Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 08:58 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
The "Dreamies" don't want those "jobs Americans won't do" either, they want the GOOD jobs they think a college education will get them.

Wonder what the catch phrase will be THEN?
Instead of the jobs Americans won’t do. It will be the jobs Americans can’t do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 05:00 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Instead of the jobs Americans won’t do. It will be the jobs Americans can’t do.
I dunno . Once I lived in Miami and a man brought a car to me to estimate for a fix. The car needed a rear axel bearing and a seal, of course with new gear oil. I priced the parts on the phone, told him 3 hours labor, and he told me I was to high.

So he went to the Cubans for a fix, and came back to tell me how cheap it was with a grin.

Well the next day he was back and wanting the same thing, but this time for both rear axel bearings. I took a peek and saw the hammer and cold chisel marks, the pouring out gear oil and told him I couldnt fix it at all since the Cubans ruined the bearing housings and the axel flanges.
That he indeed needed a whole new axel housing from a bone yard complete.

I was inexpensive but tooled up well, with the know how. The Cubans had a hammer and a chisel.

In another time and another place Rochester NY, I was set up painting a house when a hispanic guy asked if he could borrow my ladders. I loaned him one high enough to get to where he pointed on a building i could see. As i worked I kept an eye out, and after a while I needed that ladder myself.

I went over there to get it and a lady came out, and she was not hispanic. She asked if i could check on the work that she has paid 250 dollars for in cash. I ran up the ladder and saw the gutters were still full of leaves. I had no idea what she paid for. She paid and got nothing, and certainly no 250 dollars worth of anything. It was then I decided i was lucky I still had my ladder.

It was a scam. The hispanic guy placed the ladder there, went up said ok now I get my pay and left. That lady sure was mad.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:03 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Arrest 12 million people? That would put us slightly ahead of Hitler.
If we force the employer to providee jobs that Americans would want we have something
By doing nothing except letting ourselves get trampled and ripped off by 12 plus million, that puts us firmly ahead of "dumb as rocks". Or, as I like to put it, "As smart as a glass of water".

Old 10-08-2010, 04:17 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Invaded by illegals, 20 mil unemployed,40 mil on food stamps,no hope for a better future.
Stick a fork in it..

Old 10-08-2010, 10:21 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Invaded by illegals, 20 mil unemployed,40 mil on food stamps,no hope for a better future.
Stick a fork in it..
are you talking about undocumented workers or the entire American workforce?

Quote:
One area not widely discussed is that the PEW Center also reported the unemployment rate for illegal immigrants in the United States is estimated to be 10%, compared to the national average of 9.7 percent for unemployed ‘legal' workers. This is what got my attention: 1.1 million illegal immigrants are out of work here in America...
Quote:
An average of 43.3 million people, more than an eighth of the population, will get food stamps each month in the year that began Oct. 1, according to White House estimates.
43 mil Americans.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:35 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
The 20 mil is a rough estimate of unemployed American workers..

Old 10-11-2010, 09:47 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,352 times
Right now, would be nice, but the libs will never call it that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration