone is interested in viewing the hearing, click the following link. Have a barf bag handy.

C-SPAN Video Player - House Judiciary Subcmte. Hearing on Economic Benefits of Immigration (http://www.cspan.org/Watch/Media/2010/09/30/HP/A/38776/House+Judiciary+Subcmte+Hearing+on+Economic+Benefi ts+of+Immigration.aspx - broken link)
It is interesting, especially regarding the reactions of anti-amnesty Fox zombies, ah, viewers. I wonder if many will wake up and start observing the many subtle and overt ways propaganda messages are delivered. Hope so. Great C-SPAN link!

Old 10-01-2010, 11:30 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
law- abiding? I am stuck on just which laws illegals are abiding.
Lets examine these would be citizens.
1. Immigration laws are optional or for suckers.
2. Fraud is a way of life justified by personal desires.
3. Tax evasion is prefered it allows them to send more home.
4. Theft of emergency room services is normal because we some how owe them.
5. Driving without a license is acceptable. After all their needs out way public safety.
6. Auto insurance is optional, its a waste anyway when you don't even use a valid ID card.
Hmmmm yep no doubt about it. These folks are way better than all those people who apply to enter legally.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
law- abiding? I am stuck on just which laws illegals are abiding.
Lets examine these would be citizens.
1. Immigration laws are optional or for suckers.
2. Fraud is a way of life justified by personal desires.
3. Tax evasion is prefered it allows them to send more home.
4. Theft of emergency room services is normal because we some how owe them.
5. Driving without a license is acceptable. After all their needs out way public safety.
6. Auto insurance is optional, its a waste anyway when you don't even use a valid ID card.
Hmmmm yep no doubt about it. These folks are way better than all those people who apply to enter legally.

Yup, I"m kinda wondering how well I'd fare as a legal migrant if I decided to take on the same attitude. Bet the "rules" would be different if I was caught doing the same things they do.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Murdoch has ALWAYS played to both sides - this isn't news tbh. He has ALWAYS done what is expedient for himself and his interests.
Isn't it neat that that he has created entire TV channels all around the world to be sure his and other plutocrats' interests stay protected? Good thing nobody falls for it!

Old 10-01-2010, 11:40 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Isn't it neat that that he has created entire TV channels all around the world to be sure his and other plutocrats' interests stay protected? Good thing nobody falls for it!
As I pointed out in a previous post on the first page, Murdoch has both sides covered. he has the right-wing covered with FNC and FBN, and he has the left-wing covered with 20th Century Fox that produces movies and TV shows. To him the Fox News market is just...another market

Old 10-01-2010, 11:47 AM

Murdoch personally has always tended to lean towards the conservative side (I think some may get confused that the "conservative" party in Australia is called the Liberal party) , but as I said that doesn't stop him supporting whichever serves his interests best at any given time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration