U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 02:33 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,832,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
First of all, this is mutually exclusive to the issue of uneducated low-skill illegal immigrants...none of those people would take the job I currently have, nor would they be given any job I would potentially seek going forward.

Secondly, there is probably no way I'd make more in a kitchen of a restaurant than I'd be making on unemployment...most unemployed Americans would be on this same boat.
The issue isnít you, me, or any skilled or educated person. Naturally, the low-skilled and uneducated, regardless of immigration status, pose no threat to the educated. Why are you so fixated on YOU? Illegal immigration has displaced millions of low-skilled legal workers. Consequently, they and their families are suffering. Clearly, your empathy is reserved for foreigners who feel nothing but disdain for this country. How truly sad.

You can only speak for yourself. If an unemployed citizen could only survive by working in a kitchen, there is no doubt in my mind he/she would. Remember, pride cometh before the fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Before hazarding a guess maybe you should take a look at the available jobs. This isn't rocket science. A bilingual uneducated American is an oxymoron.
Really? So, an uneducated U.S. citizen canít be fluent in more than one language after having been raised in a bilingual environment? Do tell.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:38 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,969,157 times
Quote:
Before hazarding a guess maybe you should take a look at the available jobs. This isn't rocket science. A bilingual uneducated American is an oxymoron.
Apparently so is a bilingual uneducated Mexican?

Old 10-13-2010, 04:24 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,275,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Massive gift? Tell that to the countless citizens whose credit has been ruined because narcissistic illegals are ďborrowingĒ their SSN, not to mention, creating a false tax liability. I can only imagine how blessed they must feel to have the IRS breathing down their necks, emptying their bank accounts, and garnishing their wages.

Letís not forget the unemployed citizens denied benefits because illegals are using their SSN, thus, state records indicate they are still employed. Or, the patients denied medical coverage because their benefits have been fraudulently exhausted by illegals. The list goes on, but Iím sure in your world, this illegal and unethical behavior can be justified.

The government may receive a massive amount from illegals, but it is but a drop in the bucket compared to the obscene amounts illegals receive in return. The average illegal does not earn enough to pay $15,000 or more in taxes; which, by the way, is the average annual tax burden for each illegal alien child enrolled in our public schools.

What a wonderful ďgift.Ē
I never disagreed with any of this, that's why I want increased access to legal immigration, had these people been documented in the first place these would be non-issues.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Really? So, an uneducated U.S. citizen canít be fluent in more than one language after having been raised in a bilingual environment? Do tell.
Well, if a U.S. citizen is fluent in more than one language he/she would be more educated than a non-educated U.S. citizen who only speaks one language, relatively speaking.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
The issue isnít you, me, or any skilled or educated person. Naturally, the low-skilled and uneducated, regardless of immigration status, pose no threat to the educated. Why are you so fixated on YOU? Illegal immigration has displaced millions of low-skilled legal workers. Consequently, they and their families are suffering. Clearly, your empathy is reserved for foreigners who feel nothing but disdain for this country. How truly sad.

You can only speak for yourself. If an unemployed citizen could only survive by working in a kitchen, there is no doubt in my mind he/she would. Remember, pride cometh before the fall.
That's the problem, is people in here seem to invent problems and complain about things that don't actually affect them. It's this kind of obnoxious fear-monging that annoys me to no end. If you can't relate the stuff you're complaining about to yourself or people you know closely than why should you be complaining about it in the first place?

On a related note, if a tree falls over in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound? My answer to that is it probably does, but who really cares? Please go back to complaining about traffic, the weather, hangnails, and that canker sore in your mouth that you keep touching with your tongue, but when you do that it only makes it worse. My God.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
That's the problem, is people in here seem to invent problems and complain about things that don't actually affect them. It's this kind of obnoxious fear-monging that annoys me to no end. If you can't relate the stuff you're complaining about to yourself or people you know closely than why should you be complaining about it in the first place?

On a related note, if a tree falls over in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound? My answer to that is it probably does, but who really cares? Please go back to complaining about traffic, the weather, hangnails, and that canker sore in your mouth that you keep touching with your tongue, but when you do that it only makes it worse. My God.
Thank God, the white people who helped the slaves escape through the Underground Railroad, and the white people who fought and died during the Civil Rights Movement didnít have your attitude. Without the help from people who were not slaves, and who were not black, I shudder to think what my life would be like today.

It is your prerogative not to care about millions of suffering U.S. citizens simply because illegal immigration has not adversely impacted your life. It is also my prerogative to give a damn.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:54 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,969,157 times
Yeah, strangely enough SOME of us do care even when the issues may not affect us DIRECTLY.

That said, I believe, unlike Slig, that unfettered illegal immigration does impact ALL of us.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Yeah, strangely enough SOME of us do care even when the issues may not affect us DIRECTLY.

That said, I believe, unlike Slig, that unfettered illegal immigration does impact ALL of us.
Indeed it does. Sadly, some are much too narcissistic to even realize this simple truth. As long as THEY are okay, everything is peachy.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:03 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,165,382 times
Quote:
I never disagreed with any of this, that's why I want increased access to legal immigration, had these people been documented in the first place these would be non-issues.
Right, let's "document" the whole world's poor and allow them all in. That will solve their problem but create a monstrous problem for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or