Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 07:04 AM

954 posts, read 4,369,629 times

Advertisements

Kinki Friedman, running for Texas Governor again, actually has some interesting ideas for Texas. He wants 10,000 Texas National Guard posted along the boarder. Then, start fining these company's who hire illegals, heavily. In the mean-time, issue tax I.D.s for those who go through the proper channels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2006, 07:35 AM

338 posts, read 1,442,382 times
Exclamation okay but what about...

the churches that are funding some families? There is a small polish-catholic church that sponsored this whole slew of Mexicans...so they come here and add to their family (legally) -- now they are in my daughters school. This morning as I walked her to her room I thought to give the little one (Juan) a smile and say "hello"- he is cute- what does he say to me "mother-f***er" with his mother standing right there...of course she had 2 in a stroller and one in a nappy on her stomach but still! My daughter was right there...Mom said nothing! Nice way to start the day aye?

Old 09-08-2006, 08:13 AM

311 posts, read 617,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhogan10010 View Post
Kinki Friedman, running for Texas Governor again, actually has some interesting ideas for Texas. He wants 10,000 Texas National Guard posted along the boarder. Then, start fining these company's who hire illegals, heavily. In the mean-time, issue tax I.D.s for those who go through the proper channels.
My husband is from Texas....can I vote there (illegally of course but I think that would be appropriate!) Anyway, he gets my thumbs up!!

Old 09-08-2006, 09:56 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,595,931 times
Thumbs up to the Kinkster! Kinky Friedman, musician, author, and hopefully governing policy-maker!

Old 09-08-2006, 10:44 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,328,499 times
Default elfyum

It's hitting everywhere. My daughter lives in a small town of about 8000 in Ohio-- not too far from the shores of Lake Erie. The Mexican population has grown so much there that now grocery stores--not just the big Walmart, but even small local grocery stores--have special isles for packaging in Spanish. I had never seen that in stores until I moved to Florida, but now it's even present up there.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:08 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,127,941 times
Just wait until you get whole aisles of merchandise packaged in Chinese and Arabic!

Old 09-08-2006, 01:20 PM

Actually, just wait until you get whole aisles, stores, signs and billboards in Spanish with no English, ever anywhere... It's the norm here.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:25 PM

311 posts, read 617,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
Actually, just wait until you get whole aisles, stores, signs and billboards in Spanish with no English, ever anywhere... It's the norm here.
and soon to be available in a store near you!!!

Old 09-10-2006, 12:13 PM

Now, now, raderator, lay off, it's the parent's fault not the kid's (unless it has Tourette's, which would still not be its fault.) Just one more instance of foreign nationals being rude to the citizens as their normal behaviour. Right now some foreign nationals are screaming at the top of their lungs, all of 'em, in their front yard on my street. They are the only ones who engage in this behavior, and when they were cautioned about disturbing the peace (as they do it at all hours) they threatened violence. The norm here in L.A.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:51 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,085,285 times
Default Los Angeles living increasingly worse

Living here my whole life, I can report the illegal problems are very bad. Other than high crime rates by illegals/etc., the worst problem here is that 'millions' of citizens cannot afford ANY place of their own, not a rental or house, because the cost is too high. WHY? It's due to the MASSIVE number of Latino illegal immigrants who have moved to L.A., both in the 80's (they got amnesty) and now. I wonder if 'everyone' understand this??! Also the wages have been kept down by employers due to competition from illegals and the amnesty group. Wonder if 'everyone' understands this??! Most Citizens (whites and Blacks) moved out of my small suburb city in the middle 90's to cheaper states. In past several years most of Southern California is mostly Latinos. I do see whites in Hollywood on TV though.

Many angry marches by Latino groups. In the marches and websites, groups do not want amnesty, do not want guest worker programs...They are angrily clear they want full citizenship and higher wages. L.A. has 11 regular Latino Spanish speaking TV stations (not cable), and sometimes I watch them, there is constant talk of immigration and voting.
Latinos in the media are angry that we citizens are not learning Spanish!
On Spanish speaking TV, suddenly two of four news hosts said 'Speak a second language' in English with a very angry look into the camera. The other news host replied 'They only want to speak their native language, English', and then they made mean faces into the camera. These are supposed to be the upper class of the Latino population? I see racism from Latinos towards Whites now, where in the 80's Latino illegals were very quiet and only their numbers were a threat, though I could not see this at the time.

Just last night I was trying to recover inside my car from lifting groceries, and a scary, angry looking Latino in a van next to my car started honking his horn and pointing. I thought maybe my door was ajar and he was trying to help out, I just smiled and nodded that it was ok. As I looked over at him he Kept honking and pointing at the same time. At least 15 long honks. I left scared which didn't help my health and saw that he was moving a grocery basket, which was on the lines and not in his space at all. Where I come from, HERE, men are mostly gentlemen and would not do this to an older lady.

I go to Wal Mark and hear Spanish music blasting as I get out of my car, it is a middle aged Latino man with a large stero on a table right in front of Wal Mart door. I see much open... boldness, rudeness, no manners, filthiness, no shame, angryness, refusal to see truths and knowlege, lies, cons/swindlers, conquering attitudes and vengeful, manipulations, but I don't see a caring, gentileness or humility coming from many of the Latinos, NOT ALL FOR SURE, as I have two nice neighbors and a third is nice but turned out to be perverted.

Most whites, blacks, Asians... would not go to Mexico for example with the above awful attitudes and personality traits. How far would we get?!

LARGE L.A. produce market that supplies thousands of markets and restaurants, was filmed by NBC showing filthy conditions: Latino workers there with men urinating next to produce boxes, people not washing their hands after using the bathroom, rats all over the produce. Water used for spraying produce tested positive for everything bad. City goverment said it was like a third world country there.

California moved thousands of prisoners to Tennessee and another state last year, and now is going to do the same thing this year, to Tennessee and other, all due to overcrowding of mostly Latino prisoners. There are over 70,000 gangs in L.A. alone, and the crime very bad....as in other large cities.

Nafta started this illegal invasion in the 80's, just as Ross Perot said it would.
Governor Swartzeneggar was appalled visiting a shopping mall in L.A. He said it was just like he was in Mexico; from the Spanish music to the architecure.
He said He has tried but they will not assimilate.

Our government started Nafta that started this invasion, our government let it happen, and if Latino illegals 'and' children are not sent back....our country will be totally over-run by this people with a totally different culture and attitudes, and we willl have lost our American way of life and culture as it was, totally. Our history and what our forefathers gave us will be a memory but not taught to our children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration