U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:43 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Reputation: 957

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneDoeAmerican View Post
WHY 14TH Amendment MUST BE APPEALED.

14th Amendment must be appeal before any kind of reform is thought about, because it alone is bankrupting this country. Anchor babies can and do collect welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, public housing assistance and their parents, who are in this country illegally benefit through them. Anchor babies qualify on their parent income and since they are low income earners they qualify. (at the expense of the American tax payers)

Illegal Aliens Get Millions In Monthly Welfare Checks
An example of who the state cuts the monthly checks to is an unemployed 43-year-old illegal immigrant from Mexico who gets $650 a month for each of her four children and about $500 in federal food stamps and other vouchers. .
[ http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/20...lfare-checks-0
Do you mean we have to appeal the entire 14 amendment or only Section 1...or only that part of Section 1 that deals with citizen birth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:44 AM
 
31 posts, read 28,184 times
Reputation: 21
This anchor baby nightmare must come to an end.
IT is abuse of the 14th amendment.

Last year, in the largest such case in INS history, four midwives in Brownsville and San Benito, Texas pleaded guilty to filing fraudulent Texas birth certificates for 1,500 children actually born in Mexico. Making $800 to $1,200 for each birth certificate they falsified, the network of midwives operated profitably from 1988 to 1994.8 However, midwife-assisted birth registrations are rarely checked. There are virtually no safeguards to prevent a midwife from inventing a child's U.S. address.

The Social Contract - Anchor Babies

Treate them and bill them. But that will not work because they are usually not who they say they are and live at the address they give. 14th Amendment is a fraud.

Last edited by Yac; 10-21-2010 at 02:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:52 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneDoeAmerican View Post
Treate them and bill them. But that will not work because they are usually not who they say they are and live at the address they give. 14th Amendment is a fraud.
Are you saying treat them medically? and send them a bill for the medical treatment? How is the 14th amendment to the Constitution involved with Medical billing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 11:22 AM
 
31 posts, read 28,184 times
Reputation: 21
How about this. Repeal automatic birthright citizenship for children of illegal aliens. Retro-active.
The abuse, fraud and cost is too much for Americans to bear and there is no way of knowing who is really born here or not. Do not and never have applied to children of illegal aliens. All we really need to do is apply it correctly. That part is obsolute because there are no children of ex-slaves.
Is that clear enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 11:56 AM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,313,536 times
Reputation: 326
I agree with the OP's outrage. Congress needs to craft a proposal that would require both parents to be either legal residents and/or citizens in order for their children to have birthright's to citizenship.

I doubt such a proposal would muster sufficient votes though. A 2/3 majority in both houses would be tough to get and even tougher to get 3/4's of the states to ratify it (if I recall the amendment process). It's a long shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 12:25 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,948,309 times
Reputation: 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneDoeAmerican View Post
This anchor baby nightmare must come to an end.
IT is abuse of the 14th amendment.

Last year, in the largest such case in INS history, four midwives in Brownsville and San Benito, Texas pleaded guilty to filing fraudulent Texas birth certificates for 1,500 children actually born in Mexico. Making $800 to $1,200 for each birth certificate they falsified, the network of midwives operated profitably from 1988 to 1994.8 However, midwife-assisted birth registrations are rarely checked. There are virtually no safeguards to prevent a midwife from inventing a child's U.S. address.

The Social Contract - Anchor Babies
I wonder how many of those are hoping to benefit from a so called Dream Act? Oh, guess it won't affect THEM as they are allegedly natural born citizens. Wonder if ICE followed up to relieve them of their falsely obtained citizenship?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 01:04 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneDoeAmerican View Post
How about this. Repeal automatic birthright citizenship for children of illegal aliens. Retro-active.
The abuse, fraud and cost is too much for Americans to bear and there is no way of knowing who is really born here or not. Do not and never have applied to children of illegal aliens. All we really need to do is apply it correctly. That part is obsolute because there are no children of ex-slaves.
Is that clear enough?
How would this be accomplished?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:10 PM
 
Location: Chicago
38,691 posts, read 86,811,612 times
Reputation: 29355
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
you're mistaken...I make no arguement. The practice of conveying citizenship to all persons born on American soil is not a law it is a right guaranteed by the 14th amendment to the Constitution of the United States Of America.

So I make no arguement for keeping it law...as it is a right already with precedent.
You say you make no argument when you specifically framed it as an argument. You even used the word "argument" to preface your argument.

Additionally, you're trying to make a distinction that does not exist. Constitutional law is, by definition, law. So your argument that you say isn't an argument is this: The law should remain because it is Constitutional law. So you're still resorting to the canard that law as self-validating. There's a word for the concept that law is self-validating: authoritarianism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 03:10 AM
 
1,011 posts, read 846,165 times
Reputation: 467
What I don't understand is why instead of breaking another country's laws the Mexicans don't attempt to make THEIR country a better place to live and give birth in....

They want to turn half of the US into this Mexico ****hole, instead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 03:19 AM
 
1,011 posts, read 846,165 times
Reputation: 467
I think what we really need is a "shoot on sight" policy regarding breach of our borders (jeez, do I really need to justify this?) at the Mexican border.

Drones like the Feds like to use in the far away places like Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq with bombs and napalm. And the border agents authorized to shoot at ANYONE breaching the Mexican-US border.

Minefields at the border as well. Did I mention the armed drone planes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top