U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-27-2008, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Chicago metro
3,375 posts, read 7,045,389 times
Reputation: 1852

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Any illegal immigrant. Again; pitch 'em out.
Again the economy will still be messed up if it wasn't no illegal immigrants. What about foreclosure, house values, overl crowded prisons, unemployment rate, there is other stuff beside immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-27-2008, 07:48 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Giving jail time to illegal immigrants don't solve nothing, that will cost America alot of money. America need to worry about other stuff like foreclosure, house values, crime rate and other stuff. Where did America get $700 billion to bail out Wall street... hmmmm? Why want you accept the fact that granting them legal citizenship is a good way to go. Not all illegal immigrants are bad people, most of them are good people. They left their country because its poor or other situation and its more opportunity here. What illegal immigrants are you refering to?
Leave them illegal, even if you don't try to deport them all. That's the choice they made. Why give them citizenship? They already have the option of going back and starting over the right way. Many did not originally plan to stay here forever, many simply wanted to work for a while and return home and there's no reason to try to change their minds.

The best thing for their country would be for them to go back, help build it up, push for reforms. Giving them citizenship only means what remittances they pay will come to an end, their many family members and friends will be moving up to join them here and we don't have the jobs and resources to support them all.

We don't need all our immigrants coming from just one country, one ethnicity and language. If we need immigrants, we need a good balance of them, we need some diversity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 08:18 PM
 
Location: Chicago metro
3,375 posts, read 7,045,389 times
Reputation: 1852
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Leave them illegal, even if you don't try to deport them all. That's the choice they made. Why give them citizenship? They already have the option of going back and starting over the right way. Many did not originally plan to stay here forever, many simply wanted to work for a while and return home and there's no reason to try to change their minds.

The best thing for their country would be for them to go back, help build it up, push for reforms. Giving them citizenship only means what remittances they pay will come to an end, their many family members and friends will be moving up to join them here and we don't have the jobs and resources to support them all.

We don't need all our immigrants coming from just one country, one ethnicity and language. If we need immigrants, we need a good balance of them, we need some diversity.
Ok, many European immigrants originally didn't want to stay in this country, but they stayed anyway? Not all of the illegal immigrants are from one country like you claim. 70-75% of the illegal immigrants are hispanic and some came from Central American countries like Honduras El Salvador, and Honduras; not all are from Mexico. Since 70-75% are from Latin America, what about the other 25-30% illegal immigrants. The other 25-30% came from all over the world like Asia,Europe, and Africa. So your claim that all immigrants came from one country and language is wrong/invalid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 08:25 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Giving jail time to illegal immigrants don't solve nothing, that will cost America alot of money. America need to worry about other stuff like foreclosure, house values, crime rate and other stuff. Where did America get $700 billion to bail out Wall street... hmmmm? Why want you accept the fact that granting them legal citizenship is a good way to go. Not all illegal immigrants are bad people, most of them are good people. They left their country because its poor or other situation and its more opportunity here. What illegal immigrants are you refering to?
This is the immigration forum..........
Jailing then deporting illegals along with seizure of assets will send a strong message. Get caught and we will take your freedom, we will take your ill begotten earnings and we will send you back with less than you came here with. It will encourage them to self deport... Just as it is doing already with the crrackdowns accross the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 08:40 PM
 
Location: Chicago metro
3,375 posts, read 7,045,389 times
Reputation: 1852
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
This is the immigration forum..........
Jailing then deporting illegals along with seizure of assets will send a strong message. Get caught and we will take your freedom, we will take your ill begotten earnings and we will send you back with less than you came here with. It will encourage them to self deport... Just as it is doing already with the crrackdowns accross the nation.
Oh ok. I know this is a immigration forum. I don't see 12 million people being deported. About time that even try to happen, some or the majority of them will have legal citizenships or some kind of form that prove they can stay in this country. The only ones that are actually going back is the ones that commit serious crimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 08:53 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Oh ok. I know this is a immigration forum. I don't see 12 million people being deported. About time that even try to happen, some or the majority of them will have legal citizenships or some kind of form that prove they can stay in this country. The only ones that are actually going back is the ones that commit serious crimes.
An immigrant is either legal or not..............none of that 'little bit legal' nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 10:02 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
What do that have to do with my post? You make no sense.
Let me help you out with this....

According to the American Heritage Dictionary:

le⋅gal – adjective
1. permitted by law; lawful: Such acts are not legal.
2. of or pertaining to law; connected with the law or its administration: the legal profession.
3. appointed, established, or authorized by law; deriving authority from law.
4. recognized by law rather than by equity.

il·le·gal -adjective
1. Prohibited by law.
2. Prohibited by official rules: an illegal pass in football.
3. Unacceptable to or not performable by a computer: an illegal operation.
4. n. An illegal immigrant.

Get it now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 10:19 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Ok, many European immigrants originally didn't want to stay in this country, but they stayed anyway? Not all of the illegal immigrants are from one country like you claim. 70-75% of the illegal immigrants are hispanic and some came from Central American countries like Honduras El Salvador, and Honduras; not all are from Mexico. Since 70-75% are from Latin America, what about the other 25-30% illegal immigrants. The other 25-30% came from all over the world like Asia,Europe, and Africa. So your claim that all immigrants came from one country and language is wrong/invalid.

Many returned to Europe. In fact about a third of immigrants from Europe ended up going back home because in those days, there were no welfare programs, no food stamps and free lunch. In those days, an immigrant had to be self-reliant, had to assimilate and if they could not adjust, they would decide to go home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 10:27 PM
 
Location: Chicago metro
3,375 posts, read 7,045,389 times
Reputation: 1852
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Many returned to Europe. In fact about a third of immigrants from Europe ended up going back home because in those days, there were no welfare programs, no food stamps and free lunch. In those days, an immigrant had to be self-reliant, had to assimilate and if they could not adjust, they would decide to go home.
I agree, but at least over half of them stayed in America and it was harder for them to adjust. Thats one of the reasons why you can't remove all the illegal immigrants in this country and I doubt that the majority of them will leave, its easier for immigrants to adjust to America today than back when Europeans migrated here..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2008, 03:37 AM
 
12,870 posts, read 12,772,010 times
Reputation: 4446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
I agree, but at least over half of them stayed in America and it was harder for them to adjust. Thats one of the reasons why you can't remove all the illegal immigrants in this country and I doubt that the majority of them will leave, its easier for immigrants to adjust to America today than back when Europeans migrated here..
what right do they have to choose what they will or will not do in our country?!
you can say that they will refuse to leave but that is not their decision to make.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top