U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 11:07 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Yea, but we don't know if they are going to repeat or not. That's the problem. We can't just end people's lives because we think they are going to do something again. That's ending someone's life, no one should have that right. That's why I am iffy about the death penalty. Murders are things that we would rather not see happen, capital punishment is something we choose to do and have the option of not doing, but do it anyway, so both are bad.

To me, that's an "Off with their head!" mentality. LOL The whole decision to just end someone's life because you're fed up with them.

Your right we don't know but statistics say, that most repeast offenders, usually end up doing the same crime over and over again. Look at how many child predators get out, and they end up abusing, raping, and killing children how many times. Add illegal criminals to this mix, do we really need that. Maybe perhaps these people who are doing the killing, ought to think twice before, taking someone's MOTHER, FATHER, GRANDFATHER, GRANDMOTHER, SISTER, BROTHER, CHILDREN, AUNT'S UNCLES, I CAN GO ON. i was so against the death penalty, but these days, with the crimes that are beign committed, and without batting an eye, for an eye to me now. Just if these murderers knew the pain they would cause to themselves and their family and the victim's families, how many kill for the wrong reason, no reason at all, illegals, and citizens. Perhaps the decision to end one's life is off with the end mentality, but it is also off with their head mentality, for those who are doing the killing, and not thinking twice and looking back Child Predators, go back and end up doing the same crimes over and over again. People these days don't need a reason to pull the trigger, they do it these days for fun. Something has got to be done~!

Old 10-10-2010, 08:12 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
No, that's crazy. Come on now, lol. That's nuts. People got serious, messed up issues, but we just can't be killing people. Yea, it would save prison costs, but there's something wrong with killing someone for thosecrimes and sometimes, I think for murder. I always say that my opinion could change if my family member was killed by someone, but I think I still wouldn't want to see someone killed. So, I definitely don't agree with killing people for those crimes. Besides, the death penalty is a quick way out of punishment.
But people who come here illegally and intend to take every possible benefit from the USA, demand all the rights of citizenship and have no intention of ever returning home should not be given special exemptions when it comes time to punish them for their crimes.

Illegals who cry like little babies when someone suggests returning them home will suddently run to their own government when caught in crimes, demanding special rights given by their own country. That has to stop, if they commit crimes here, then they need to suffer the same consequences as other criminals.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:05 AM

256 posts, read 239,006 times
The U.S. has made a pack with Mexico not to give any of their citizens the Death Penalty. I think they should. Whenever, they deport illegal aliens with violent offenses they just come back and commit more offenses. Often time when they return they commit even worst criminal offenses because they don't wan to get caught. That's why you see so, many cops killed by illegal aliens.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:13 AM

3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Your right we don't know but statistics say, that most repeast offenders, usually end up doing the same crime over and over again. Look at how many child predators get out, and they end up abusing, raping, and killing children how many times. Add illegal criminals to this mix, do we really need that. Maybe perhaps these people who are doing the killing, ought to think twice before, taking someone's MOTHER, FATHER, GRANDFATHER, GRANDMOTHER, SISTER, BROTHER, CHILDREN, AUNT'S UNCLES, I CAN GO ON. i was so against the death penalty, but these days, with the crimes that are beign committed, and without batting an eye, for an eye to me now. Just if these murderers knew the pain they would cause to themselves and their family and the victim's families, how many kill for the wrong reason, no reason at all, illegals, and citizens. Perhaps the decision to end one's life is off with the end mentality, but it is also off with their head mentality, for those who are doing the killing, and not thinking twice and looking back Child Predators, go back and end up doing the same crimes over and over again. People these days don't need a reason to pull the trigger, they do it these days for fun. Something has got to be done~!
I was talking about non-murder crimes. Some people were suggesting that people should be killed for non-murder crimes.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:58 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:
Yea, but we don't know if they are going to repeat or not. That's the problem. We can't just end people's lives because we think they are going to do something again. That's ending someone's life, no one should have that right. That's why I am iffy about the death penalty. Murders are things that we would rather not see happen, capital punishment is something we choose to do and have the option of not doing, but do it anyway, so both are bad.

To me, that's an "Off with their head!" mentality. LOL The whole decision to just end someone's life because you're fed up with them.
Should we call you Mr, PC ?

Old 10-11-2010, 06:13 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
No, that's crazy. Come on now, lol. That's nuts. People got serious, messed up issues, but we just can't be killing people. Yea, it would save prison costs, but there's something wrong with killing someone for thosecrimes and sometimes, I think for murder. I always say that my opinion could change if my family member was killed by someone, but I think I still wouldn't want to see someone killed. So, I definitely don't agree with killing people for those crimes. Besides, the death penalty is a quick way out of punishment.
What if you had a family member raped then murdered. How would you feel if you saw headlines that the person was deported, came back again and committed another killing? Well, we are letting that happen now. Plus, we are funding it.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:22 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
the punishment has to fit the crime. thats already been set forth. the punishment can not be cruel or unusual. thats already been set forth.

no. no death penalty based on citizenship.
thats just knee jerk.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:08 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
the punishment has to fit the crime. thats already been set forth. the punishment can not be cruel or unusual. thats already been set forth.

thats just knee jerk.
Under ordinary circumstances this is true. However, we have an unusual dilemma. Due to our porous borders, illegals are free to commit heinous crimes in this country and simply flee across the border to evade apprehension. They later return and commit additional atrocities.

IMO, the scum who rape babies donít deserve to live. They are subhuman and beyond any form of rehabilitation. We should not waste our tax dollars by incarcerating this feculence. If there is DNA evidence to prove their guilt, they should be summarily executed. But only after being brutally gang raped.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:17 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post

thats just knee jerk.
If we look outside of US law then it's neither cruel or unusual. This might be something for a World or UN court to run with. I'd be ok with it.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:48 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
If there IS such an agreement that no Mexican national can get the death penalty in THIS country then that needs to be rescinded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or