Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 03:59 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Calderon probabaly cares about as much as the U.S. Gov't cares when Americans sneak into other countries illegally....
Oh he cares all right, he cares he'll have returning poor he thought he turned over to his welfare system aka the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 07:50 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Oh he cares all right, he cares he'll have returning poor he thought he turned over to his welfare system aka the US.
Actually the ones returning to Mexico from the US usually bring back decent cash they've earned in the US so they can build a house and start a business back home.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:00 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Actually the ones returning to Mexico from the US usually bring back decent cash they've earned in the US so they can build a house and start a business back home.
And of course you have proof of that? Just because they were sending cash back to Mexico while they are working here doesn't mean that now that the economy is bad here that they are returning with enough money to start a business. I am sure many of them are returning before they had intended to, especially the fairly new arrivals.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:22 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,931 times
He also says the solution to the problem is changing U.S. immigration law so more people can enter legally.

Hey moron how about you provide your own people with an education and birth control so they don't have come here in the first place? How about you work on the problems in your own damned country instead of just shipping them here? How about you recognize that Americans cannot and should not subsidize your poorly educated masses? How about finally instructing your fellow citizens that Americans have the right to set up a border and ignoring that border is a criminal act?

It's never enough for Mexico. Millions of Mexicans -- many of them very low skilled non-English speakers -- have been allowed to come here legally. And yet they still want permission to ship us more half wits, anchor babies and welfare cheats in the middle of a huge recession.

GAH.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:33 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
What gets me is the Mexican government's assumption that we even need more unskilled and uneducated foreigners in our country or doesn't that matter to them? Don't they realize that the more competition for jobs there are the less that will become employed?

My bad, I forgot that all they have to do is come here and produce some anchors and they don't have to work. Welfare will take care of the entire family.

Last edited by chicagonut; 10-12-2010 at 08:52 AM..

Old 10-12-2010, 08:39 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What gets me is the Mexican government's assumption that we even need more unskilled and uneducated foreigners in our country or doesn't that matter to them? Don't they realize that the more competition for jobs there are the less that will become employed?
The average American may be the only group the Mexican government holds in greater contempt than their own underclass. We have several roles to play. We are here to finance their immigration and allow them to claim food stamps, subsidized housing and taxpayer provided medical care. We are to learn Spanish. We are to be grateful that they have bothered to cross the border and we can pay them $10 an hour which they will not pay taxes on and will largely ship back to Mexico.

Most of all we are to be fearful lest they label us racists and xenophobes. Because the right to set your own borders and declare who can cross them and who cannot belongs to one country and one country only: Mexico.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
He also says the solution to the problem is changing U.S. immigration law so more people can enter legally.

Hey moron how about you provide your own people with an education and birth control so they don't have come here in the first place? How about you work on the problems in your own damned country instead of just shipping them here? How about you recognize that Americans cannot and should not subsidize your poorly educated masses? How about finally instructing your fellow citizens that Americans have the right to set up a border and ignoring that border is a criminal act?

It's never enough for Mexico. Millions of Mexicans -- many of them very low skilled non-English speakers -- have been allowed to come here legally. And yet they still want permission to ship us more half wits, anchor babies and welfare cheats in the middle of a huge recession.

GAH.
Are you talking to me? If you are I don't know when I was given ownership of the Mexican people, but if you wish to give me that designation, I'm flattered. I'm not sure where you come up with the assumption that the Mexican people as a whole don't have any education or access to birth control because to my knowledge that simply isn't the case for the majority of the Mexicans I have come into contact with. I also don't know if ensuring that all Mexicans had access to these two things would have any bearing on their desire to seek the economic benefits associated with entering and working in the US. A Mexican can make significantly more money working as a line cook at a couple restaurants in the US than working as a doctor or lawyer in most parts of Mexico. Also, it's important to remember that just because A Mexican (or an immigrant from any other Latin American country) doesn't speak fluent English doesn't mean he or she is uneducated. I know alot of Mexicans who were in skilled practices while living in Mexico (accountants, pharmacists, teachers, attorneys, etc.) who end up working low-skill jobs in the US for a variety of reasons. You'd be surprised how common this is.

I am in favor of expanding legal immigration because I am confident it would result in a decrease in illegal immigration. I am also in favor for pushing American youths to become knowledgeable in multiple languages, especially Spanish, Chinese and Arabic as this clearly help create a more educated and linguistically flexible populace. I see this as a positive thing, not a negative thing.

Last edited by Cruz Azul Guy; 10-12-2010 at 10:53 AM..

Old 10-12-2010, 10:47 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,211 times
Quote:
Are you talking to me?
Please don't be so disingenuous - Eleanora is obviously addressing that comment to the IDIOT mentioned in the article. The same comment she quoted has been quoted in this thread in prior posts.

As to the rest of your post, I really don't give a flying rat's patootie HOW educated a Mexican (or other nationality) may be if they are here in THIS country working illegally. The fact that some LEGAL immigrants may be working well below their education level has NOTHING to do with the topic of this forum which is ILLEGAL immigration.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:55 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Calderon does not give a rat's as- about his People, if he did they would not be flocking illegally to this Country, and illegally over our borders, he cares, How Much!

Old 10-12-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Please don't be so disingenuous - Eleanora is obviously addressing that comment to the IDIOT mentioned in the article. The same comment she quoted has been quoted in this thread in prior posts.

As to the rest of your post, I really don't give a flying rat's patootie HOW educated a Mexican (or other nationality) may be if they are here in THIS country working illegally. The fact that some LEGAL immigrants may be working well below their education level has NOTHING to do with the topic of this forum which is ILLEGAL immigration.
Yeah, but it really makes no sense to hate on the people who are simply taking advantage of an opportunity that is presented to them. Don't tell me if you were dirt poor in an impoverished 3rd world country and had the opportunity to sneak into another country, get fake docs and work for good wages that you wouldn't do it. Between starving and breaking US immigration law I think almost any reasonable person would choose the latter.

If you want the issue to be resolved you have to place blame on the current systems in place which allow this behavior to happen in massive amounts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration