U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 01:10 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,157,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Actually, my mother's family is Apache. I am part Native American. I am also a Plains Prairie archaeologist. I know Native people well, but I do not presume to speak for any one other than myself.

Indigenous is really such a catch all phrase. No humans are indigenous to any lands outside of Africa. There are NO indigenous people anywhere outside of Ethiopia. None.

Native Americans are indigenous to this continent in the same manner as the progeny of all who have migrated here.

The terminology though, has absolutely no bearing on the genocide inflicted on the people native to this continent--and I think that we can all agree that the Spanish, the English, and to a lesser degree, the French, all had a significant part to play in the near eradication of native people from the continent. Columbus, in his dunder-headed flailing about, never set foot on the actual continent itself, instead landing in the Bahamas.

My point, and I do have one, is that there are none alive responsible for events set in action 500 years ago. To continue to blame people for the actions of others who came before them simply based upon the color of their skin seems to me to be the very height of hypocrisy.
Well stated, Kele.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 02:34 PM

32,823 posts, read 30,083,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inturbide1981 View Post
lol, the good thing is , is that if you believe in a savior, a god,
then all those filthy scum are rotting in hell.

at least the indians had an excuse, but god, sooner or later makes you pay for your wrong doings, and lol, their precious descendants would soon see the wrath of god.

the wolrd they have created, god gave them the innovation to lead the world for a moment and what they do? enslave, kill,
well see HOW THIS WORLD ENDS IN THE AFTERLIFE, MAYBE
the TRUE christians can take a field trip someday and see the demons
do over and over and over what they did to those poor people.
Serious derailment. Religion.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:45 PM

2,777 posts, read 2,914,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
thats cause there was none

Well, um, yes. That was my point-there are no "native Americans". Never was.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:51 PM

155 posts, read 146,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Canada has its own issues with the so-called indigenous people, but nothing to the extent of what Americans today are subjected to over the actions of people who have been dead for hundreds of years.

The British take the p*ss on the French for a myriad of reasons, the invasion of the Normans though, is not one of them. The Norman invasion set Britain on a course toward becoming a world power. No Brit I know (and I know many) are b*tching about the Norman invasion.

Additionally, I fail to see that anyone is suggesting that the colonization of the Americas and the atrocities inflicted upon the native people were in any way justifiable. Unfortunately, humans have been conquering weaker tribes throughout human history and I seriously doubt that they will ever really evolve beyond that. No matter who you are, there is always some Indian out there that's bigger and badder than you and they want what you've got.
kele I like your post, so if we come to facts and statistics
if we analyze california, nevada, arizona, texas, new mexico, colorado

babies from hispanic blood, (indians with europeans) have already transform the landscape,
if we check deaths and births CORRECT?

SO YOURE RIGHT, latin america as a whole is growing at 6 million people and the growth of usa (anglo saxon) is growing at a rate of

live births in 2006 inside the usa
white 3,310,000
black 666,000
asian 241,000
hispanic 1,039,000

deaths in 2006 inside the usa
white 2,078,000
black 290,000
asian 45,000
hispanic 133,000

so according to these statistic
the latino population is growing at
7,000,000 compare to 1,200,000 anglo/saxons?
so if you whole your quote corrected

WHO IS THE BADDEST NEW INDIAN?
The 2010 Statistical Abstract: Births, Deaths, Marriages, & Divorces
World population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-12-2010, 11:14 PM

15,587 posts, read 22,410,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
thats cause there was none
Oh really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or