U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 04:13 PM

16,116 posts, read 20,148,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And deporting illegal aliens en masse.
If you arrest 100 another 100 show up to take their jobs. If you arrest the employer there are no jobs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 04:34 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
If you arrest 100 another 100 show up to take their jobs. If you arrest the employer there are no jobs

Arrest them all, deport the scab labor and jail/fine the "dirtbag" employer depending on how many times they have transgressed. I'm way ok with all that. Even better, just as Fire Departments and PD can bill people for work, bill the "dirtbag" employer for the whole thing including deportations.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:42 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
No one is suggesting that the employers not be punished along with the illegal aliens. Of course we have to do both. However, most pro-illegals want the illegals left untouched.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:43 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Quote:
Then we KEEP arresting and deporting them until they either STOP COMING, or the employers get fined heavily enough to realise it's not worth it and start hiring those here legally (or go out of business if they can't run it without ILLEGAL labour).

Old 10-06-2010, 04:46 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
What, it is already invasion. When those that live across our Borders, come into our Country each and every day, by illegal means, it is an invasion, what else would any of you call it. Some yes do come for the right reasons, some are here and do not belong here, they are the criminals, that bring fear into our Country. Your not in our Country for the right reasons, if you cannot want and grasp being here, legally. Our Government is so much to blame, You need a President and an administration, that is actually going to give a damn about this situation, that only cost you and i money. I do not believe this President, has our best inerest at heart, disagree i don't care. Seems so clear, that he is so after the hispanic vote, by any means he can get it, how utterly disgusting, at the cost of us Americans.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:50 PM

19,122 posts, read 21,367,188 times
Well that + is a pesky goobermint problem, based on illegals don'ty bother with customs, or much of anything that can be counted.

For all I know it's 11 million according to the goobermint, and the + means, 11 milion more + since no one is counting.

They break the law to be here, so I assume they will break any other laws they want as well. I don't buy they break the law to be here, and other wise are good up standing citizens who will respect other laws.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:27 PM

16,116 posts, read 20,148,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Arrest them all, deport the scab labor and jail/fine the "dirtbag" employer depending on how many times they have transgressed. I'm way ok with all that. Even better, just as Fire Departments and PD can bill people for work, bill the "dirtbag" employer for the whole thing including deportations.
Arrest 12 million people? That would put us slightly ahead of Hitler.
If we force the employer to providee jobs that Americans would want we have something

Old 10-06-2010, 07:38 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
If we force the employer to providee jobs that Americans would want we have something
No, Hitler sent them to gas ovens. We only want them returned to their homelands. It can be done voluntarily without many arrests if we remove all the incentives for them to remain or to come here. Denying them jobs is just one of those incentives.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:42 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
The problem has never been that Americans don’t want the jobs. It’s that Americans won’t work for “slave” wages. Case in point, when did Americans not want to work construction? I assure you, if illegals could get a driver’s license nationwide, the trucking industry would be added to the list of jobs “Americans won’t do.”

Old 10-06-2010, 08:42 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The problem has never been that Americans don’t want the jobs. It’s that Americans won’t work for “slave” wages. Case in point, when did Americans not want to work construction? I assure you, if illegals could get a driver’s license nationwide, the trucking industry would be added to the list of jobs “Americans won’t do.”
The "Dreamies" don't want those "jobs Americans won't do" either, they want the GOOD jobs they think a college education will get them.

Wonder what the catch phrase will be THEN?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration