U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-05-2010, 03:07 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Reputation: 6451

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
They've got your. By shifting the "overton window" from blanket amnesty suddenly the DREAM Act appears more acceptable to some.

It's like having "a little Cancer" vs. systemic Cancer.

What part of NO AMNESTY is unclear?

Hold strong folks, citizenship should have value for the citizens and those who follow the laws to become citizens; not for those who have broken our laws!
I agree with you. Our Country is truly messed up, if we give any lead way at all, to those who have broken our laws, what part of that does our Government not understand. I am more then sure this President knows how most Americans feel about this subject, and this is his way of handling it. And you hit the nail on the head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-05-2010, 09:42 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,383,737 times
Reputation: 1544
I can't understand how some people don't "get" how dangerous this can be for our nation. Just today it was discovered that a terrorist was working in our nuclear plants for 6 years. If we can't keep track of who is here why are we letting more come?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2010, 01:43 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,583,040 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Unfortunately, the end result will be a blanket amnesty. They realize they don’t have support for a massive amnesty, so they’re going to legalize the 20+ million in increments. They will start with the DREAM Act, and then continue to pass laws for specific groups, until all have been legalized. Meanwhile, they will continue to halt deportations for all who have not been convicted of violent crimes.

By starting with the DREAM Act, they can legalize all illegals in the age groups 12-34. This will also legalize the parents of minor “DREAMies.” Then, they will legalize ag workers. Then, another group, etc, etc, etc.

This strategy will take longer, but ultimately, all 20+ million will be legalized.
That's why people need to write their Congressmen and women to alert them of these possibilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2010, 01:44 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,583,040 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I can't understand how some people don't "get" how dangerous this can be for our nation. Just today it was discovered that a terrorist was working in our nuclear plants for 6 years. If we can't keep track of who is here why are we letting more come?
You should contact the media about that if it hasn't already been reported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2010, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,948,309 times
Reputation: 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Unfortunately, the end result will be a blanket amnesty. They realize they don’t have support for a massive amnesty, so they’re going to legalize the 20+ million in increments. They will start with the DREAM Act, and then continue to pass laws for specific groups, until all have been legalized. Meanwhile, they will continue to halt deportations for all who have not been convicted of violent crimes.

By starting with the DREAM Act, they can legalize all illegals in the age groups 12-34. This will also legalize the parents of minor “DREAMies.” Then, they will legalize ag workers. Then, another group, etc, etc, etc.

This strategy will take longer, but ultimately, all 20+ million will be legalized.
And we already have the Dreamies asking, well if this passes for US, what about the "next wave" of "Dreamies"..........it's never ending.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2010, 02:06 PM
 
1,891 posts, read 2,179,360 times
Reputation: 909
Little by little...then when the overthrow is coming, there will be no resistance.

Do NOT budge a microinch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2010, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
And we already have the Dreamies asking, well if this passes for US, what about the "next wave" of "Dreamies"..........it's never ending.........
I saw that too. Yes, it would be inhumane not to make provisions for “future” DREAMies. After all, don’t they also have a right to seek a better life? In fact, we should be proactive by allocating tax funds specifically for the support of future illegal aliens and their U.S.-born offspring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2010, 12:53 PM
 
6,899 posts, read 6,375,596 times
Reputation: 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Unfortunately, the end result will be a blanket amnesty. They realize they don’t have support for a massive amnesty, so they’re going to legalize the 20+ million in increments. They will start with the DREAM Act, and then continue to pass laws for specific groups, until all have been legalized. Meanwhile, they will continue to halt deportations for all who have not been convicted of violent crimes.

By starting with the DREAM Act, they can legalize all illegals in the age groups 12-34. This will also legalize the parents of minor “DREAMies.” Then, they will legalize ag workers. Then, another group, etc, etc, etc.

This strategy will take longer, but ultimately, all 20+ million will be legalized.

Benicar,

This is a question that I've always had concerning the illegals that are already here. How can the U.S afford to ship all 20 million back to their home countries? Don't get me wrong, I believe there are too many coming over JUST to have children in order to stay in the country, however imagine the effort it would take to send EVERYONE including those born here, back to their home country. It didn't take 1, 2, or even 5 years for this to get out of control, the cycle started over Right after REAGAN gave the last amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2010, 02:29 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Benicar,

This is a question that I've always had concerning the illegals that are already here. How can the U.S afford to ship all 20 million back to their home countries? Don't get me wrong, I believe there are too many coming over JUST to have children in order to stay in the country, however imagine the effort it would take to send EVERYONE including those born here, back to their home country. It didn't take 1, 2, or even 5 years for this to get out of control, the cycle started over Right after REAGAN gave the last amnesty.
I know your question wasn't directed to me but it has already been answered in here many times before. The ideal way to remove most of the illegals from our country is by taking away any incentives for them to remain and therefore they will leave on their own. E-verify will remove the job incentive. Denying any taxpayer benefits will also encourage them to leave on their own. There is no need for any mass roundups if the above things are implemented.

As for their U.S. born children it would be wise for them to take their minor children with them back to their homeland. Afterall, most parents don't want to be separated from their children. When their citizen children reach maturity they can choose which country they want to remain in. Mexico offers dual citizenship.

As for discouraging anymore from entering illegally the above will also be a deterrant along with ending birthright citizenship for the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2010, 02:48 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I know your question wasn't directed to me but it has already been answered in here many times before. The ideal way to remove most of the illegals from our country is by taking away any incentives for them to remain and therefore they will leave on their own. E-verify will remove the job incentive. Denying any taxpayer benefits will also encourage them to leave on their own. There is no need for any mass roundups if the above things are implemented.

As for their U.S. born children it would be wise for them to take their minor children with them back to their homeland. Afterall, most parents don't want to be separated from their children. When their citizen children reach maturity they can choose which country they want to remain in. Mexico offers dual citizenship.

As for discouraging anymore from entering illegally the above will also be a deterrant along with ending birthright citizenship for the future.
I find it intresting the "smooth" words used to explain the very "messy'' business of "DEPORTING" 11 million people from this country to thier home countries...

Deportation is Rounding up men, women and children. Arresting them and placing them in detention centers for arraignment, trail and forced deportation.

Anyone that believes that the mear threat of deportaion will cause 11 million people to voluntarily leave the US is kidding themselves and trying to perpetuate a myth not even considered viable and with no credible results to date...

Quote:
SANTA ANA, Calif. — Wanted: Illegal immigrants with clean records who have ignored court orders to leave the country. Immigration officials are standing by to help you leave the country. No jail. No joke.

That invitation drew no takers Tuesday on the first day of a new federal "self-deportation" program that offered 457,000 eligible illegal immigrants the chance to turn themselves in, get their affairs in order and leave the country without being detained.

The lack of response only reinforced doubts about an idea that has drawn criticism and even ridicule from both sides of the immigration debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top