U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2006, 07:26 PM

1,735 posts, read 4,138,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulscott View Post
Bottom Line:

NO Mexican is ever "illegal" in any of the territory STOLEN from Mexico. And that includes California.

All of you complaining so loudly are the johnny come lately squatters.
You need to learn your history before you post something like that. What they are teaching you at the Aztlan meetings are lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2006, 08:25 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,020,170 times
Paulscott, Spanish settlers, not "Mexican," usurped my city (L.A.)'s lands from the Gabrieleno natives here. I far prefer the long, rich history and culture of the beachcomer Gabrielenos' to that of Mexicans' tiny 25 year span of governance here. So let's follow your logic and totally bypass all historical input from the European Latino conquistadors and address the concerns in Los Angeles of the Gabrielenos, NOT the usurping Mexicans.

Old 08-29-2006, 08:43 PM

311 posts, read 549,596 times
Quote:
Bottom Line:

NO Mexican is ever "illegal" in any of the territory STOLEN from Mexico. And that includes California.

I guess your "Bottom Line" explains why there are so many illegal (unlawful, against the law, breaking the law...) aliens here in NC.

Old 08-29-2006, 09:30 PM

9,595 posts, read 22,908,578 times
Quote:
Bottom Line:

Okay, but according to that logic, no one should be illegal anywhere, since practically everyone has stolen land from everyone else.

Most Mexicans themselves are squatters too, on the former homes of tribes like the Apache, Aztecs, Mayans etc.

If everyone literally went "back to wherever they came from" even if you go back only 500 years, then probably 90-99% of the currently occupied and developed into modern towns, cities and even some of the farmlands would be abandoned. 5-6 billion people would be populating only maybe 5% of the land we currently have developed. That could make downtown Tokyo or Hong Kong look like a quaint small town.

Old 08-30-2006, 07:53 AM

183 posts, read 1,139,731 times
Lets just face the facts, nothing is going to be done to the illegal imigrants until the politicians do something about it. They are to busy taking their pictures by the borders to make it look like they give a **** just for the american vote. Company's who hire illegals are not being fined only some counties have passed this law. It should be a law in place in everystate. We are making it to easy for them to live here and not have to learn english. Now when you make a phone call and you need some answers you have to push a button if you want it in english. Grocery stores have food that is in english and spanish. I went to the store the other day to get baby food and even "Gerber" has the new jars in spanish. Why should the spanish speaking people learn to speak english we are changing things for them. Until laws are in place and we make it difficult for the illegals to live here nothing is going to change.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:39 AM

183 posts, read 1,139,731 times
I just read an article about some school districts in NJ are in the "hot seat"
because they asked immigrant parents for their SS# to show their legal status in the US. The ACLU (American civil liberties Union) got involved an the State Department of Education said it would correct this problem. According to NJ law in 1982 the Supreme Court decision stated that "the government has an obligation to educate children regardless of their parent's status". Of course the illegal children's parents do not pay taxes toward the schools their children are attending. I dont know about all of you but our schools here are over crowded enough and our property taxes are going up to build new schools. So what if our tax bill goes up, we have to educate illegal children! Like I said before, this will not go away until new laws are in place.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:29 AM

231 posts, read 464,064 times
oh great and all knowing Elfyum- It is so easy to have this perspective when you are on the "winning" team. And you call it "winning"- I think that in order to win something, both sides have to willingly participate. Do you really feel that American lands were "won" from the Indians? They were flat out stolen- the Native Americans already there weren`t like "hey, come on over and let`s have some battles for our lands". If you come over and kick someone out of their homeland, that is stealing, and it sucks. The European and Mexican ancestors both did it, and this is something we should be ashamed of, not indifferent about. That indifference is why it repeatedly happens throughout history and is accepted: "oh well, that`s just the way it is"

Old 08-30-2006, 03:28 PM

231 posts, read 464,064 times
i meant "European ancestors of both Mexicans and Americans did it...."

Last edited by gringo istmeño; 08-30-2006 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: grammar error

Old 08-30-2006, 05:49 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,020,170 times
Since this thread was moved to the entire forum out of the Los Angeles one, I would like everyone to ponder these two conclusions and comment:

1) If both the United States and Mexico were both colonized by Europeans 500+ years ago (suppressing indiginous people, blah blah, like absolutely every other society in history,) and both had vast lands replete with a multitude of resources and potential riches, why has the U.S. attained a standard of living that is, for the most part, enviable, desirable and the magnet for emigration from other nations, while Mexico cannot lift itself out of a (numerically) greater poverty of its citizens? Hey, they started out on an equal playing field...

2) Has the United States entered the equivalent phase of the decline of the Roman Empire, wherein instead of a sophisticated society of fellow citizens united for their mutual betterment , the country has instead so embraced colonization, whether forcibly by businesses (instead of armies,) and runaway illegal immigration, that its society will soon be balkanized into different cultures so clinging to their different ways as to be antagonistic to the whole? Already we evidence of cultural factionism on this board...

Old 08-30-2006, 06:22 PM

1,735 posts, read 4,138,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
Since this thread was moved to the entire forum out of the Los Angeles one, I would like everyone to ponder these two conclusions and comment:

1) If both the United States and Mexico were both colonized by Europeans 500+ years ago (suppressing indiginous people, blah blah, like absolutely every other society in history,) and both had vast lands replete with a multitude of resources and potential riches, why has the U.S. attained a standard of living that is, for the most part, enviable, desirable and the magnet for emigration from other nations, while Mexico cannot lift itself out of a (numerically) greater poverty of its citizens? Hey, they started out on an equal playing field...

2) Has the United States entered the equivalent phase of the decline of the Roman Empire, wherein instead of a sophisticated society of fellow citizens united for their mutual betterment , the country has instead so embraced colonization, whether forcibly by businesses (instead of armies,) and runaway illegal immigration, that its society will soon be balkanized into different cultures so clinging to their different ways as to be antagonistic to the whole? Already we evidence of cultural factionism on this board...
Ohhhh boy, you hit it out of the park on that one. I’d give you a rep point, but it says I can’t.

I’ll add that all you have to do is look at Europe to see where we are heading. The only difference is the people invading them are more prone to strapping on bombs than lowering our standard of living and turning our once great state into the 3rd world dump they left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or