U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 04:08 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
That's the problem, is people in here seem to invent problems and complain about things that don't actually affect them. It's this kind of obnoxious fear-monging that annoys me to no end. If you can't relate the stuff you're complaining about to yourself or people you know closely than why should you be complaining about it in the first place?

On a related note, if a tree falls over in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound? My answer to that is it probably does, but who really cares? Please go back to complaining about traffic, the weather, hangnails, and that canker sore in your mouth that you keep touching with your tongue, but when you do that it only makes it worse. My God.
Illegal immigration has already affected all of us one way or another but even if it hadn't why care so little about your fellow citizen who is being impacted the most that you have a "just look the other way attitude"? How callous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 04:09 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,948,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Illegal immigration has already affected all of us one way or another but even if it hadn't why care so little about your fellow citizen who is being impacted the most that you have a "just look the other way attitude"? How callous.
But typical of the pro illegal apologists, no?

Old 10-14-2010, 07:29 AM

5,891 posts, read 12,252,279 times
Quote:
Immigration in general (legal and illegal) has had a huge positive impact on the area where I live. I am aware of some of the negative effects of illegal immigration and none of those would be present had the same people gone through the process legally as opposed to illegally. Hence, my desire for increased legal immigration.

However, the fact remains that with the current tools and systems in place nothing is going to stop the issues from continuing.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:14 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Immigration in general (legal and illegal) has had a huge positive impact on the area where I live. I am aware of some of the negative effects of illegal immigration and none of those would be present had the same people gone through the process legally as opposed to illegally. Hence, my desire for increased legal immigration.

However, the fact remains that with the current tools and systems in place nothing is going to stop the issues from continuing.
Correct, including this

Did you know that the Obama administration deported 387,790 illegals in 2009? More than Bush?

Enforcement is growing. The way Americans view these criminals has changed and the rage is increasing. The number of illegal criminals is shrinking.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:24 AM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,999 times
Quote:
I never disagreed with any of this, that's why I want increased access to legal immigration, had these people been documented in the first place these would be non-issues.
Quote:
Right, let's "document" the whole world's poor and allow them all in. That will solve their problem but create a monstrous problem for us.
Yeah this solution is insanity.

No country allows the unlimited migration of low skilled people into their society. Why should America be the only place so designated? Roughly a billion people live on less than $2 a day. Are Americans and only Americans supposed to fix their problems?

If we say don't come here you have no right to say to hell with that and come here anyway. America is one of the world's most generous countries in regards to the number of people we let in legally. To whine that we don't let in EVERYONE is utterly unfair.

Mexicans need to finally understand a simple fact: we're not here to absorb their excess population. We don't want or need their non-English speaking junior high school drop outs. Don't send them here.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:35 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:

If they were really so positive, creating all those new jobs, paying all those high taxes, then don't you think their own countries would be trying to get some of them to come back home?

If their own governments don't want them, that should make you realize there's a problem.

For example Mexico - it has a growing middle class and it has free public school education but the illegals are the ones who aren't adapting and becoming middle class there because they drop out of school at young ages and have children at young ages and they have more children than they can feed which is why they're coming by the millions to the USA where none of that creates a problem because here children bring in food stamps, free Medicaid, WIC and much more.

They could make it in Mexico if they stayed in school, delayed the start of their families and limited family size to what they could afford.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:08 AM

1,150 posts, read 991,058 times
<<With our systems in place, I don't have alot of remorse for Americans which fit into this category...they have all the opportunity in the world to get an education or learn a skilled trade.>.

I agree that most Americans have good opportunities, but not everyone has the mental capacity to be a highly skilled worker. There will always be those who are capable of doing only low paying, unskilled jobs. Those jobs should go them, not illegal aliens. Of course many squander their opportunities for a good education, but you can't change human nature. Those who do have two choices, either a low skilled job, or taxpayer support in the form of welfare. Personally, I'd rather see them working.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:18 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If they were really so positive, creating all those new jobs, paying all those high taxes, then don't you think their own countries would be trying to get some of them to come back home?

If their own governments don't want them, that should make you realize there's a problem.

For example Mexico - it has a growing middle class and it has free public school education but the illegals are the ones who aren't adapting and becoming middle class there because they drop out of school at young ages and have children at young ages and they have more children than they can feed which is why they're coming by the millions to the USA where none of that creates a problem because here children bring in food stamps, free Medicaid, WIC and much more.

They could make it in Mexico if they stayed in school, delayed the start of their families and limited family size to what they could afford.

This is the absolute truth. I am so sick of hearing about the poor, disadvantaged Mexicans, who are forced to come here to survive. They could easily survive in their own country, which has a much lower unemployment rate than the US, if they would act responsibly. I donít care where you live, if you only complete the 5th grade, and have 3 babies prior to the age of 20, you will not prosper.

Unfortunately, our welfare state rewards their irresponsible behavior by generously providing tax-funded handouts. They donít succeed in Mexico, because they lack the will. They come here knowing they can live comfortably off the backs of hardworking taxpayers, which is the primary reason they have several children on U.S. soil. As long as our government rewards parasitic behavior, illegals will continue to come. They will come, with or without employment prospects, because our freebies are a much greater incentive than our dwindling jobs.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:46 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:

And as I have asked you before what makes you think we need more legal immigration? I am talking about the ability to provide them with jobs, resources and being able to stabilize our population growth.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:58 AM

5,891 posts, read 12,252,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is the absolute truth. I am so sick of hearing about the poor, disadvantaged Mexicans, who are forced to come here to survive. They could easily survive in their own country, which has a much lower unemployment rate than the US, if they would act responsibly. I don’t care where you live, if you only complete the 5th grade, and have 3 babies prior to the age of 20, you will not prosper.
You are so misinformed on this I don't even know where to begin.

Quote:
And as I have asked you before what makes you think we need more legal immigration? I am talking about the ability to provide them with jobs, resources and being able to stabilize our population growth.
Well, they are already here illegally and they aren't going anywhere with the current system we have in place. Either the US Gov't needs to change its stance and create effective systems to prevent the undocumented from getting work/continuing to work or they should legally document them to prevent further damage due to the issues caused by large numbers of people being in the country without any legal documentation (abuse of emergency rooms with no accountability, people on the road without valid driver's license, lack of insurance, false/stolen documents, etc. etc.)

My whole point about expanding legal immigration is it would allow alot of these people who want to come into the country to work but cannot do it legally due to the current constraints the gov't has on legal immigration. Allowing these people to go through the legal process would prevent them from coming in illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or